movement at the station.........

Remove this Banner Ad

No way Hird will ever coach EFC. I'd bet my left testi on it.

jesus man, them's some high stakes. What on earth gives you that kind of confidence in your position?

I used to think he wouldn't. Over the last 6 months I've become less sure.

I don't believe this rumour just yet, but I actually think Hird will coach one day now. First he took some time out of footy, and yes he has some outside interests. But Hird is a smart guy, he knows that you only live once, and I reckon he'd love to take on your Voss' and Buckley's again

Most assistants have a clause to leave if they get a head coach job. Not sure what sort of contract Burns and Wellman are on; but I suspect a lot of assistant's contracts are year-to-year jobbies.
Quite possibly the club's just flagging the intention that they are quite happy to pay out any release clauses.

You are correct but I was talking about Mark Williams.

Head coaches don't break contracts to coach at another rival club.
Will not happen.

I dunno, honestly.
Foggie's going with it. I know who his source is, but necessarily not their motives. It's also been allegedly corroborated, 2nd hand from a board member, by another Blitz poster. So it's at least a "solid rumour".

Choc was fairly peeved they cut into his contract so bad. They wouldn't have been entirely unhappy if he walked, and perhaps there were some additional clauses put in there.

Choc was fairly peeved they cut into his contract so bad. They wouldn't have been entirely unhappy if he walked, and perhaps there were some additional clauses put in there.

exactly.

got shafted on choice of captain & the new contract, likely he would have had some 'benefits' of his own included as compensation & its not unthinkable that one of those would be the option to leave early if a better senior role was offered.

I believe that if this is such exciting news - It should never have been released.

It would be exciting if it happened at the end of the year - Without there being any leaks.

Once the media runs with this story - You will probably find some of the ' Dream Team' get cold feet.

And it will lead to a prolonged period of destabilisation.

I believe that if this is such exciting news - It should never have been released.

It would be exciting if it happened at the end of the year - Without there being any leaks.

Once the media runs with this story - You will probably find some of the ' Dream Team' get cold feet.

And it will lead to a prolonged period of destabilisation.

Loose lips sink ships.

You need to elaborate; MK has one at the moment who is ex EFC and a profile assistant, and the way he's going with the defensive aspects, no wonder Knights is lacking some confidence. Throw in Camporeale, dubious midfield coach if you ask me, and some of the liuetenants aren't stacking up.

G'OD has no real aspirations to take a senior job, whilst you wouldn't really consider Campo as an Essendon person.

There are two Essendon people on the coaching panel, G'OD and Simon Madden. We're not going to see either putting their hands up for a senior job.

I just don't think Knights has the confidence in the security of his own position to allow someone like those mentioned, except possibly Wellman, to join the coaching panel.

Under Knights tenure, at least in the short term, I don't think we'll see any of the real strong Essendon characters with full time coaching positions at the club.

Agreed. At least Ant would have the 2nd or 3rd post in this thread, tell everyone what was going on and not to lose their heads.

Yea, in between flogging off about how much he knows about footy and how involved he is with everything that happens everywhere...

I'm sure we would all listen to him when he told us what was going on and not to loose our heads.

For what its worth, god help us if we've got a guy down there in the inner sanctum who then jumps on public internet forums and spills the beans all over the place...

Furthermore, i hardly see it as surprising that Knights would be asked to front the board regardless of where the season was at. I find the whole list of names mentioned to be an utter load of crap.

I used to think he wouldn't. Over the last 6 months I've become less sure.

I don't believe this rumour just yet, but I actually think Hird will coach one day now. First he took some time out of footy, and yes he has some outside interests. But Hird is a smart guy, he knows that you only live once, and I reckon he'd love to take on your Voss' and Buckley's again

You're right!! I agree that the thought of coaching against his old on field rivals would be too great a temptation to miss out. Jimmy learnt a helluva lot when playing under Sheeds - he, of all people, knows what made a player really, really mad. Remember the time he kicked that goal then turned to gesticulate at Sheeds - bloody priceless. :p

Let's face it - we won't make the finals this year. The Board will have to move on Knights unless some sort of footballing miracles happen.

You're right!! I agree that the thought of coaching against his old on field rivals would be too great a temptation to miss out. Jimmy learnt a helluva lot when playing under Sheeds - he, of all people, knows what made a player really, really mad. Remember the time he kicked that goal then turned to gesticulate at Sheeds - bloody priceless. :p

Let's face it - we won't make the finals this year. The Board will have to move on Knights unless some sort of footballing miracles happen.

Hird is too smart a guy not to IMO. He knows that, whatever happens with a coaching career, life goes on. He won't be a career coach, he'll just coach Essendon a la Roos. Do a 5 year stint, & then move back into his business career.

He knows that he can live the dream if he wants, and then continue on with his life afterwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'OD has no real aspirations to take a senior job, whilst you wouldn't really consider Campo as an Essendon person.

O'Donnell is sitting back in the comfort zone, two years under Sheedy, and now three under MK, very avearge results. Time to fast track his pursuit of administrative glory.

O'Donnell is sitting back in the comfort zone, two years under Sheedy, and now three under MK, very avearge results. Time to fast track his pursuit of administrative glory.

I get it... You are Matthew Knights.

How else would you explain the inference that he's in some way being hardly done by his assistant coaches in O'Donnell and Campo???

News flash Einstein.

Knights is the coach. He appointed his assistant coaches, you'd hope on the basis that they were the best for the job. To infer that he's being let down by them:

a) is just a blatant blame shift.
b) can only be based on assumption and hope because it couldn't be Knights fault.
c) is a disgrace that he's persisted with them for 3 years if they're so bad
d) is irrelevant because the buck stops with the senior coach when assessing how the coaching panel is going.

Their will always be an excuse though. You are an expert in finding them...

Gooooooo Knights.

Short term Pain = Long term Gain IMO

so hope this rumour is true!

Because you know Choco or whoever takes over is 100%, un-conditionally going to be successfull?

Recruiting an actual midfield, especially someone to help Jobe in clearances is more important.

For **** sake, get behind the coach and the team. I'm as sick as anyone being s**t, but we can start moving back up THIS WEEK.

Because you know Choco or whoever takes over is 100%, un-conditionally going to be successfull?

Recruiting an actual midfield, especially someone to help Jobe in clearances is more important.

For **** sake, get behind the coach and the team. I'm as sick as anyone being s**t, but we can start moving back up THIS WEEK.

:thumbsu:

HUNDREDS of rep

I get it... You are Matthew Knights.

How else would you explain the inference that he's in some way being hardly done by his assistant coaches in O'Donnell and Campo???

News flash Einstein.

Knights is the coach. He appointed his assistant coaches, you'd hope on the basis that they were the best for the job. To infer that he's being let down by them:

a) is just a blatant blame shift.
b) can only be based on assumption and hope because it couldn't be Knights fault.
c) is a disgrace that he's persisted with them for 3 years if they're so bad
d) is irrelevant because the buck stops with the senior coach when assessing how the coaching panel is going.

Their will always be an excuse though. You are an expert in finding them...

Gooooooo Knights.

I get it, in your world down at Frankston, the head coach is precluded from removing non peforming assistants. Go and find someone to check the history books for you; it happens.

You have no idea how much I wish you were correct and everyone else here is wrong. I would even go to Fr Bob's church in South Melbourne and go on my knees and than God if we made the finals this year; because to make the finals, there would have to be a tectonic shift in the way the Bombers play and they will have to win nearly every game from now on. I would be the happiest guy in Port Melbourne if that happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back