Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell you what's not at all surprising but no less hilarious, and that's Longmire's comments about poor Luke Parker who is a good guy who just got it wrong, who acted with no malice, and it was really because the Frankston player collided with the back of Luke's head... almost implying it was somewhat the fault of the guy who was collected.

Compare and contrast this to his comments after the Peter Wright incident where it's disappointing to lose Cunningham for a few weeks, how disappointed he is in that, that Essendon "came out with intent in the physical space", had apparntly talked it up all week, and that he found it interesting that there were some quarters who were almost implying it was the fault of Cunningham for not bracing. Also that the footy industry is "moving along" in learning how to protect from head trauma.

What an absolute hypocrite. Not surprising, but pretty damn funny how he reacts when the shoe is on the other foot

I tell you what's not at all surprising but no less hilarious, and that's Longmire's comments about poor Luke Parker who is a good guy who just got it wrong, who acted with no malice, and it was really because the Frankston player collided with the back of Luke's head... almost implying it was somewhat the fault of the guy who was collected.

Compare and contrast this to his comments after the Peter Wright incident where it's disappointing to lose Cunningham for a few weeks, how disappointed he is in that, that Essendon "came out with intent in the physical space", had apparntly talked it up all week, and that he found it interesting that there were some quarters who were almost implying it was the fault of Cunningham for not bracing. Also that the footy industry is "moving along" in learning how to protect from head trauma.

What an absolute hypocrite. Not surprising, but pretty damn funny how he reacts when the shoe is on the other foot

Yeah I've been monitoring very closely the Sydney-side discussion of Parker and the incident, contrasting it to the comments that came out from them when the Wright incident occurred.

In fairness, I reckon i've seen about 70% of Sydney fans say the Parker one is unacceptable, and he should take what he gets, gonna be a lengthy spell etc...
But the others - be it on here or what you're highlighting here... very hypocritical.

Yeah I've been monitoring very closely the Sydney-side discussion of Parker and the incident, contrasting it to the comments that came out from them when the Wright incident occurred.

In fairness, I reckon i've seen about 70% of Sydney fans say the Parker one is unacceptable, and he should take what he gets, gonna be a lengthy spell etc...
But the others - be it on here or what you're highlighting here... very hypocritical.
AFL360 in particular blew my mind last night. Robbo saying the Franga guy should have braced. Gerard saying there was no malice. Both saying they'd be fine with 4 weeks.

What the ****? For that action and those injuries? When they were entirely comfortable with Wright's punishment that was far more a football action and much less injury consequences

the ones saying it's too harsh will invariably revolve into doing blatant victim blaming. "Smith should've expected contact, should've done this or that"

very disappointing to see, but it was good to see a lot of fans understand why he was banned and why the ban was so severe

AFL360 in particular blew my mind last night. Robbo saying the Franga guy should have braced. Gerard saying there was no malice. Both saying they'd be fine with 4 weeks.

What the heck? For that action and those injuries? When they were entirely comfortable with Wright's punishment that was far more a football action and much less injury consequences
Sydney is a protected species. I'll never forget when BZT was "cleared" for his involvement in Heeney breaking his hand on his head.

As for Horse, he's one of the biggest hypocrites in a league full of them.

How many incidents like the below were Franklin involved in and subsequently cleared of?

Screenshot_20240522-142639.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back