NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans to end Lions season
Suns
Vultures to end Aspleys season
NT
Panthers by a point.Toss of coin.Panthers season finished as bad %age if they lose.Tipped them as at home.
Broadbeach in a close one.Can't tip Sharks as they have no scoring power

Bris Lions Res v Syd Swans Res
GWS Giants v GC Suns Res
Aspley v Mt Gravatt
Redland v NT Thunder at TIO stadium
Southport v Broadbeach
Morningside v Labrador

Suns
NT
Panthers by a point.Toss of coin.Panthers season finished as bad %age if they lose.Tipped them as at home.

Kidding yourself if you think seasons over if these teams lose with the closeness of teams 2-9.Will make it hard but not over by long stretch

Bris Lions Res v Syd Swans Res (Swannies easy)
GWS Giants v GC Suns Res (Foloua to keep kicking goals - go Izzy)
Aspley v Mt Gravatt (real danger game...)
Redland v NT Thunder (was it really worth selling a game to give up a real chance of a win?)
Southport v Broadbeach (could be danger game as well)
Morningside v Labrador (should win at home)

Bris Lions Res v Syd Swans Res
GWS Giants v GC Suns Res
Aspley v Mt Gravatt
Redlandv NT Thunder at TIO stadium
Southport v Broadbeach
Morningsidev Labrador

several could go either way.

At the formation of the nEAFL expansion was talked about and cairns was a possible team that was thought about. I reckon it would be great, it is a surprisingly strong aussie rules area and worthy of a team. Does anyone think it will happen and when??

At the formation of the nEAFL expansion was talked about and cairns was a possible team that was thought about. I reckon it would be great, it is a surprisingly strong aussie rules area and worthy of a team. Does anyone think it will happen and when??

There is no doubt further rationalisation is planned and Cairns is part of that.The only current clubs that are not under pressure are the AFL reserves sides and bottom of the ladder Southport, all others have work to do to prove their worth going forward.

Suns
NT

Stamiinade you are the goose of footy forum. You continue to try and rib the Aspley club and continue to get wrong. We done Hornets:D:D:D

I don't no to much about representating Qld in state footy but has their been a father son representing Qld.I assume Gary Toye a grogan medalist would have been selected for Qld and after watching his son Reece yest from Aspley,who is in state squad would have greatly enhanced his chances to make final team.He is my early tip for the grogan.

Who will be the 1st club to beat NT?

Well...the results over the weekend have shown that any side can beat any side - with NT the clear exception.

Aspley over the Vultures (thought the umpires were atrocious but not the difference)
Suns & Lions losing to interstate teams
Southport lifted for the local clash
NT put Redland back into the box
Mornsingside touching up the Tigers (watched the game - Tigers were awful!)

From 2 - 8 on the ladder its 5-4 or 5-4

Reckon the crossovers may hurt Suns & lions throughout the year and open things up for the local Clubs.

Mentioned umpires earlier and all credit to them for the job they do...but..there is a massive inconsistencty from week to week on interpretations. 1 week we see a group of umpires who are massive on holding the ball (incorrect disposal) and the next week they seem to let things flow to the extent that you wouldnt think the rule exists.

Whatever the interpretation is, I just wish it was a uniformed policy and that all umpires abided by it, because at the moment it is farcial based on who you get....all we want is consistency. Right now, its confusing on the players and spectators!

I don't no to much about representating Qld in state footy but has their been a father son representing Qld.I assume Gary Toye a grogan medalist would have been selected for Qld and after watching his son Reece yest from Aspley,who is in state squad would have greatly enhanced his chances to make final team.He is my early tip for the grogan.

Who will be the 1st club to beat NT?

Chikka,:confused::confused::confused::footy:

In answer to your question above, IMHO you would have to back the Hornets to do the job know one else but a WA team has been able to do this season - they (The Hornets) played them in game 1 and lost by 50 odd points in Darwin, since then they have beaten last years grand finalists in the Sidders and Tigers along with the current second team (Mt Gravatt) on the ladder, (I did not see the game but from all reports X Vulture Thomson without a P did not have much of a problem running them ragged along with all 22 of his mates as so I am lead to believe).

