Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Emerging ruckman Ned Moyle out of contract at seasons end and contract talks now on hold.

Stuck behind big Wittsy, and Dimma doesn’t appear keen to play 2 rucks, even though he recently gave a debut to unicorn ruck/fwd Ethan Read.

Reported 6 clubs were chasing him last year, and I think that number will only increase this year.

Where does he end up & what’s he worth?

Could go to Freo ;)

He probably sees with Ethan Read he will become 3rd choice ruck so probably best to find a place to be 2nd choice. Doggies wont be able to monetarily outbid well anyone so id rule them out and say its between Geelong and Richmond.

Id say Richmond will be the frontrunners. With Richmonds issue with tall forwards and the concept that Balta is better off in defense a spot exist in the 22 for him already as someone like Nankervis winds his career down

Will be a decent queue of clubs with interest. Hopefully a target for Collingwood; he knows the club well playing for the VFL side before he was drafted.

Moyle primary ruck with Cameron playing ruck-forward would be lovely to watch in the future.
Yeah, that could work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodwin has at least been open to playing 2 rucks in the past although Gawn and Moyle probably aren't suited to being in the same team.

Still think we'll ask the question.

I dont think either of them has the forward craft to make it work.

I would love him at geelong but i think he is too similar to conway for the pairing to work.
Moyle will be very good though.

I wonder if the dogs would be bold enough as to push english out for band 1 compo (esp if they miss finals) and chase moyle to replace him. I know bevo doesnt rate traditional rucks but if they sack him?

He will want gametime wherever he goes. I wonder if adelaide would look depending on if obrien stays or goes.
Wce would have been the obvious option if flynn hadnt gone there.

I agree the pies could dump cox and put cameron fwd (mihocek is old and they have no other decent kpfs coming through anyway) so could be an option.
If i was st kilda id try and see if he wants to come and support marshall (who is getting banged up without help) but that would require them abandoning heath.

He would be perfect for WCE

from reports WCE over paid to land flynn, so i'd be stunned if they folk out big coin again plus they have 3 young talls on the list atm.

pies are the one i'm tipping. great kid too just love to see him playing afl as he is good enough for sure.

from reports WCE over paid to land flynn, so i'd be stunned if they folk out big coin again plus they have 3 young talls on the list atm.

pies are the one i'm tipping. great kid too just love to see him playing afl as he is good enough for sure.
From reports? Flynn only got GWS a end of 2nd round pick so the concept of overpaying for him doesnt exactly make sense. If we overpaid him something drastic GWS would have gotten a better pick

From reports? Flynn only got GWS a end of 2nd round pick so the concept of overpaying for him doesnt exactly make sense. If we overpaid him something drastic GWS would have gotten a better pick

You are mixing together two distinctly different aspects.

I’m not suggesting they did overpay him in terms of salary, but suggesting they didn’t because they only gave up a 2nd round pick is a fundamentally flawed argument.

Big coin again?

Average salary is $440k. Eagles wouldnt have paid more than $600k max, likely less with Flynn's injury history.

Moyle would be on similar next contract, max $600k pa IMO. You pay a bit more for rucks entering their prime.

If Flynn cant get on the park maybe the Eagles will consider him. They cant let Bailey Williams to carry the ruck.

Collingwood makes sense, its what they do. Poach players off interestate clubs and they admitted the draft was flawed and broken.

Last edited:
I would love him at geelong but i think he is too similar to conway for the pairing to work.
Moyle will be very good though.

I wonder if the dogs would be bold enough as to push english out for band 1 compo (esp if they miss finals) and chase moyle to replace him. I know bevo doesnt rate traditional rucks but if they sack him?

He will want gametime wherever he goes. I wonder if adelaide would look depending on if obrien stays or goes.
Wce would have been the obvious option if flynn hadnt gone there.

I agree the pies could dump cox and put cameron fwd (mihocek is old and they have no other decent kpfs coming through anyway) so could be an option.
If i was st kilda id try and see if he wants to come and support marshall (who is getting banged up without help) but that would require them abandoning heath.

Surely the form of the likes of Pittonett will have a few looking at him...just not sure that will be us now. Conway just looks about to be the must select option. Could the GC pay the Pies back... they have done so well with Witts ... could Moyle see the age of Cox and see a chance there? Does he want to stay north?

Goin alright for a 22yo ruckman…

View attachment 1972994
VFL Ruck of the year last year IIRC, monster finals series too at state league level.
Clubs will line up for him as he's probably the best of the 'gettable' emerging rucks. Especially with Gold Coast picking up Read last year

Emerging ruckman Ned Moyle out of contract at seasons end and contract talks now on hold.

Stuck behind big Wittsy, and Dimma doesn’t appear keen to play 2 rucks, even though he recently gave a debut to unicorn ruck/fwd Ethan Read.

Reported 6 clubs were chasing him last year, and I think that number will only increase this year.

Where does he end up & what’s he worth?

Worth around what Witts was worth in the exact same situation.

Picks 44 and 66

Rucks always move for opportunity particularly where they are promised the number 1 or regular gametime.

He wouldn't cost the world either which would make him a very attractive target. Richmond could probably through one of our later 2nd round picks at him and get it done, maybe a pick in the late 30s.

He'd be the number 1 within 2 seasons and he'd arguably be forcing his way in sooner as number 1 with Nankervis on the gradual decline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back