New highway to and from Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

hoody

Senior List
May 13, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Is it true that everyday fan in the outer, Steve Bracks, has insisted the new, widened highway be completed quick smart to be able to accommodate the gigantic bandwagon that is surely lumbering toward September at the G ???

Hope the wheels are on securely. Hope also it does not go via the Huge and Magnificent By-pass coz it won't be finished till 2020 I reckon.

Hope the wheels are on securely. Hope also it does not go via the Huge and Magnificent By-pass coz it won't be finished till 2020 I reckon.

Have they figured out where that bypass is gonna go?:eek: Bro in law told me when I was down there in January that it all ground to a halt.

Have they figured out where that bypass is gonna go?:eek: Bro in law told me when I was down there in January that it all ground to a halt.
No - it is in progress (slow) - someone from the By-pass Group should go to China and watch them build something like this in a few weeks - not bloody years!. Stage 1 just takes traffic from Corio round to Fyansford as far as I know - most people have never heard of Fyansford - will have almost no effect on the summer taffic snarls as thousands of cars try to get through the 30 traffic lights on their way to the coast. It should go right around Geelong to take Queenscliff traffic but, as usual, it is crippled by in-fighting andf politics - and will be out of date by the time it'd finished. bloody mess - unlike our footy club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back