Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t mind season 3. Season 4 only has 2 episodes out so far so I’ll give it time, but so far it’s just ok.

The problem is that season 1 set the bar so high.

Yeh it’s just ok…fell in and out of snooze with Ep 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just watched the first two episodes of Shogun on Disney plus.

Well worth a watch, set circa 1600 in Japan.

Its quite novel to finally watch a show where the barbaric white dudes encounter a country more beautiful and a culture more civilised than anything they've ever experienced before.

I'm a bit of a history buff, but this show makes me realise how big my blind spot is around the experience of Asians when the Christian missionaries arrived way back when.

Its quite novel to finally watch a show where the barbaric white dudes encounter a country more beautiful and a culture more civilised than anything they've ever experienced before.

I'm a bit of a history buff, but this show makes me realise how big my blind spot is around the experience of Asians when the Christian missionaries arrived way back when.

Have you read the book?

The real-life person that the main Japanese character (in the story: Toranaga) is based on is one of the most fascinating figures in all of history imo.

He’s usually known as Tokugawa Ieyasu and essentially united Japan as a single country, founded Edo (Tokyo) as capital from nothing, and put in place a system of government that lasted ~250 years during a time when the rest of the world was in constant upheaval.

Anyone else watching the octopus murders? I’ve watched the first episode and half way through the second, it’s very interesting, especially for anyone that is into conspiracy stuff.
Shouldn’t be the Octopi murders ?

Anyone else watching the octopus murders? I’ve watched the first episode and half way through the second, it’s very interesting, especially for anyone that is into conspiracy stuff.
Danny Casularo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back