Depending on the odds given - a $$$$$ bet on them in Alice (with the appropiate bookmaker) may well nett a tidy little win all going to the form so far this year, Thunderdoc - I suppose it all depends on who you tip in this case!!!!

Rnd 10 results

staminade 3 (32)
pointer 3 (31)
maurie 4 (31)
stuyd 2 (30)
2010premier 3 (30)
Lifes a Beach 2 (28)
Chikka ferguson 3 (28)
Morphous 3 (28)
Footyfanatic1 1 (27)
BigE 1 (26)
Speedyunit 5 (26)
Thunderdoc 4 (22)

In answer to your question above, IMHO you would have to back the Hornets to do the job know one else but a WA team has been able to do this season - they (The Hornets) played them in game 1 and lost by 50 odd points in Darwin, since then they have beaten last years grand finalists in the Sidders and Tigers along with the current second team (Mt Gravatt) on the ladder, (I did not see the game but from all reports X Vulture Thomson without a P did not have much of a problem running them ragged along with all 22 of his mates as so I am lead to believe).

Depending on the odds given - a $$$$$ bet on them in Alice (with the appropiate bookmaker) may well nett a tidy little win all going to the form so far this year, Thunderdoc - I suppose it all depends on who you tip in this case!!!!

Snorkle

I would draw attention to my recent form in tipping (4 for this weekend just gone ! my personal best and 3 to 4 more than I usually tip)
I will put my tip in very early for the Hornets v Thunder at Alice and tip Aspley!! That should shorten the odds for Thunder .

Danger games coming up for Thunder are

- Morningside at Morningside (how will they cope with visitors room and the famous urinal ! - not even Wanderers' room can match that)
- both games against GWS esp the trip to Blacktown
- GC Suns in Cairns at 10 am !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well...the results over the weekend have shown that any side can beat any side - with NT the clear exception.

Aspley over the Vultures (thought the umpires were atrocious but not the difference)
Suns & Lions losing to interstate teams
Southport lifted for the local clash
NT put Redland back into the box
Mornsingside touching up the Tigers (watched the game - Tigers were awful!)

From 2 - 8 on the ladder its 5-4 or 5-4

Reckon the crossovers may hurt Suns & lions throughout the year and open things up for the local Clubs.

Mentioned umpires earlier and all credit to them for the job they do...but..there is a massive inconsistencty from week to week on interpretations. 1 week we see a group of umpires who are massive on holding the ball (incorrect disposal) and the next week they seem to let things flow to the extent that you wouldnt think the rule exists.

Whatever the interpretation is, I just wish it was a uniformed policy and that all umpires abided by it, because at the moment it is farcial based on who you get....all we want is consistency. Right now, its confusing on the players and spectators!

Has anyoneone else noticed the coach of the vultures doesnt do any media or website interviews if they lose? normally a player or in the old days russ harding did them.... but if they win he does them 90% of the time just an observation.....

wasn't inside aspley's club after the game either. Nifty Miller was there to present the EIS/Explosive Sportswear Cup to Copeland. Bit ordinary, considering it is lake's company that is part of the trophies inception?

wasn't inside aspley's club after the game either. Nifty Miller was there to present the EIS/Explosive Sportswear Cup to Copeland. Bit ordinary, considering it is lake's company that is part of the trophies inception?

Was at two games on the weekend and think i saw two genuine contenders. First was moriningside and the other Aspley.

It was the first time this year morningside have got it right and this was reflected in the score at the end of the game. It was about time we saw Bonney through the middle (not sure if his been injured, but playing forward the last couple of weeks has hurt the side). They look alot more dangerous with Shelton and Bonney on the pill and kinch just floating of the pack, Just need a big man now and they will be right there.

Aspley's win was full of merit. Considering they still have brittian, stavenoughter (Hard to spell), Teale No 1 tagger in the comp and shir only played a quarter. Was a finals game of footy. Toye and copeland was solid once again but it was the ability of there lessor players who stood up showing there is some depth there.

Copeland not to play state game also was a talking point! any other form NT pulled the pin thunderdoc....

Was at two games on the weekend and think i saw two genuine contenders. First was moriningside and the other Aspley.

