Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 115 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 309 72.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looseballs are a finite source. Young Nicholas hasn't yet acquired complete mastery of the groundball contest. One must learn the craft of the hardball to become a true groundball samurai. With time, Daicos-san shall develop the skillset required. Sensai Walsh could give him some pointers.

We wait with anticipation.

Last edited:

They are only a joke because the rankings system doesn't suit your narrative, once again showing you are far too biased towards the team you support. If Daicos wasn't wearing a Collingwood jumper, you'd no doubt be mentioning his Disposal Use/Efficiency, which I remind you again, it was 59%

Being biased towards a team one supports is admirable but sometimes it goes too far.
1716192746128.png
Guess who has a different opinion to you? Both AFL coaches unanimously agree on the best player on the ground.

View attachment 1995186
Guess who has a different opinion to you? Both AFL coaches unanimously agree on the best player on the ground.
Anyone with any knowledge of football looks at AFL Player Ratings and knows the algorithm is fundamentally flawed.

Which makes it even funnier when nuffies use it in an attempt to support an argument on BigFooty.

View attachment 1995186

I didn't think he was the most impactful player either, to me Pendlebury was the standout

What I find funny though, when Goatie hasn't received the top votes, the commentary has been "but we know the umpires see it differently"

Building well into the season

Anyone with any knowledge of football looks at AFL Player Ratings and knows the algorithm is fundamentally flawed.

Which makes it even funnier when nuffies use it in an attempt to support an argument on BigFooty.
Yeh, if you want an effective disposal all you need to do is bomb it 50m to a contest or be a Matt Crouch style midfielder that just handballs it to the player next to him. Nick goes for the most damaging option that entails a higher degree of difficulty, sometimes they arent going to come off and nuffies are going to go derp my effective disposal.

Looseballs are a finite source. Young Nicholas hasn't yet acquired complete mastery of the groundball contest. One must learn the craft of the hardball to become a true groundball samurai. With time, Daicos-san shall develop the skillset required. Sensai Walsh could give him some pointers.

We wait with anticipation.
And just like that, your limited credibility goes out the window.
When you typed it, I am sure you sat back with your school friends and laughed.
Look mummy, I made a funny. 👏

Being a WC nuffie, I will forgive your obvious limitations and lack of knowledge.

Yeh, if you want an effective disposal all you need to do is bomb it 50m to a contest or be a Matt Crouch style midfielder that just handballs it to the player next to him. Nick goes for the most damaging option that entails a higher degree of difficulty, sometimes they arent going to come off and nuffies are going to go derp my effective disposal.

Champion data suck.

The reason they gave for Merrett being 70th best player in the comp was his ball usage.

Same as you above, he cops it for not taking the safe option.

Gonna be good fun in a couple of seasons with Harley and Naicos at the G. Looking forward to it once Harley can run out a full game allegedly and has a couple of pre-seasons and at least 30 games under his belt. Good times ahead for both clubs. Honourable mention to JHF for the Norf fans.
So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

Gonna be good fun in a couple of seasons with Harley and Naicos at the G. Looking forward to it once Harley can run out a full game allegedly and has a couple of pre-seasons and at least 30 games under his belt. Good times ahead for both clubs. Honourable mention to JHF for the Norf fans.
So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC
Hearing Harley wants to be a Pie.
Wants big crowds and MCG action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wish!!! But seriously that would be quite the combo. Maybe we need state of origin back. Big V would be going alright with that combo.
It's actually something I've heard.
Harley did say before the draft, "my wish is to be recruited by Collingwood".
Not making this up mate.

Wowee.

Imagine Harley on ANZAC Day, King's Birthday, 90K crowds when playing against Essendon, Carlton, Richmond and Geelong, and guaranteed to play in a Grand Final once every three years?
Would love to see a Daicos led Collingwood and a Harley led West Coast playing for all the marbles at the G in a 2018 rematch. Juicy.

Yeah I heard that too. We will be doing everything in our power to not lose him. Whatever it takes.
100% I believe that. Just reporting what I hear.

Last bloke to pull this sort of stunt at the Pies was Nathan Buckley. Wanted to get to Collingwood by any means possible.

Not saying it's set in stone.
Just what a few people are saying who I trust. Probably a higher than 50% chance.

100% I believe that. Just reporting what I hear.

Last bloke to pull this sort of stunt at the Pies was Nathan Buckley. Wanted to get to Collingwood by any means possible.

Not saying it's set in stone.
Just what a few people are saying who I trust. Probably a higher than 50% chance.
Unless you crash to the bottom of the ladder you don't have the capital to get anywhere near a acceptable trade. Took a major failure off field to lose Judd. I am hoping to quote a few of these when he gets to 100 and 200 games. Gonna be great for both fan bases watching Naicos and Harley grow. Good times for both fan bases.

Unless you crash to the bottom of the ladder you don't have the capital to get anywhere near a acceptable trade. Took a major failure off field to lose Judd. I am hoping to quote a few of these when he gets to 100 and 200 games. Gonna be great for both fan bases watching Naicos and Harley grow. Good times for both fan bases.
Players always get to the club that they want to play for.
Dunno what is actually going on his head though.
Good time for both fan bases if he chooses to stay. As you say.

Nick is better 🤣

According to Champion Data (on SEN today) Daicos was the 21st best player on the ground last week. He got a tonne of the ball but had little to no impact with it.

Surely your own eyes, the coaches votes (perfect 10) or even looking at other points of data (7 SIs, 14 clearances for basic impact) would allow you to see his game for what it really was instead of 21st best on ground?

I can understand that the amount of people trying to nitpick holes in a 21yo’s game is a direct response to the amount of hype the media has put on him, but at some point you have to use your own brain to see it objectively.

A very young player that is one of the cleanest in the entire league and that regularly takes highly attacking and highly impactful options has one game where he’s less clean but instead does a tremendous inside mid job? That’s not an issue, that’s progress.

Wonder what people will try to argue against him in a few years when he’s rounded out his game. Maybe the lack of speccies or the colour of his boots.

Back