Music Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Smiths, such a solid band. Have had their albums on repeat for the last week or so. Morrissey has such great vocals. I haven't listened to any of his solo stuff, is it any good?

Anyone old enough to have seen the Smiths when they were together?

When I was in London my boss loved them and used to play the same CD (might have been a best of I think) over and over. I've still got Girlfriend in a Coma stuck in my head 6 years later.

Chromeo's DJ Kicks compilation is brilliant. Will sit comfortably next to those done by Hot Chip and Erlend Oye. ABout time another was brought out. Had been waiting over 2 years since Bookas attempt.

Might be a little bit late on this bandwagon but Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More is a great album.

Also Kings Of Convenience - Declaration Of Dependence does not disappoint. Run to your local record store and grab both.

Also Kitsune Maison 8 is a little bit disappointing. Has a few nice tracks on it but a lot of the tracks are recycled.

Yeah sorry just can't keep up with what all the cool kids are listening to these days. I did download it a month or so ago but only got around to listening to it in the last week or so, please forgive me.

Other newish (as in released in last 6 months for those music police) chilled CD's that have been dominating my ipod over the couple of months:
Girls - Album
Washed Out - Life Of Leisure EP
AIR - Love 2
Mayer Hawthorne - A Strange Arrangement
Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms
The XX - XX
The Very Best - Warm Heart Of Africa
The Antlers - Hospice
Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest
Karen O and the Kids - Where The Wild Things Are Soundtrack
YACHT - See Mystery Lights
Sufjan Stevens - The BQE
The Flaming Lips - Embryonic
jj - jj no2
Bibio - Ambivalence Avenue
Dirty Projectors - Bitta Orca

Add Whitley to the list. Young lad from down the Peninsula. His new album "Go Forth, Find Mammoth" is excellent.

Currently going through an obsession with 1980's Italo Disco. Just trawling through old back catalogues. Have found some absolute classics (also a lot of shockers).

A couple of favourites that I have come across. The videos make them even better.

O'Gar - Playback Fantasy
[YOUTUBE]2DLdIa4FNpI[/YOUTUBE]

Squash Gang - Moving Your Hips
[YOUTUBE]LUxbpSiY78k[/YOUTUBE]

Saw Surkin play at Stereo. All my mates were watching Axwell so actually went and watched and flailed around on my own. Was good fun.

Then saw him play a set afterwards at stereo. Was in the front row for his entire set and did not stop dancing the entire time. Was dead afterwards though. Actually fell asleep at Soz Grandma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twelves essential mix is essential

☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
│▒│ /▒/
│▒│/▒/
│▒ /▒/─┬─┐
│▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘ ●ρєα¢є~out● Surk1n
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
└┐▒▒▒▒┌┘
\_____/

Got some good shit coming up in the next month or so.

Lupe Fiasco @ the zoo, Future Music Festival, Booka Shade sideshow, Mama Mia musical.

Can't wait.

Should be good. Surely he will be playing predominately his Cat Stevens hits and not the tripe he has put out in the last 10 years.

Is there any concert/Festival you have missed this year surkin?

I even saw you lining up to get your Spandau Ballet tickets.

Very versitile when it comes to your music...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back