NEAFL - Eastern Conference 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Syd hills went down by about 40...
The magpies just had abit more class about them, especially when it came the hitting targets.. But I think Syd hills will surprise alot of ppl in their first year I suspect they won't be the easy beats of the comp.

The game was played on Sunday at Bruce Purser Oval. Conditions were very hot with a decent wind blowing straight down the ground. Sydney Hills had the aid of the breeze in the first quarter and jumped out of the box kicking five goals to one in the first quarter and looked good. However after the first Belconnen took control of the game and ended up winning by 47 points. Fitness was the big difference as Sydney dropped right of the pace after the first quarter and will need to improve that in a big way if they are to compete with Ainslie and Eastlake who are the benchmark Canberra sides. I don't know if Sydney were missing many players as I know Belco were missing a few of their best and Lokan only played the first half. Sydney Hills have a good set up at Bruce Purser, the oval was in great condition considering all the rain and that the NAB cup game was played on Sat night.

The game was played on Sunday at Bruce Purser Oval. Conditions were very hot with a decent wind blowing straight down the ground. Sydney Hills had the aid of the breeze in the first quarter and jumped out of the box kicking five goals to one in the first quarter and looked good. However after the first Belconnen took control of the game and ended up winning by 47 points. Fitness was the big difference as Sydney dropped right of the pace after the first quarter and will need to improve that in a big way if they are to compete with Ainslie and Eastlake who are the benchmark Canberra sides. I don't know if Sydney were missing many players as I know Belco were missing a few of their best and Lokan only played the first half. Sydney Hills have a good set up at Bruce Purser, the oval was in great condition considering all the rain and that the NAB cup game was played on Sat night.

I know they've been training 3 nights a week and a weekend day as well, 14km runs and the like. Looks like it hasn't done much for them if fitness was the defining factor. Not sure if they were at strength though.

I know they've been training 3 nights a week and a weekend day as well, 14km runs and the like. Looks like it hasn't done much for them if fitness was the defining factor. Not sure if they were at strength though.

Hey Pekay,

you seem to know a lot about the Eagles. Are you involved with the club? were you at the game on Sunday?

I'm sure the posters on here would like to have an official person from the new boys of the competition to ask questions to. Are you that guy?

I was at the Syd hills trial and IMO fitness wasn't a massive problem for them..things I noticed was that they got a little bit lost coming out of defense..were unable to hit easy targets by foot or hand and belco killed them on the turnover..and just generally took the wrong option...where as belco hit targets, and took the right option...

Hey Pekay,

you seem to know a lot about the Eagles. Are you involved with the club? were you at the game on Sunday?

I'm sure the posters on here would like to have an official person from the new boys of the competition to ask questions to. Are you that guy?

No mate, I played there (Baulkham Hills anyway) back in the 90s and know a lot of the boys down there, on and off field. I coach the mob up Windsor Rd from there.

From the mail I got, they were doing some massive road runs through summer. I always thought long runs taught you to run slow, personally. They've recruited well, but I reckon the step up will be too much.

That's an outsider opinion however, they are a competitive bunch down there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HA HA. Nice.
Well a week away and a nasty rumour that you are training and possibly playing with the Hoggies, ABH.
Would you care to squash and/or confirm this rumour?:D

Its not a "nasty" rumour O4TR, its true that I have trained with the Hogs.
All be it only twice.

Have enjoyed being amongst it again and nice to see so many familiar faces out there.

They are looking pretty good from what I have seen.

As for playing, well thats is still up in the air, I have made no commitment at this stage.

Nice to see you back ABH :thumbsu:

Cheers SC

Good hit out between Belco and Tuggers on Saturday with Belco getting over the line. Looks like both teams have improved alot from last year.

Good to see some strong performances from some of the younger Maggies.

Any other matches over the weekend?

Good hit out between Belco and Tuggers on Saturday with Belco getting over the line. Looks like both teams have improved alot from last year.

Ainslie had an intra club on Saturday.

It doesn't look like they have lost anything from last year after Shirley, Hughes and Holmes left. No doubt they will be missed, however the new recruits certainly showed why they were signed and are more than capable. There was still a few of the regulars missing.

Unfortunately couldn't make it to the tuggers v belco match, norwest wondering which of the younger boys stood out?

Also St Oxley who was missing from the two teams? And whats your thoughts on who'll come out on top in actual season if you don't mind me asking your opinion?

Unfortunately couldn't make it to the tuggers v belco match, norwest wondering which of the younger boys stood out?

Also St Oxley who was missing from the two teams? And whats your thoughts on who'll come out on top in actual season if you don't mind me asking your opinion?

Nick Collins had a good game. Both harper boys played well. Spteve Meikle showed some promising glimpses also. Amongst others.

Eastlake won by 8 against Albury, standouts young Liam Flaherty kicking 4 goals, Sunny day no wind both teams inaccurate infront of goal. Hayden Armstrong playing majority of game in the ruck.... another young gun matt laing playing off half back would be content with his game...

Whats your role ? You seem to be a the opening of an envelope at Belco yet claim you are just an innocent supporter of local footy ??
Did Dragecivic play for Tuggies ? Did they have any other new faces ?

Eastlake news is quiet on here .... any updates on their new faces and progress ?

Hardly there at the opening of an envelope... Never claimed to be innocent either. Just calling what I see.

Looking forward to the season kicking off. Will be good to see where all the teams are at. A good challenge for our boys against what will no doubt be a strong Ainslie outfit.

ACT u23's side named today to take on UWS giants on Saturday. Good spread between the teams, eastlake the stand out with 6. Team looks a good chance for the game!

Round 1 this weekend and exciting times for the NEAFL. Good to see the ACT U23 side get up on Saturday, some good young talent going around.

My tips for this weekend.

UWS v Swans - Swans to win easily. 10+ goals. McNeil to dominate after a big pre season

Ainslie v Belco - I think this will be closer than most people think. Ainslie to win by 6 goals. Interesting to see how Ainslie's list is looking, few injuries? Lokan to kick a bag in a losing side.

Syd Hills v Syd Uni - I think Sydney Hills are clearly the pick of the 2 new Sydney teams and will win by 5 goals. If Tungatalum plays he could be the first player to kick 10 in a match for the year.

Tuggers v QBN - Would like to see Tuggers get up but I think QBN have recruited too well and will win by about 20 points. Match of the round I think. If Tuggers let the likes of Klemke and Joliffe sit behind the footy they will tear them apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back