NHL 2016 Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my favourite movies. I could watch that every week.

I think I did just that during the 80s. Slap Shot was a constant at almost every birthday party. Everyone used to be able to recite most of the movie word by word. Whenever friends and I went to the shops for a drink it was, "Gimme a grape or an orange and none of that stinkin' root beer!"

Best sports movie of all time!

Bednar was named as the new Avs head coach a few days ago. Seems to be a good appointment on first appearances, and is at least saying all the right things so far. Will be interesting to see if the Avs get the same first year jump that they did with Sacco and Roy.

Definitely want to go watch the new Vegas franchise in their first year. I hope I get over their.

Yeah, they definitely deserve it over Quebec City...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm going to a pre-season game in Vancouver next week (Canuks vs Oilers) at Rogers stadium. Anyone recommend a pub/ food experience at the stadium that I shouldn't miss?

i'm going to a pre-season game in Vancouver next week (Canuks vs Oilers) at Rogers stadium. Anyone recommend a pub/ food experience at the stadium that I shouldn't miss?
From memory, it's standard stadium food and drink. Aka expensive. I'd go drinking elsewhere before and after. Can't remember the name but it's Vancouver's party street.

Man that takes me back! Samesun was the first hostel I stayed in when I came to Canada. Great spot.
Day I rocked up it was about 2pm, checked in and went to the bar and some Aussies were watching the Cricket that was on, so I sat with them.. ended up getting smashed that night with them, then the next night we had the ice hockey and we all went to that and got smashed after. Good times.

http://www.hockeystats.ca

is the best for actual game stats, but the archive is a pain to navigate and it doesn't do tables or anything like that

War On Ice was the best but they've been hired by teams so that's gone down.
http://www.corsica.hockey/teams/ seems like the new go to, but I don't like the layout too much so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back