Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm for it- especially if everyone that contributed throughout the season get one. None of this only people who played in the GF get a medal bullshit.
I don’t know how many players are named on the day outside of the required players.

But what if the announced squad for the GF received a medal if the team won. If it is say a squad of 25 players named for GF day is allowed.

Then you can include emergencies who were a big part of the season and missed. Probably could afford an injured player like Bib Murphy etc named. They are allowed to warm up with the team be part of the day.

Give them all a medal if they win.

I don’t know how many players are named on the day outside of the required players.

But what if the announced squad for the GF received a medal if the team won. If it is say a squad of 25 players named for GF day is allowed.

Then you can include emergencies who were a big part of the season and missed. Probably could afford an injured player like Bib Murphy etc named. They are allowed to warm up with the team be part of the day.

Give them all a medal if they win.
If the club wants to purchase medals for the players & staff who contributed throughout the year but not out there GF day then fair enough but i suppose they still wont be known as premiership players.

If the club wants to purchase medals for the players & staff who contributed throughout the year but not out there GF day then fair enough but i suppose they still wont be known as premiership players.
Not the same as being in the team on the day for sure, but if you could name three emergencies and they were part of the squad on the day with the potential to play should a warm up injury occur , you would probably feel more deserving and recognised than someone who was given a medal by the club.
It’s Academic anyway, nothing will be the same as being part of the playing group.

I don't mind the idea of the entire squad and coaches getting something to mark the moment of the club winning a flag, but that's to go along with the medals on the day for the playing group.

If you had five championship rings from your time at Currumbine AFL Club but one premiership medal you're going to value the medal more than the rest of the mementos.

I'm for it- especially if everyone that contributed throughout the season get one. None of this only people who played in the GF get a medal bullshit.
That would mean Gaff and Naitinui would be premiership players.

I'm not sure you've thought that through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back