Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest anyone could've been 'on' tonight. Even North Melbourne.

St Kilda are embarrassingly insipid.
Wonder what the circumstances are for them. Has to be a reason. Saints are better than this. Although their last month has been below par.

Wonder what the circumstances are for them. Has to be a reason. Saints are better than this. Although their last month has been below par.
Didn't Ratten only just re-sign also?

Not really a good endorsement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints just don't have enough actual A grade talent to perform week in and week out.
King, Ryder, Steele, Sinclair, Jones, Membrey, Marshall- I rate those players
Higgins can be handy, but poor with accuracy tonight.
Gresham has dropped off

There's no point dressing it up. Both of these teams are very ordinary and not worthy of finals contention. Very glad they're on Geelong's radar soon.
If we are hungry, we should beat these teams. I

Doggies are looking great; making Saints look average.
Dogs looked good tonight - looked rubbish a week ago, and the week before that. Unlikely to make the 8. The wheels fell off the saints a few weeks back-and they are playing average footy now.

King, Ryder, Steele, Sinclair, Jones, Membrey, Marshall- I rate those players
Higgins can be handy, but poor with accuracy tonight.
Gresham has dropped off
King can be but is inconsistent
Ryder is injured half the time
Steele yes
Sinclair yes
Jones injury prone and inconsistent
Membrey B grade
Marshal B grade with A grade potential

So 2 A grade players and rest are inconsistent/B grade players

King can be but is inconsistent
Ryder is injured half the time
Steele yes
Sinclair yes
Jones injury prone and inconsistent
Membrey B grade
Marshal B grade with A grade potential

So 2 A grade players and rest are inconsistent/B grade players
Plenty of B graders at Geelong that I rate.
But true, they don't have out and out A graders.

Plenty of B graders at Geelong that I rate.
But true, thgey don't have out and out A graders/
Every side has B graders but compare the good sides to the Saints

Hawkins Cameron Stengle( yes he is) A grade
Guthrie Duncan A grade (Atkins has looked A grade last month or so) Danger and Selwood still capable with moments of A grade
Blics A grade
Stewart A grade Henry A grade (B grade this year)
And SDK who is A grade or borderline A grade now

That is close to 10 and at least 7 A graders at Geelong compared to between 2 and 5 at Saints

I would bet most top sides have around 6-12 A grade talent

Every side has B graders but compare the good sides to the Saints

Hawkins Cameron Stengle( yes he is) A grade
Guthrie Duncan A grade (Atkins has looked A grade last month or so) Danger and Selwood still capable with moments of A grade
Blics A grade
Stewart A grade Henry A grade (B grade this year)
And SDK who is A grade or borderline A grade now

That is close to 10 and at least 7 A graders at Geelong compared to between 2 and 5 at Saints

I would bet most top sides have around 6-12 A grade talent

6-12 A grade talent?
Can you name the A graders that Melbourne have?
I'd say you would be likely to get 5 A graders at any of the top teams. Most are borderline B and then you have a batch of players who have not yet established themselves or are on the cusp of the best 22 on a week-to-week basis.

Blicavs is not an A grader. He has never made the All Australian team and has only ever made the 40 man squad three times in his career.
He is not elite in any one position.

Duncan is not an A grader. He was 2-3 years ago but has not come close to those levels ever since.

De Koning, nope. Not yet. He's tracking along very nicely but has a little while to go. I'd have Henry above him and he wouldn't be classified as an A grader either.

Selwood? Taking the piss surely. He is not elite anymore. Dangerfield borderline elite but he's inconsistent these days. Atkins, again, long way to go. Needs to start getting it about 25 times a game before we can start talking him up as an A grader.
(Surprised you didn't have Tuohy or Menegola in there as A graders too).

Can I respond here or will you just give me another ban?
I think I'll just let it be.

Have a good night.
this is not the Footy Fantasy thread.
Maybe time to step away for the night.

GO CAtters

6-12 A grade talent?
Can you name the A graders that Melbourne have?
I'd say you would be likely to get 5 A graders at any of the top teams. Most are borderline B and then you have a batch of players who have not yet established themselves or are on the cusp of the best 22 on a week-to-week basis.

Blicavs is not an A grader. He has never made the All Australian team and has only ever made the 40 man squad three times in his career.
He is not elite in any one position.

Duncan is not an A grader. He was 2-3 years ago but has not come close to those levels ever since.

De Koning, nope. Not yet. He's tracking along very nicely but has a little while to go. I'd have Henry above him and he wouldn't be classified as an A grader either.

Selwood? Taking the piss surely. He is not elite anymore. Dangerfield borderline elite but he's inconsistent these days. Atkins, again, long way to go. Needs to start getting it about 25 times a game before we can start talking him up as an A grader.
(Surprised you didn't have Tuohy or Menegola in there as A graders too).
Melbournes A-Graders are obvious to me. Oliver, Petracca, Gawn, Brayshaw and May.

When they lose any 1 of those players, there is a big drop. They lost games while May was out. They won the GF on the back of Petracca and Oliver. Gawn has been an elite ruckman for a few years now. If Petracca and Oliver keep up the last 2 years form, they will be classed elite by next season if not already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back