List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did his shoulder early in the season

From the AFL App.

Clubs have been advised the SSP will take place from Monday January 10 to Wednesday March 9, 2022 while the Mid-Season Rookie Draft is currently scheduled for Wednesday June 1, 2022.

Player eligibility for the SSP and MSRD
A player is eligible for the SSP or MSRD under either of the following:

A Player must have nominated for the most recent National Draft.

Note: A Player who nominated for, and was not selected during the Draft and who has committed for a further year as a 19-year-old Northern or NGA Academy Player is eligible for selection by their club during the SSP, however is available to all clubs should they nominate for the MSRD.

So, unless I'm mistaken, we could potentially pick up a McLennan or Scott Beilby before the season starts?

Interesting to read from Cal that NWM became Adelaide’s second choice (or that’s how I read it) and was very much in thoughts at Hawthorn’s pick.

Cc: Gerard Healy.

Interesting to read from Cal that NWM became Adelaide’s second choice (or that’s how I read it) and was very much in thoughts at Hawthorn’s pick.

Interesting to hear we offered up a future 2nd to move up the draft to grab Gibcus.

That says we were very little chance to trade down if Gibcus did make it that far.

No surprise to see we knocked back 17 and 28 from Richmond for 11. In the end Owens went after that and we could have landed one of Goater/Johnson as well as Sonsie but it just wasn't worth the risk.

No doubt if we had have traded down a bid would likely hage come earlier than it did.

To be frank, Richmond were dreaming if they thought pick 28 + 17 would get them up to 11. we'd be risking sliding back for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be frank, Richmond were dreaming if they thought pick 28 + 17 would get them up to 11. we'd be risking sliding back for nothing.

Its not that bad a deal. In theory we could have taken it and walked away with Johnson or Goater, and Sonsie , and still got Owens.
But 28 is far too close to where Owens was taken and would have run the risk of being used on him and downgrading for nothing.

Interesting to hear we offered up a future 2nd to move up the draft to grab Gibcus.

That says we were very little chance to trade down if Gibcus did make it that far.

No surprise to see we knocked back 17 and 28 from Richmond for 11. In the end Owens went after that and we could have landed one of Goater/Johnson as well as Sonsie but it just wasn't worth the risk.

No doubt if we had have traded down a bid would likely hage come earlier than it did.
If we had a pick in that range, I think a bid in the 20s would have been more likely.

Its not that bad a deal. In theory we could have taken it and walked away with Johnson or Goater, and Sonsie , and still got Owens.
But 28 is far too close to where Owens was taken and would have run the risk of being used on him and downgrading for nothing.

Yeah on paper it’s a fair deal. But in reality it is far to risky for us because we had no way of knowing if the Owens bid comes before 28 or not. And we didn’t know for who would be available at 17 at that point.

So all we need is for Nas to be less of a spud over his career than Gibcus now that we know Gibcus was clearly our number 1 choice.

Also, even without the owens complication- that richmond offer was trash.

Sliding 6 spots and out of the top 10 (exc bids) for a lousy late 20's pick?

Take a hike.
You must really rate NWM.

Taking out the Owens complication I'd have been more than happy to do that deal.

So all we need is for Nas to be less of a spud over his career than Gibcus now that we know Gibcus was clearly our number 1 choice.

Also, even without the owens complication- that richmond offer was trash.

Sliding 6 spots and out of the top 10 (exc bids) for a lousy late 20's pick?

Take a hike.

11/F3 for 17/F1 would have been more like it.

Peter Bell caught out bullshitting again:
Fremantle was at the centre of conversations on day two, with the Dockers holding onto the valuable pick 21 to open proceedings. Hawthorn discussed packaging pick 23 and a future second-round pick to grab Fremantle's pick – the Hawks' future first-round pick was never offered as part of a deal, at all – but the Dockers stayed where they were and added Johnson to their WA pairing at the top of the order.

You must really rate NWM.

Taking out the Owens complication I'd have been more than happy to do that deal.

Not really.

But the juice doesn't look worth the squeeze for mine.
A late 20's pick is a coin flip as to whether they ever make it to 100+ games.

If the tiges were offering up 2 coin flips for the slide- then I would have been interested.

The hawks did something similar to that in value with our pick 10 which they used for jaeger (swap of first rounders for 2 free early 20's picks), so it's not like that would have been absurd for the tiges to offer that.

The tiges clearly weren't all THAT interested in our pick.
No need for us to get out of bed for some borderline, maybe, sorta, lukewarm, ok deal.

Not really.

But the juice doesn't look worth the squeeze for mine.
A late 20's pick is a coin flip as to whether they ever make it to 100+ games.

If the tiges were offering up 2 coin flips for the slide- then I would have been interested.

The hawks did something similar to that in value with our pick 10 which they used for jaeger (swap of first rounders for 2 free early 20's picks), so it's not like that would have been absurd for the tiges to offer that.

The tiges clearly weren't all THAT interested in our pick.
No need for us to get out of bed for some borderline, maybe, sorta, lukewarm, ok deal.
That was one of the most one sided if not the most one sided pick swap we've ever seen.

It was a very even draft once it got to our pick and even more so when we weren't keen on Hobbs.

Let's see how it pans out but right now I'd take one of Johnson or Goater as well as Sonsie.

It was hardly a trash offer though.

That was one of the most one sided if not the most one sided pick swap we've ever seen.

It was a very even draft once it got to our pick and even more so when we weren't keen on Hobbs.

Let's see how it pans out but right now I'd take one of Johnson or Goater as well as Sonsie.

It was hardly a trash offer though.

Indeed we shall see, but we as a club are now in desperate need of quality, not quantity.

2 B graders does not equal 1 A grader.

Not that I'm saying Johnson and Sonsie are destined to be B graders, and Nas an A grader... but it's all about playing the percentages when entering a chook raffle like the draft.

Indeed we shall see, but we as a club are now in desperate need of quality, not quantity.

2 B graders does not equal 1 A grader.

Not that I'm saying Johnson and Sonsie are destined to be B graders, and Nas an A grader... but it's all about playing the percentages when entering a chook raffle like the draft.
Well the draft as I said was extremely even at our pick onwards so if you are talking about playing percentages it makes sense to grab two players in that range rather than one.

I'd have been just as happiy if not happier with any of those 3 taken at 11 so getting 2 would be better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back