Mod. Notice Nominations please for Allefgib's replacement

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great idea. We would have invaded and destroyed 3 other BF boards within his first 6 months of power.

"Mission Accomplished".

We'd have found proof that Allefgib was a Port Adelaide board plant, and then invaded the Bulldogs, St Kilda and Melbourne boards in response, all the while telling people "you're either with us or against us".

Then we'd have trolled the inhabitants of those boards so that all the reasonable people logged out forever, and left the trolls in charge. Fifteen years of trolling followed.

Finally, when a mod position came up in 2016, it'd end up a contest between a shifty woman who's been on BF forever (jenny61_99 ) and a probably-unhinged megalomaniac with a tendency to grandiose statements (me)*, with the entire board wishing there was a viable third candidate like say Bernie Sanders.

Gee, that's an unsettling parallel the more i think about it.

We'd have found proof that Allefgib was a Port Adelaide board plant, and then invaded the Bulldogs, St Kilda and Melbourne boards in response, all the while telling people "you're either with us or against us".

Then we'd have trolled the inhabitants of those boards so that all the reasonable people logged out forever, and left the trolls in charge. Fifteen years of trolling followed.

Finally, when a mod position came up in 2016, it'd end up a contest between a shifty woman who's been on BF forever (jenny61_99 ) and a probably-unhinged megalomaniac with a tendency to grandiose statements (me)*, with the entire board wishing there was a viable third candidate like say Bernie Sanders.

Gee, that's an unsettling parallel the more i think about it.
1ccbe9034deb1501343440464a87a7bd.jpg

The problem with these threads is: it's pretty hard to express an honest view on candidates suitability (or if one were to think that there was a lack thereof) without it coming across as being a jerk / an attack on them, which I think most would be ill inclined to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a moderator is like being an umpire.

If you can find away of removing all emotion from the conversation, know the rules and then interpreted them and then add your own flair.

If yiu follow the rules, no one can argue. It's when you add your own emotion to the subject, your own integrity gets questioned.

Rules are rules and just implement them. Simple really.

The problem with these threads is: it's pretty hard to express an honest view on candidates suitability (or if one were to think that there was a lack thereof) without it coming across as being a jerk / an attack on them, which I think most would be ill inclined to do.
You make it sound like people are running for President of the United States for goodness sake. It's a MOD position as part of a team - not the sole overseer - to help the board run smoothly by helping threads stay on track, keep a watch over deliberate trolling etc. Also pretty sure that Mods are on probation for a while before they get the final approval. I think most people in here are more than capable and mature enough to make reasoned decisions and responses. I also can't believe that you have such serious misgivings about anyone who has nominated or been nominated that you have to discuss these in private. If you've got a problem, just say it. We are all adults.

You make it sound like people are running for President of the United States for goodness sake. It's a MOD position as part of a team - not the sole overseer - to help the board run smoothly by helping threads stay on track, keep a watch over deliberate trolling etc. Also pretty sure that Mods are on probation for a while before they get the final approval. I think most people in here are more than capable and mature enough to make reasoned decisions and responses. I also can't believe that you have such serious misgivings about anyone who has nominated or been nominated that you have to discuss these in private. If you've got a problem, just say it. We are all adults.

Maybe the said candidates should have to write a 5000 word application with full on Harvard referencing?

Some things speak for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back