Rumour Mundy free agency

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm definitely in the 'Life goes on' brigade. It would be schizen to lose him but I support Freo, not Mundy. If I've learnt one thing in life, it's that people who claim something is a disaster (we'll all be ruined!), they're usually wrong.

Get it right! "We'll all be rooned!"

If an offer is given to Mundy too good to match, I say hit up Bennel with our 1st round and compo picks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

'I have it on good authority'. Please. Typical attention seeking forum behaviour. Pick a plausible rumour (and we're all heard the Mundy to Hawthorn one) and repeat it placing yourself in an intimate position. Of course if it comes true you look good, and it's not like it's impossible, and if it doesn't well, it all fell through.

'I have it on good authority'. Please. Typical attention seeking forum behaviour. Pick a plausible rumour (and we're all heard the Mundy to Hawthorn one) and repeat it placing yourself in an intimate position. Of course if it comes true you look good, and it's not like it's impossible, and if it doesn't well, it all fell through.

I have it on good authority that Vegemite is better than Promite. True story.

love mundy but I am not sold on him staying. Always a flip side to him leaving - another first round pick (likely after our 1st rounder) and the opportunity for someone to step up into the key midfield. If he stays - absolute legend that will be remembered for sticking around in our tougher times

mundy is worth more than pick 19 ;)

People underestimating the gulf he'd leave if he took off.

He's a serious chance to in all honesty. I see Mundy leaving more than Frawley in the purple next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO Losing Mundy would spell the end of any flag hope for us in the next three years. Reckon you ask any one of the forwards who they want kicking to them it woudl be Mundy , just beautiful kick and seems to have time and space whenever he has the ball in hand. For me reckon if he was going to go it would have been last time round. Who knows Hawks offering him $2.5M over three years might do it.
If its Mundy's wife, mum or sister( does he have one?) thats giving you this information am sure theyre really dissapointed that you would share it in a forum.

Where the hell are the hawks pulling all this salary cap space from? I get Buddy would freed some room but Mundy would have to be offered big bucks to move and I can't see most of their list on an average wage.

I doubt everyone else got a payrise just because Buddy left. Their only new recruit over the off season was McEvoy who is a decent player but I doubt he'd be on big bucks. They likely still have plenty of space in their cap.

Midfield is one position where we have depth. If Mundy was to leave (really hope he doesn't), we still have Sylvia yet to debut & Morabito returning (3 & 4 draft picks), keep hearing good things about Ballard (even though is a rookie), Sheridan is getting better (still only a 15 game player) & Ballaz & Walters can always push into the middle too. None of them, apart from maybe Walters, can kick like Mundy, but we will be fine!!

Midfield is one position where we have depth.
I wouldn't say so. Take any of Barlow, Fyfe and Mundy out and the side struggles big time. Neale is making his way into that group, but the drop off in quality between the top three and the rest is pretty telling. After those three Fremantle's midfield begins to look a lot like West Coast's.

Yeah, that's right. It would be a kick in the guts if we lost him, but not as bad as we might first think. I really rate Mundy, always have, and I think he could play for a while because he's never been an injury prone player - I think he's got a good 3 years in him at least, but certainly losing him now would not be the end of the world under the current compensation system, and, as you say, it gives us a better shot at someone else. I'd be pretty annoyed myself if he goes, but reason says it wouldn't be as bad as it might feel.

Having said that, I still think the odds are pretty good he'll stay. I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I'd pick that direction if I had to.

We've done OK out of the FA system so far, it's only a matter of time before they start going the other way.
I think that it would push us out of the premiership window, temporarily. Unless we won a GF this year Pav, McPharlin and Sandi probably never get a GF win if he goes.
I thought that he said there was some unfinished business in not getting a premiership. But he has to know our priority is now Fyfe and previously it was Pav and Sandi so I suspect we have never really "shown him the money". He may feel that he deserves more for his faithfulness and ability than he is offered. Tough call for him.

What ever will be will be, "the cemetery is full of irreplaceable players*)

*-RTB
Correct but Ball shows you that sometimes one player leaves you 1 point short in a drawn GF. Next season they are "irreplaceable" but today they are required.

Not nearly as concerned as in the past. That does not mean that it is not possible that he will leave it just means that we are that much more of a professional club that it is much less likely.

I survived barracking for a club that had half the squad wanting to leave at the end of each year - and for very good reason!

Not nearly as concerned as in the past. That does not mean that it is not possible that he will leave it just means that we are that much more of a professional club that it is much less likely.

I survived barracking for a club that had half the squad wanting to leave at the end of each year - and for very good reason!

I agree, if he was going to leave it would have been when the Hawks threw the kitchen sink at him last time.

He has always waited until the end of the season but you rarely see any player leave who has a wife and her family in the same state leave interstate unless its for a good reason and the difference in cash wouldn't be enough...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back