Nathan Fyfe (Pick 20 2009 ND)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from some erratic kicking, he had a very good game yesterday with some excellent clearance work in the midfield, backing up Mundy in a similar role to that which Barlow was playing earlier in the season.

Apart from some erratic kicking, he had a very good game yesterday with some excellent clearance work in the midfield, backing up Mundy in a similar role to that which Barlow was playing earlier in the season.

Yeah I agree. He was awesome, and far better than I think we can expect from a player of his build and youth. He does actually seem to be a bit more solid than I remember. Watching both him and S Hill, when they get a spell, they just look totally spent. I am sure that is true for other players too, but they are so lean, and look near their deathbeds as they heave air in and out of their lungs.

nat fyfe is starting to look more and more key position size he was listed at 186 the start of this season and is now looking closer to 191

Does anyone know how tall he is? In know KP Jr is a gun on these stats but the kid had definately got bigger.

What a great pick as he will be a dead-set gun.

is a good point Doc. I was near the forward pocket Friday night and for a time Fyfe was close, playing on Scarlett. Wasn't much difference in heights. Scarlett is 192cm

I would take AFL published heights and weights with a grain of salt - some clubs aren't very meticulous with the numbers they provide.

Fyfe was measured at 187.4cm (49th percentile) at 2009 AFL Draft Camp (late September 2009), but his arm length of 83.1cm (70th percentile) gave him a reach advantage of ~2cm for his height.

Is at least 190 now. Not sure exactly how tall although my guess would be 192. Add him in with Morabito (192), Mundy (192), Pavlich (192), Barlow (190) and Crowley (190) and we have an extremely tall bunch of midfielders!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing considering he still looks so much like a 12 year old, but that's close to the optimal weight, maybe another 3 kilos or so.

Saw him last weekend at East End entertaining the ladies. Was trying to size him up compared to me (I'm 189cm) he still looks skinny as a rake up close.

Seeing his last presser, the choice of words and the way in which he speaks - I get the feeling he is being groomed as the next captain. Should make the leadership group in the next 2 seasons - captain when Pav retires.

Saw him last weekend at East End entertaining the ladies. Was trying to size him up compared to me (I'm 189cm) he still looks skinny as a rake up close.

Seeing his last presser, the choice of words and the way in which he speaks - I get the feeling he is being groomed as the next captain. Should make the leadership group in the next 2 seasons - captain when Pav retires.

dunno, i'm leaning more towards barlow as our next captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back