National Draft Pick #37 - Alex Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically tested as the fittest ever Taller Player to come through the combine. Although with that build we will see you in 4 years Alex :D

That run along the boundary in his clip was gold

Very raw for a senior list player..?

Very.

I saw his first snap in the video and thought," it was just an awkward hurried kick for goal" then he kicked the same way in the rest of the video. Lloyd clearly said pre-draft today that we were drafting talls but gees the guy is 199cm and 87kg's. Apeness is the same height and 14 kg's heavier.

I'm very unsure about this pick.

I hate to say it but it seems very much like a Joel Houghton pick to me. Very slight build, extraordinary fitness and average performances to date. I would've thought Giles or Harvey were the better options.

But you just don't know until you get them to training.

Pearce might be raw, but really no more than Marsh. And even with a much bigger body, Harvey is probably just as far away from senior football.
Interested to know what you thought of Joel Tippett. I saw him play a couple of times in the SANFL and was reasonably impressed. Bit of a long shot, but if the choice was yours would you rookie him? He's a 196cm defender who's body is ready to go and moves very similar to his brother. Just not as classy.

Tbh, would have preferred Giles, but it's hardly fair to judge yet. Where Houghton fell down Pearce might succeed.

Hopefully we eventually get a scenario where Pearce kicks to Pearce, who handballs back to Pearce, who then hits a leading Peace lace out for a wonderful Pearce goal.

Pearce might be raw, but really no more than Marsh. And even with a much bigger body, Harvey is probably just as far away from senior football.

Marsh looks physically much closer to AFL level physically.

Pearce is a project in the true sense imo. Will need to develop his skills and put on weight to be considered. Daniel Bandy always cut it up in the 3 km time trial in preseason as well.

(Gees I'm feeling negative tonight about this draft).

Marsh looks physically much closer to AFL level physically.

Pearce is a project in the true sense imo. Will need to develop his skills and put on weight to be considered. Daniel Bandy always cut it up in the 3 km time trial in preseason as well.

(Gees I'm feeling negative tonight about this draft).

Have a look at the highlights packages for Apeness and Grey you will feel better!

Interesting pick. Doesn't look like a true KPP from the highlights package with very few
Marks but does have the athleticism of someone around 190cm so could be interesting to see how he develops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back