dee-molishon

All Australian
Sep 29, 2007
geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
sonics, storm
While we are on the international front any posters follow the nba?
My favourite sport outside the afl, cant stand the nbl but have always loved the nba from the old days when bill woods and steve carfino used to give us the nba game of the week and nba action. Getting foxtel on tuesday so i cant wait to have espn and see some nba at my place rather than my friends!!
Im a seattle sonics supporter have been since i was about 12 when i first saw shawn kemp, then i loved the glove and now im all about kevin durrant the boy will be a star!!

I'm a fairweather Boston supporter. It's hard to get into it when you don't have pay TV but I always look up on the net to see how they're going. So cool we got KG! But the thing that irrits me about basketball is how often the lists change...It doesn't seem as though there's a whole lot of loyalty in the sport if you ask me

I'm a fairweather Boston supporter. It's hard to get into it when you don't have pay TV but I always look up on the net to see how they're going. So cool we got KG! But the thing that irrits me about basketball is how often the lists change...It doesn't seem as though there's a whole lot of loyalty in the sport if you ask me

Ur right captain...........no loyalty at all in the nba. Not really the players fault though sometimes it is. Teams trade just as much as players leave through free agency. The thing with the nba u have to remember is that they have the biggest trade window/period in the universe. Runs from august through to febuary, imagine how many more trades the afl would have made if we had that rather than just one week. The other good thing about it is u can go from having a crap team then all of a sudden have a great one if the owner decides to go above the salary cap.

Yea celts will be good this year if they can keep kg, pierce and my former man who was traded to u ray allen on the floor.

i just got involved this year, got asked to join a couple of NBA fantasy games, which i thought were pretty cool, with the live draft thing and everything (except the draft kept mucking up so i was stuck on the damn thing for over hours)

And the other AI will tear it for you guys this year.

Yea andre iggy is great to watch!! Allen Iverson i cant stand, as for kyle "ashton kutcher" korver, hes just a white version of chuck person, launches 3's and that is the end of his skills

Yea andre iggy is great to watch!! Allen Iverson i cant stand, as for kyle "ashton kutcher" korver, hes just a white version of chuck person, launches 3's and that is the end of his skills

yeah in all honesty its gonna be a very average year for us. would be very impressive if we made the playoffs in the east which means we'd need around 50%.

i follow the nba, always watch the games on fox sports and espn, but don't really have a team. Orlando is probably my favourite, but i have about 8 teams who i like and the rest i don't really care about. I'm gonna pick one before the season starts

i follow the nba, always watch the games on fox sports and espn, but don't really have a team. Orlando is probably my favourite, but i have about 8 teams who i like and the rest i don't really care about. I'm gonna pick one before the season starts

u got 10 days to pick one then.
Bulls i think are a sneaky chance for the title this year if tyrus thomas comes on as i think he will, ty thomas is going to be a star!!! anyone else get a look at him yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go for the Bucks, they should be getting a stack of TV games from here on in with Bogut and Yi playing for them.

Go for the Bucks, they should be getting a stack of TV games from here on in with Bogut and Yi playing for them.

Hmmm not sure, durant and oden would have already have been locked in for heaps this year as they had the hype on them.
As for andrew bogut, he will never be a nba star and i said that before he was drafted, just a smart player but will never be elite.
Gee milwaukee and atlanta must be kicking themselves drafting bogut and marvin williams, followed in the draft by deron williams and chris paul!!! ouch!!! Those guys will be two of the best point guards in quite sometime

Hmmm not sure, durant and oden would have already have been locked in for heaps this year as they had the hype on them.
As for andrew bogut, he will never be a nba star and i said that before he was drafted, just a smart player but will never be elite.
Gee milwaukee and atlanta must be kicking themselves drafting bogut and marvin williams, followed in the draft by deron williams and chris paul!!! ouch!!! Those guys will be two of the best point guards in quite sometime

ESPN have different coverage for different areas of the world. We get Asia/Pacific hence lots of Bucks games. As for the rest everyone was laughing at Utah for picking up Deron instead of paul before the start of last season, it's still too early to tell what each player will achieve.

I'm a pretty big Denver fan, have been for many years. It's almost like supporting Melbourne in a way - we promise so much yet deliver so little.

Yeah i am a spurs fan have been since AG played for them. I am really looking forward to this season as i think we will see D Howard become the best centre in the NBA and i hope that Bogut grows his game to something like 18/10/3 to become a gun. hopefully Newly and Luke S get a game this year to?

Yeah i am a spurs fan have been since AG played for them. I am really looking forward to this season as i think we will see D Howard become the best centre in the NBA and i hope that Bogut grows his game to something like 18/10/3 to become a gun. hopefully Newly and Luke S get a game this year to?

Dwight V Amare V Yao

Will be great to watch. :thumbsu:

Newley didnt make it at the rockets, didnt really get much of a look in at summer league. Shame i think he has more upside than even bogut. Schensher was contracted to the blazers with a few 10 day contracts at the end of last year, if he is still with them oden getting injured should give him some sort of chance to stay now. Apprently lemarcus aldrige is injured now too so he could see some minutes.

Dwight V Amare V Yao

Will be great to watch. :thumbsu:

Im looking foward to seeing how al jefferson goes now in the west against the centres and power fowards. If he is as good as he looked at boston i think he will have massive numbers being the main man for minnesota..........big shoes to fill though!!!

Im looking foward to seeing how al jefferson goes now in the west against the centres and power fowards. If he is as good as he looked at boston i think he will have massive numbers being the main man for minnesota..........big shoes to fill though!!!

Very big shoes to fill but he'll be the go to man and will put down some huge numbers.

Just for those that want to get into it or for those interested, these are the first "power rankings" of the new season.

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

Newley didnt make it at the rockets, didnt really get much of a look in at summer league. Shame i think he has more upside than even bogut. Schensher was contracted to the blazers with a few 10 day contracts at the end of last year, if he is still with them oden getting injured should give him some sort of chance to stay now. Apprently lemarcus aldrige is injured now too so he could see some minutes.

I can't think of a single thing that Newley does at an elite level. He'll be very lucky to even get near Bogut's rookie season. I could see Joe Ingles making a name for himself in the NBA though.

I can't think of a single thing that Newley does at an elite level. He'll be very lucky to even get near Bogut's rookie season. I could see Joe Ingles making a name for himself in the NBA though.

Newley wont make the nba, im not saying he is better than bogut i am just saying he has more upside but there are so many players like him in the nba it makes it very hard to get a crack. Bogut is a 7 footer, if u have some sort of skill and u are a 7 footer u will be able to make a living playing basketball even if u are crap. Not saying bogut is crap, just saying u dont need to be able to do much if u are 7 foot. My team seattle drafted a guy 2 years ago named saer sene from senagal with a top 10 pick. Now if he is a good basketball player im an olympic gymnastist. You cant teach height, that is why u see so many 7 foot stiffs still running around playing basketball at the top level everywhere, it is the only reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back