Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Dee's will make the finals this year. They have the personnel and the game to go far. I'm not saying they'll win the flag, it's too early in the season to predict such things. Petracca is in Brownlow form too.

I have both Dees and Dogs making prelims this year.
I don't think either will go further (still too many questions for both teams when it comes to big time finals), but they are probably on the right trend.
Although both forms are inflated early, dees got Geelong and Richmond at the right time (early in the year, shortest pre-season ever and injuries to key players) so let's see how they hold up later in the year.
Still, momentum is massive and they could roll this all the way to September... or fall in a hole like North a few years ago.

So, out of this group:

Dogs
Dees
Tigers
Port

Which team do we have the best chance of beating to a top four position? :think:
If the Dogs and us both knock off Richmond then clearly them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’re not going to be trusted until they perform in a final. Just like us in 2007, Richmond 2017 etc. Which is fair enough. But if they can handle that, and expectation, they’re going to be pretty formidable.
Agreed - and fair enough too really.
Still, like the way they are going. Better team now, and mentally look tougher to me. But long way to go.

Oh god they are going to drown in their bath water

It’s going to be glourious
Them and the dogs look good early, but it never ceases to amaze me that year after year everyone seems to forget how long the year actually is. Teams very very rarely dominate for an entire season and win the flag.
No saying it’s not going to happen this year, it’s just very unlikely.
Cats 2019, tigers 2018 and Crows 2017 come to mind immediately.

Them and the dogs look good early, but it never ceases to amaze me that year after year everyone seems to forget how long the year actually is. Teams very very rarely dominate for an entire season and win the flag.
Yep, but by the same token, I’m amazed how people think just because things went a certain way for the past couple of years, that it’ll be the same again this year. So accordingly, Dees might make more of a fist of it this year and maybe it doesn’t come together for the tigers by the end of this year? Who knows yet. Going to be interesting to see how this interesting season evolves.

Yep that’s the point I was trying to get on the main board ...it’s round ****ing 6

But let them puff their chests out it’ll make the fall that much harder for them

Yep, but by the same token, I’m amazed how people think just because things went a certain way for the past couple of years, that it’ll be the same again this year. So accordingly, Dees might make more of a fist of it this year and maybe it doesn’t come together for the tigers by the end of this year? Who knows yet. Going to be interesting to see how this interesting season evolves.
I do agree, but history does say a lot. When was the last team to dominate home and away and win the flag? Probably us in 2007.

Yep- agree that the dominating the comp premiers era isn’t upon us at the moment. But that can change too.
Absolutely it can.
If the Finals series was to start next week, Melbourne and Dogs are a good chance to play off in the Grand Final. And it still may well happen.
Lucky for us and the rest, the finals aren’t next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back