News & Events Non-Football COVID-19 Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Say you catch covid and are vaccinated and it doesn't do much to you, but then next year you get it again (you have had you're booster shot) but are perhaps a bit more sick from a variant that stronger, then the following year you get a mild case...and so on. What happens after we have had it 10 times. We will be allowing it to come, and allowing us to get it multiple times. Will there be some sort of damage to our bodies that will eventually catch up with us and make really sick.
No. The immune system doesn't work like that. Think of it like memories. For example - imagine yesterday you ate a really tasty looking jelly bean that was flavoured like a piece of dog s**t and you ate it and thought, "this is really gross I am never doing that again". But then next year you see a piece of dog s**t that looks delicious but that smells really similar to that jelly bean, and you take a really big sniff of it and it makes you a little woozy, but you remember that jelly bean flavoured dog s**t that you ate last year, and decide not to eat it because it was nasty. And then the year after that, you come across another similar piece of dog s**t that looks really tasty, but maybe this one is a different consistency, and so you have a little nibble, but then before you can go any further it triggers the memory of that dogshit flavoured jelly bean that you really didn't like, and you remember that it is a bad idea so you run away from that particular strain of dogshit.

its just like that.

The jelly bean is the vaccine, and covid is the dogshit.

Wife and two year old tested positive today.

Wife has a dodgy throat, two year old has a rough temperature and doesn't know what to do. Keeps saying "Hot" and then "Cold", but all we can do is give her Nurofen.

Fully expect I'll be positive in the next couple days, as will the 5-month-old.

Wife has a dodgy throat, two year old has a rough temperature and doesn't know what to do. Keeps saying "Hot" and then "Cold", but all we can do is give her Nurofen.

All the best through the next few days. Got my fingers crossed for you that everyone in your family have a mild case. Reach out if you need.

Paracetamol for a fever.

Paracetamol for a fever.
Weirdly enough, the Nurofen worked and she's back below 38 degrees now.

Good tip though, I'll make sure to get some in the next online Woolies order.

Ah *. Here’s the sore throat

A friend of mine works at a shop in Fountain Gate. Had a customer come in saying that her daughter, who lives on her own, has Covid and was isolating at home. She got bored in isolation so went to FG and got her nails done.

s**t makes me unbelievably mad.

A friend of mine works at a shop in Fountain Gate. Had a customer come in saying that her daughter, who lives on her own, has Covid and was isolating at home. She got bored in isolation so went to FG and got her nails done.

sh*t makes me unbelievably mad.
There is a a lot of general in the general public.
Obviously it's everywhere at the moment and ppl like this are everywhere. Hence why a lot of ppl have gone back into a self imposed lockdown.
Hopefully it calms down by end of Jan because once school starts again, look out

The federal government shipments of vaccines to GPs apparently skipped a shipment at the end of December, the next one is due mid-January.

Not sure about state hub supplies but people wanting third doses or paediatric doses aren’t getting them until mid-Jan unless they got a rare bit of leftover vaccine from the shipment before that.

Which means even with a 3 week interval, most kids aren’t getting their second dose until first week of Feb at the earliest, and then another week or two after that for it to become effective.

I wonder if sharing a classroom for 2 hours x3 is a close contact 🤔

Some have acquired air purifiers for each classroom but I don’t think it’s universal yet. Not sure if the breaks throughout the day would count as not being a “household-like” contact since the 4h block isn’t continuous.

In a high school maybe you don’t spend more than 40-100 minutes with anyone else, but primary schools are an all day everyday same group of kids situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if sharing a classroom for 2 hours x3 is a close contact 🤔

Some have acquired air purifiers for each classroom but I don’t think it’s universal yet. Not sure if the breaks throughout the day would count as not being a “household-like” contact since the 4h block isn’t continuous.

In a high school maybe you don’t spend more than 40-100 minutes with anyone else, but primary schools are an all day everyday same group of kids situation.
Toddlers spending 10 hours together in a daycare room aren't considered "household-like" contacts so no chance schoolkids are. They've dialled it right back for reasons other than transmissibility.

Hope you and the family are getting by ok mate.
Family is fine, I am getting my ass kicked by this thing though. I’m double jabbed and I have honestly never felt worse in my life.

Feels like my airways are filled with cold congealed porridge, my joints ache and I’m constantly in this battle of roasting hot and freezing cold. Sweating bullets. I can’t keep food down, I’m coughing so hard that I throw it all up.

* this s**t. If my boss tries to make me come back to the office with numbers as catastrophically ****ed as they are then I’ll have some serious words. This s**t is no joke.

Family is fine, I am getting my ass kicked by this thing though. I’m double jabbed and I have honestly never felt worse in my life.

Feels like my airways are filled with cold congealed porridge, my joints ache and I’m constantly in this battle of roasting hot and freezing cold. Sweating bullets. I can’t keep food down, I’m coughing so hard that I throw it all up.

fu** this sh*t. If my boss tries to make me come back to the office with numbers as catastrophically f’ed as they are then I’ll have some serious words. This sh*t is no joke.
Goodness, sounds almost as bad as man flu!

Jokes aside, hope you start feeling better pronto. Sounds nasty.

Had a decent night's sleep on the couch last night and feel much better this morning, but still having some trouble breathing. Feels like work.

Just hope that's the corner turned and I can start to recover now

Think it must depend where you go as far as availability for booster Vaccines. Did mine last week. Was going past a place that was open so just walked in as there was only 20 or so people there. It was one of the state run clinics.

Think it must depend where you go as far as availability for booster Vaccines. Did mine last week. Was going past a place that was open so just walked in as there was only 20 or so people there. It was one of the state run clinics.
Yeah I got mine.

Wrecked me.

Yeah I got mine.

Wrecked me.

I'm booked in this Sunday, Pfizer after having Pfizer for the first two. What one did you have? I had zero issues with the first two, expecting it to get me for the booster.

I'm booked in this Sunday, Pfizer after having Pfizer for the first two. What one did you have? I had zero issues with the first two, expecting it to get me for the booster.
Pfizer. It hammered me when I got my 2nd dose last time too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back