North Gippsland Football League Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Simmington. You remember him, don't you?

Yeah he is a legend!

I got told brad is staying now but I don't exactly know, a few former players are back and they have a few new players as posted on here a while back, with a very good coach on board they really don't need much to be up there again considering nearly every other side above hasn't really improved that much. City have lost McKay gone back to play at sale, I am hearing various reasons why!! We will leave the one, anyway yeah to my knowledge city have still lost those that I have said.

The league should be relatively even bar two or three weaker sides.

Anyone read the Glory of Sport mag that came out yesterday? Great read and had a good preview of all the local leagues. There was mention of a potential signing of an ex AFL ruckman to Sale City at some stage this year. Anyone have any idea who it might be?

Caught up with Nick on Monday. He said he honestly didnt know who I was talking about, but admitted that an ex AFL ruckman would be handy. He said that it may be that Dylan McLaren may have said to someone that he might venture to North Gippy but apparently Dylan wants at least another year in the big league!!!

Rosedale v TTU should be a decent game tomorrow, but i would expect Rosedale to get up. Young Desi Loprese seems to have a god set of hands on him at FF, but the bombers will have their work cut out for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah dylan loprese has a great set of hands and big for an 18 yr old has kicked 9 goals in two games , desi brunt also a great set of hands and they now have another forward who will be a handful for the season

Yeah. They did enough against Cowwar, but this will be another step up today. They look fairly quick accross the deck as well. Quicker than when i was there anyway;)

Rosedale v TTU should be a decent game tomorrow, but i would expect Rosedale to get up. Young Desi Loprese seems to have a god set of hands on him at FF, but the bombers will have their work cut out for them.

Turned out to be a real ripper game from the looks of the score!! Looks like sale city and rosedale by the length of the straight.

yeah rosedale are a good outfit always been pretty good but we have had it over them there the last few years there but by the looks ttu got a thumping. Oh how long ago were you there?

Within the last 5 years, but playing supers with Hicksy and Docca now. To old and slow now.

Unfortuantely Tyers are a better side than what the result reflects, you either have to have one of two things to beat Rosedale.

Big key backs to play on Caldwell, Flanagan and Cantwell plus at least one very good small defender to stop their smalls (Mcdermott and Fleming)

OR

A midfield that is capable of getting on top of Sus Emery, Chris King, Darryl Mayman, Diamond Brothers etc to stop the above.

OR

At least two or three players prepared to play shut down roles so at least you can try to limit how the ball comes into them.

Tyers right now don't have either the first or second and the third is a tactical thing, the only side that has the midfielders to push them if you match them up to Rosedale is Sale City, the pre season predictions proved incorrect with Tollner changing his mind, but the biggest improvement at City will be their younger players in Grainger, Bell, Bennet etc, if the couple of players they seem to have recruited actually come to fruition they should do really well.

As for C, (This is not aimde at Tyers as I have no idea how they played, tactics etc) but it still staggers me in local footy the complete lack of time effort and coaching that does not go into teaching players the defensive side of football or understanding opposition teams.

I think even early on as Mayhem said the gap has widened, it is looking like this (in no order in the groups):

Sale City
Rosedale

Glengarry

Churchill

Cowwarr
Tyers
Heyfield

Boisdale

Gormandale
Woodside

Wouldnt happen to be an ex coach would you? I have no idea why hicksy is playing supers he still a gun

No, but, we shared a similar haircut with Jimmy F as well ;)

As a TTU supporter, I watched the game last weekend between TTU v Rosedale, the bigger bodies of Rosedale seemed to trouble our young side, and they did not allow us to get our running game going. I believe that was were the game was won. Also with our number one backman Tom Lambert being knocked out early in the game really stretched our backline, finding it hard to match up on Flanagan and Caldwell. Rosedale will definately be up there with a potent forward line and ruckman. Will be interesting to see how Rosedale go this weekend vs Glengarry as they are not a side with light bodies like us. I think we will find out after this week if they are in the same class as Sale City.

Sale City currently with 6 or 7 injured players are still going to be very hard to get over this season. Seen them up close and have a neighbour who is a player and reckons they will improve massively over the next 8 weeks.

No offence to Feathers but Woodside could possibly be the worst reserves side in Gippsland. Nick Turnbull kicked 15 against them, anyone who can play a bit and gets good use can probably pencil in a big day.

Having said that he has done well in the Magoos in the past against better opposition but they (Sale City) seem to like to use Milham a resting midfielder (Tollner and Schuback) and a couple of other smalls as their targets, very side to match up on especially with their skills by foot and speed up forward.

Yeah heard they will get Lutze back early hopefully, but unsure of who else is injured?? Care to name names??

Lutze and Hider for starters! Not sure exactly when, but a few others on sidelines too.

Yeah saw Hider the other day in the supermarket with a sling on.

Not sure who else that is going to be of significant value other than the above unles you can name six!!!

In other NGFNL news the rumour mill has started about Leigh Brown, he apparently said round 5 at the start of the year, but at training their was no definitive answer. In other Heyfield news good to see Wayne Knight and Luke Conway training, hopefully they can stay keen and be apart of the club after some time off.

Rumor has it conway was looking at going to another club not sure how true this is just what i heard in the pre season whispers

Is a traralgon listed player but has been in WA for months, always rumors about him playing elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Back