Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

commentary team treating this pitiful performance from pickett similarly to billy frampton on gf day.

kick no goals
let your opponent dominate you all game
”he’s made him work for it”!!!
like cmon lol

The Saints have become a miserable team to watch. Marshall, Steele and Sinclair are genuinely the only players who are peak level players. King is underwhelming, Owens and W-Milera will be peak one day, Wilkie is honest, Wood has his moments, Battle is honest, but overall they are insipid.

The Saints have become a miserable team to watch. Marshall, Steele and Sinclair are genuinely the only players who are peak level players. King is underwhelming, Owens and W-Milera will be peak one day, Wilkie is honest, Wood has his moments, Battle is honest, but overall they are insipid.

horrible, cant believe I tipped this trash

he has played more than 4 times the amount of games tsatas has. what bullet did we dodge?
You’re right, Phillipou has played more games ergo objectively better than Tsatas 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Score review and the time to set the ground up with their season pretty well on the line, Saints proceed to give the kick out to Riley Bonner, who then misses a 15 metre chip to a man on his own and immediately concedes a goal.

Sums them up very nicely, how a Ross Lyon coached side’s sole win condition has become exclusively outside players absolutely running riot is beyond me.

I don't think I've rated even a single game I've seen Phillipou play. Just an average flanker.

The one that I wish we took is Bailey Humphrey.
Or Ginbey

wow, there's poor crowds & then there's this...
Not a real shock in Sydney. NRL can draw low numbers on Saturday and there are often sub 10,000 crowds . It took the Swans 25 years to build the support base that has them getting 25,000 to games and a lot of their support base is not from rusted on NRL areas like GWS in Western Sydney.
Has to be taken for what it is. Sydney is not Melbourne. Even the top NRL sides do not fill the grounds week in and week out. 7000 at the Showgrounds which holds 23,000 is similar to 20,000 at Marvel which holds 50,000 .
If they stay the course the Giants will start attracting 15k to 20k which would more than match most NRL games. You can not simply compare their market to ours. Apples and Passionfruit .

Would people still take Phillipou over Tsatas?
It is still only 10 games into season two. Phillipou is playing half forward in a team that is struggling to transition from defense mode to score mode . Way too early to be making any calls. I am not going away from my views yet . He is struggling but so is the whole side. He was good in the VFL last week with 20 touches 5 marks 9 tackles and 5 clearances . Maybe the mistake was bringing him back into the seniors too quick. Should have been given a few more weeks in the VFL to build.

Hogan with three of GWS's 4 goals to half time. Bevo should send Naughton to him.
ant555, hindsight is great.
Dogs backline tightened up as the game went on and Naughton still played a role higher up the ground, collecting 20 disposals - 9 contested, and 6 marks, supporting the defenders to do their job and creating space for JUH and Darcy. WB can progress with Naughton not being a presence in the forwardline.
Dogs still win without his 1.2.

The premise remains. I still think he can play back.

Max King is moving into over rated territory. Send him back to the VFL to get a kick because right now he looks disinterested

ant555, hindsight is great.
Dogs backline tightened up as the game went on and Naughton still played a role higher up the ground, collecting 20 disposals - 9 contested, and 6 marks, supporting the defenders to do their job and creating space for JUH and Darcy. WB can progress with Naughton not being a presence in the forwardline.
Dogs still win without his 1.2.

The premise remains. I still think he can play back.
yeah, but Naughton is an elite fwd im told🎣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back