Traded Nathan Hrovat (#974)

Remove this Banner Ad

THE Western Bulldogs are confident they have emerged big winners from the trade that sent Brian Lake to Hawthorn after seizing inside midfielder Nathan Hrovat on the cheap.
The Dogs snaffled the diminutive Northern Knights captain at pick 21, the first-round selection obtained from the Hawks, after he slid past the interested Gold Coast and North Melbourne.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...in-nathan-hrovat/story-e6frf9jf-1226523071411

Like Stringer, this kid seems to have a bit of presence about him, although in a different way. Not that tantalising hint of arrogance that you get from Stringer, but still a very strong self-belief. It's more a sense of being obsessed with footy and prepared to put all his smarts (on-field and off it) into being the best he can.

I reckon he could be a 200 gamer.

His first goal was right in front of me! Dalhaus was waiting waiting for someone to lead and Hrovat led into the pocket and put it through from a fair angle.

Hrovat 1st goal.jpg

Interesting there's already a training drill named after Hrovat at Vic Metro.

"We had one drill called the 'Hrovat drill', which was named after Nathan, who was fanatical for his defensive work the previous year (Hrovat has played seven games for the Western Bulldogs in his debut season.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-15/freeman-a-dasher

Interesting there's already a training drill named after Hrovat at Vic Metro.

"We had one drill called the 'Hrovat drill', which was named after Nathan, who was fanatical for his defensive work the previous year (Hrovat has played seven games for the Western Bulldogs in his debut season.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-15/freeman-a-dasher
That's a crazy interesting fact. Already making a statement and being noticed.
What is also crazy is our midfield depth. Hrovat isn't even playing but I reckon he will become one of our better players of the future. Reckon he will player about 10-15 games next year, and then 2015 he will play every game barring injury as the new breed will be on show as 2015 Boyd and Cross will both not be there, and possibly murphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the pleasure of playing with Nathan throughout juniors.
Still have no doubt he will emerge into a dominant player one day. Pretty keen to see him get a run on. With all the other emerging talent you guys have at the moment I felt he has really slipped under everyones radar. What are you guys thinking of him so far?

I'm a big fan of Hrovat. I hope these injuries give him more of a run in the middle. We seem to be playing him more as a small forward who occasionally rotates through the middle and he is going well, but I personally think it would be better to see him get extended runs through the middle.

Just been delisted by North Melbourne. Seems like a really good person, good luck to him.

Feel sorry for Hrovat deserves a crack elsewhere possibly Gold Coast could be a good fit seen worse players get offered a contract elsewhere.

Like Stringer, this kid seems to have a bit of presence about him, although in a different way. Not that tantalising hint of arrogance that you get from Stringer, but still a very strong self-belief. It's more a sense of being obsessed with footy and prepared to put all his smarts (on-field and off it) into being the best he can.

I reckon he could be a 200 gamer.
:$ :$ :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back