Nepean FNL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went down and watched Devon Meadows v Frankston bombers on the weekend.
Devon Meadows looked a class above and won convincingly.
Whats everyones thoughts on the meadows at the moment?
Being a former panther i usually check out their results week to week, and they have started slowly losing first 3, but bounced back on the weekend.

Where do they sit in the whole scheme of Nepean? Finals bound?

It's hard to tell where meadows sit. With the season only 4 games old we won't really know till they have played everyone at least once. Beaten by tyabb, red hill and torched by Rye then come out and smash bombers.. Maybe they needed time to settle who knows.
Anything between 3-6 wins for the meadows this year would be a massive improvement for them considering they only won one last year.

I saw Meadows play Rye a couple of weeks ago. Even though Rye smacked them, Meadows had 2 reasonable quarters. I think they were in front at 1/4 time. That didn't really happen last season.

Meadows are coming from a long way back and hopefully they can take small steps to get really competitive.

The changing on leagues is a positive now they are playing against towns of similar size. Getting back on Glover. I know they have pushed hard for members this season.

Does anyone know a player by the name of Mitch Cook, his brother Ryan play half a dozen games for Collingwood ,Mitch last played for Dramana around 2008/2009.
If so how do you rate him?

sporrento will still be the one to beat picked up a couple of guns from knox.rosebud with nick jewell now coaching to be the big improver.bombers have damien adkins ex collingwood and west coast on board however have lost there full forward who has returned back to ycw.big loss for pearcedale with chris fortnam having a year off and maybe full retirement but have a couple returning from overseas.

Bumped into a bloke I've known for years who is involved with Devon and said they are going ok. Numbers on the track have been really good and recruiting wise they were all done by December last year. He stop short on giving me names but said they had added two top line midfielders, one of which is the new ass coach, a key forward who played 120 senior games for noble, another medium size forward. Second year in the comp for them so it will be interesting to see how they go.

steven baker from st kilda to play for sorrento.had to laugh at the president who said that hes not playing for money.yeah right.trying to buy themeselves another flag.

Bumped into a bloke I've known for years who is involved with Devon and said they are going ok. Numbers on the track have been really good and recruiting wise they were all done by December last year. He stop short on giving me names but said they had added two top line midfielders, one of which is the new arse coach, a key forward who played 120 senior games for noble, another medium size forward. Second year in the comp for them so it will be interesting to see how they go.

Meadows have signed Chris Doria from Tyabb. he would be one of the midfielders

justin van unen from rye has left for vermont.chris fortnam now going around again at pearcedale but damian mc cormack to retire.

steven baker from st kilda to play for sorrento.had to laugh at the president who said that hes not playing for money.yeah right.trying to buy themeselves another flag.

Hope they didnt pay him anything up front.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...anned-from-footy-for-life-20130327-2gtt8.html

Former St Kilda tagger Steven Baker has been banned from all forms of football for the rest of his life after being found guilty for his part in an incident that left an opponent with a broken jaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn’t even get himself past the first practice match without breaking someone’s jaw… Nathan Brown on Triple M last night was saying he should been banned for life many years ago for the things he did and got away with for so long on the footy field.

Yeah its certainly not looking good for Sorrento at the moment, they’ve either lost a tonne of money on a guy who will never play for them or will spend a fortune in lawyer fees to get him cleared.

Word coming out of the SFL is that a former coach in that league, who took up a coaching job this year down the peninsula, is no longer coaching as of last Thursday. All clues are pointing to Nick Jewell??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back