It was the first time this year morningside have got it right and this was reflected in the score at the end of the game. It was about time we saw Bonney through the middle (not sure if his been injured, but playing forward the last couple of weeks has hurt the side). They look alot more dangerous with Shelton and Bonney on the pill and kinch just floating of the pack, Just need a big man now and they will be right there.

Aspley's win was full of merit. Considering they still have brittian, stavenoughter (Hard to spell), Teale No 1 tagger in the comp and shir only played a quarter. Was a finals game of footy. Toye and copeland was solid once again but it was the ability of there lessor players who stood up showing there is some depth there.

Copeland not to play state game also was a talking point! any other form NT pulled the pin thunderdoc....

Word in the bar yest at Morningside was the return of Gough,Rogers,Holman.Rogers towards end of season when fit.Noticed 2 time premiership players Rootsey and Lawler played 2s yest.Some big ins.They were very impressive but they made Labrador slow.

Word in the bar yest at Morningside was the return of Gough,Rogers,Holman.Rogers towards end of season when fit.Noticed 2 time premiership players Rootsey and Lawler played 2s yest.Some big ins.They were very impressive but they made Labrador slow.

Kidding yourself once again.Gough has retired and is very happy to stay that way.He is enjoying himself in the Panthers corporate area at Esplen Oval on match day.Rogers will not be back til next year.

I love when blokes drop the "I wasnt at the game... " line, when I reckon they more than likely were...

I love when blokes drop the "I wasnt at the game... " line, when I reckon they more than likely were...

Love it all you like Sweetie, the only game I was at on the weekend was Morningside v Labrador and from what I saw most of the Tiger supporters would have been very disappointed with their sides last qrt effort, it was truley an old fashion cakewalk - some might say if the rumblings already posted on this site are true the Sidders might just give the great JB a super start to the decade and a nightmere to all of the other coaches on how to beat them - this season's premiership is a long way from decided, I conceed that the Thunder look the goods at the moment but there a few upsets to come me thinks before the cup is held up by the eventual victors whoever they may be.

Re: NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011

Not yet. Finals are more than long gone but still have a chance to get off the bottom.

Well I take this back. What a crazy season this has been. Any ladder prediction right now would be beyond trivial.

Well I take this back. What a crazy season this has been. Any ladder prediction right now would be beyond trivial.[/

My trivial final 5 ladder prediction:

NT (courageous I know)
Morningside
Redlands
Mt Gravatt
Aspley

Suns to fade as afl crossover games take hold and they start resting players
Tigers to fall away based on Sundays effort
Cats lack the depth although they could still sneak in if all their guns stay fit
Sharks might make a charge but their coming from a long way back
Lions just off it with too many season ending injuries

Before anyone gets too critical, have a go at your own top 5...

Well I take this back. What a crazy season this has been. Any ladder prediction right now would be beyond trivial.[/

My trivial final 5 ladder prediction:

NT (courageous I know)
Morningside
Redlands
Mt Gravatt
Aspley

Suns to fade as afl crossover games take hold and they start resting players
Tigers to fall away based on Sundays effort
Cats lack the depth although they could still sneak in if all their guns stay fit
Sharks might make a charge but their coming from a long way back
Lions just off it with too many season ending injuries

Before anyone gets too critical, have a go at your own top 5...

Nt
Redland
Morningside
Vultures
Sharks
Suns
Aspley
cats
Lions
Tigers

this is only regular season predictions finals will be different, whoever finishes bottom 2 will be unlucky because they had probably had reasonable years....

Kidding yourself once again.Gough has retired and is very happy to stay that way.He is enjoying himself in the Panthers corporate area at Esplen Oval on match day.Rogers will not be back til next year.

Chikka will Rodgers make the team once fit? i see Caleb Brown and Price are going well (been named in the best players) in the key posts....

Nt
Redland
Morningside
Vultures
Sharks
Suns
Aspley
cats
Lions
Tigers

this is only regular season predictions finals will be different, whoever finishes bottom 2 will be unlucky because they had probably had reasonable years....

Speedy Unit

I think you may be close to the money. Those who dismiss Southport may be very surprised. Suns will be impossible to predict - they may not rest their younger brigade as season progresses. Have 1 game against Swans and one more against GWS but these are at home I think, they play Thunder in Cairns which I believe they will win.

this is coming from someone who is running a distant last in the tipping comp !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back