Opinion Name 3 things you would like to see in 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

1. two under 23 year old players to show they are future rolled gold A graders. (I believe in most instances you need at least 6 of them to win a flag with 1 dropping off due to injury or in essence a top tier player on every line of the field)
2. 3 rising star nominations
3. being greedy but the combination of more ground/contested ball and more inside 50's.

Less injuries, coherent direction for the style of play and most importantly some positive signs from younger players.

1. Much, much higher defensive effort levels (i.e. tackling, chasing and running both ways) and fitness leels
2. No more than one or two absolute hidings (i.e. losses by 70 points or more) even if we finish in bottom 4 and lose a lot more games than we win
3. A much better organised system for delivering the ball into the forward 50 that minimises quick rebounds out of F50, and that includes plans for the forwards to seperate from each other and present a 1 on 1 option rather than cluster in packs, and better decision making by the ball carrier kicking the ball in

Went don’t wanna win the bloody WAFL flag, they’ll take the team off us again. :D
Simpson said it about right on SEN yesterday, the WAFL clubs want us to be good, just not that good - basically competitive enough to not quite make finals

Kenneth Hinkley proving all his haters wrong and getting a new contract

Harley reid coming to wce

Devon Robertson coming to wce

Ginbey not proving to be a bust and better then philpaou

Dom Sheed has to step it up now. He needs to prove he can be the crux of our mid during transition period along with Kelly.

Allen has to deliver on a 50 goal season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpson said it about right on SEN yesterday, the WAFL clubs want us to be good, just not that good - basically competitive enough to not quite make finals
Could we agree to not have a position on the ladder and not play finals but just have the other clubs playing us for 4 points for their own position on the ladder every week? Pretty radical and not ideal from our POV, i realise we would prefer our players to exposure to finals, but if it placated the other WAFL clubs enough for us to be able to field a more competitive side without them pissing and moaning then it might be a good trade off.

You have to wonder how much our young players actually learn playing in games where we get soundly beaten most weeks. It would be much, much better for them to play in tighter more competitive games that weren't over by half time, even if we have to make concessions to be able to get that.

Could we agree to not have a position on the ladder and not play finals but just have the other clubs playing us for 4 points for their own position on the ladder every week? Pretty radical and not ideal from our POV, i realise we would prefer our players to exposure to finals, but if it placated the other WAFL clubs enough for us to be able to field a more competitive side without them pissing and moaning then it might be a good trade off.

You have to wonder how much our young players actually learn playing in games where we get soundly beaten most weeks. It would be much, much better for them to play in tighter more competitive games that weren't over by half time, even if we have to make concessions to be able to get that.
I think that's similar to how Crows SANFL works. I think they still get the points but can't qualify for finals. Similar to what happened to essendon in 2013 once they were found to be drug cheats.

Being a greedy Kent I want four things:

1. The margin of any loss be to no more than 20 points.

2. Three rising star nominations.

3. Evidence of a new more effective game plan.

4.The Club and or Nissy announce the succession plan for the CEO position.

I am not at all fussed if we don’t win many games and finish down the bottom again, providing we give the youth a good exposed run in the league AND we reduce the magnitude of the drubbings that we have endured the past few years.
#4 is a pretty high priority in my opinion

Said it before and I'll say it again.

The VFL should become the AFL Reserves (history repeating) and our reserves side should join that comp.

It's just the WA and SA teams that are missing.

Rising Star - Will Ashcroft.
Brownlow - Josh Dunkley.
Premiership - Brisbane Lions.
You spelled Campbell Chesser, Tim Kelly and West Coast Eagles wrong

0/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back