Nat Wars; The Beetrooter Strikes Back (An $80m production)

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly how is that acceptable behavior for an elected public official? He's clearly pissed off his rocker as usual.
Imagine if it was Lidia Thorpe.

Imagine.

Imagine if it was Lidia Thorpe.

Imagine.
“I’ve been with Barnaby when we have found a man in the same state on the street and rather than take a video and sell it to the media, he picked the guy up and took him home, we later found out there had been problems with his medication and if he hadn’t helped him back he could have been in a very bad situation,” she said.

It’s disgusting that when he was in need they could not even check he was ok.”

Barnaby has got Vikki in full defence mode. Maybe someone who gets paid an exorbitant salary to represent the people of the country should take some 'personal responsibility' and be in control of how much liquor he consumes.

Oh dear how sad. Surely he can't be elected Nationals leader again ?
It's probably time to pull the pin on alcohol being available in parliament. Let them drink in local pubs where they have to behave themselves a bit.
Barnaby has the luxury of being in probably the safest seat in Australia and whatever he does he still gets elected with a huge majority. Beyond me what the Nationals or the electorate see in him.

“I’ve been with Barnaby when we have found a man in the same state on the street and rather than take a video and sell it to the media, he picked the guy up and took him home, we later found out there had been problems with his medication and if he hadn’t helped him back he could have been in a very bad situation,” she said.

It’s disgusting that when he was in need they could not even check he was ok.”

Barnaby has got Vikki in full defence mode. Maybe someone who gets paid an exorbitant salary to represent the people of the country should take some 'personal responsibility' and be in control of how much liquor he consumes.

OK Vikki, I'm sure you and Barnaby would help a homeless person on the streets when you walk past..../s

But how disgusting the Murdoch trolls trying to label the video taker as the bad guy when the former Deputy PM and still influential Coalition figure is the one inebriated and abusive.

Honestly how is that acceptable behavior for an elected public official? He's clearly pissed off his rocker as usual.
Clearly the issue here is not that the former Deputy PM/Acting PM is acting inapprppriately as he has done on many many occasions both inside and outside of Parliament.

Nah - according to the Nationals, the blame lies with the people who took the video of this drunken fool on his back swearing into his phone outside the Restaurant/Cafe precinct of the nation's capital and did not render him assistance!

Former deputy prime minister Michael McCormack, who Joyce rolled for the Nationals leadership in June 2021, told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age “people will make up their own minds on what they think of the video”.

“But it does go to show modern society, where somebody chooses to video another person on the ground rather than going to help. Whatever happened to the good Samaritan?” McCormack said.

McCormack clearly misses the irony of his statement given that Joyce has served as the Acting Prime Minister on several occasions of this 'modern society' he denigrates.

Last edited:
Sharri Markson got a Walkley for "breaking" a story that was common knowledge on this board and she only did it because someone else was going to, Joyce has been protected by the media for years. On the other hand the cookers after party looked like it was fun.

Sharri Markson got a Walkley for "breaking" a story that was common knowledge on this board and she only did it because someone else was going to, Joyce has been protected by the media for years. On the other hand the cookers after party looked like it was fun.
Phil Coorey gets gongs and retains his job for "scoops" which are just hand-fed stories from the LNP PR Departments.

“But it does go to show modern society, where somebody chooses to video another person on the ground rather than going to help. Whatever happened to the good Samaritan?” McCormack said.

McCormack clearly misses the irony of his statement given that Joyce has served as the Acting Prime Minister on several occasions of this 'modern society' he denigrates.
McCormack was lucky that the people of Vanautu helped him when he had a little bit too much kava.

Clearly the issue here is not that the former Deputy PM/Acting PM is acting inapprppriately as he has done on many many occasions both inside and outside of Parliament.

Nah - according to the Nationals, the blame lies with the people who took the video of this drunken fool on his back swearing into his phone outside the Restaurant/Cafe precinct of the nation's capital and did not render him assistance!

Former deputy prime minister Michael McCormack, who Joyce rolled for the Nationals leadership in June 2021, told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age “people will make up their own minds on what they think of the video”.

I'd be hesitant to approach Joyce with a skinful, I don't think he'd be a great drunk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, Joyce, one of the ongoing jokes in our parliament. Yet still saner and closer to reality than Malcolm Roberts... bizarre.
Senate v House of Reps

Ones a lottery that throws up a few oddballs

What does his continued re election say about the people of New England?

McCormack was lucky that the people of Vanautu helped him when he had a little bit too much kava.
Whenever anyone goes out of their way to defend the indefensible behaviour of a colleague in their industry - like the journos who went in to bat for Tom Morris after he torched his career - I automatically think, "Wow, that sounds like the words of someone who's VERY keen to keep their What's App under wraps."

Couldn't find another Nats-specific thread, but hearing Littleproud yelling on my radio this morning, while NFF cautioned his hyperbole and Farmers for Renewables(?) are proposing the opposite of his screeching "no more renewables outside urban areas", and living regionally myself, I'm not sure he has read the room very well nationally. Can Barnaby rise again...?! 😄
The footage suggests that he is currently falling on the ground as opposed to rising.

Joyce told 9News he wasn't drunk, he'd been chatting on his phone, sitting on a pavement planter box, when he fell off.

e36c88606fae6e207a91b293f0cb7389c34a012c

"If I had known someone was there with a camera, I would have got up quicker," he said.

I assume NewsCorp have lined up an interview with the planter box?

c9cd93340604545bc9d85b2bcfec3d41

Allegedly "pissed lying-on-the-footpath Barnaby" was more coherent than "House of Reps Barnaby", "PH door-stop Barnaby", or "commercial breakfast TV rambling aimlessly Barnaby".

Go figure. 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back