NHL trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 28, 2000
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
ok, so what does everyone think has been the biggest off season trade so far?

theres been heaps of big deals done this year with a lot of the teams in the east doing most of the improving.

as stated in another thread, lindros has gone to the rangers, whilist the islanders have traded for yashin and peca. a couple of great pickups there and should help improve the side by a long way.

personally i believe the biggest trade of all was the trading of jagr to the capitals by pittsburgh. the capitals traded Kris Beech, Ross Lupaschuk and Michal Sivek, plus future considerations for him.

just about the greatest player playing at the moment, jagr had a poor playoffs and well, he wanted out a long time before the trade was made.

but anyway,whats everyone elses opinion?

The Jagr trade was a big one, but where is his supporting cast? The Caps are a defensive minded team and Jagr will not have anywhere near the support offensively that he had in Pittsburgh.

The trade of the season is Hasek to Detroit. Detroit have put all their eggs in one basket this season. Hasek (best goalie in the NHL) will shore up the perrenial problems in goal and Luc Robittaile will add more depth to their scoring. The big problem is that these guys are old and will probably only be around for a couple of seasons at most. As a Wings fan, I'm a bit worried about this becasue if we don't win the cup soon, our rebuilding will mean a few lean years in 'Hockey Town'.

Another BIG trade overnight. Brett Hull has been signed by Detroit.
As I said earlier, it's all or nothing for my boys this season. Our forward set up is looking pretty awesome, well for one or two seasons anyway.

More trades as they happen.

damn

yeah, i just read about that one a few minutes ago......

there was talk about him coming to play for the pens as he apparently wanted to play with lemieux, if only that had of happened......oh well, another top pick up for the red wings

but at least we re-signed lemieux today lol:D :D :D :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back