dee-molishon

All Australian
Sep 29, 2007
geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
sonics, storm
I vote for Liam "what a star, and yes and i manage him" Pickering.

This is something that for some reason has really infuriated me lately. Pickering is the most biasedly favour commentator ive ever heard towards players he managers. When they *** up there is always an excuse or a bad umpiring decision. When they do something good he always proclaims "what a star".

If eddie mcguire had a conflict of interest commentating surely pickering has a bigger one with his players running round in every team.

Tony Shaw saying "no doubt" every second sentence runs a close second.

How could you leave out Robert Walls??

I know alot of people dont like walls but i for one actually do think he provides something to commentry. He says what he thinks and even though i dont always agree with it at least it gives the viewer something to think about, rather than the complete crap most of them go on about.

I'm shattered that Rex's full nickname "I'm invincible, I'm paying money, ahh the girls' happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this?" didn't fit in.

Dizzy stuff.

I have to go for Malcom "rhetorical questions and talking to myself for four quarters" Blight.

You forgot 2 absolute morons in the commentating world.
The worst by far is David "Captain Obvious" Schwartz (Loved him as a footy player but damn he can't commentate on the game for SH*T!
And Tim Watson. Also has no idea. And what's worse they both sorta sound like each other... so it's sometimes hard to give them crap as we have to figure out who they are.

Nearly every single word that comes out of Robert Walls mouth is negative, it becomes quite annoying. Especially if your team is losing and im sure we've all had to deal with that alot this year.

How could you leave out Robert Walls??

Spot on.

Favorite post match press conferance was the one where i could only assume it was malthouse gives it a bit of. "...no one would know more about being sacked from a club than him, he holds the all time record for being sacked, what is it now 4 clubs he's been sacked from..."

Gold

Luke Darcy is BS as well.

David Schwartz comments on TV that means he doesnt have 2 tell us everything he sees because we are watching it.

Also Luke Darcy commentates Netball WTF is up with thats.

God, don't get me started on Walls... quite an achievement for someone such as him to hold onto his job when he appears to contribute almost nothing of any value about ANY game he commentates on... :rolleyes:

Robert Walls is the worst. He's so biased & negative, he can't keep up with the game. Numerous times I've heard him try to commentate on a running game, but he falls behind because he's too slow, so someone has to take over halfway through because he's three kicks behind the play.

Not only that he points out the most obvious of things minutes after it's happened. I heard this piece of masterful commentating a couple of years ago:

Quartermain: Bradshaw goes back, & nails it from forty.
*Crowd cheers*
Quartermain: And Brisbane extend their lead.
*Crowd continues to cheer, the ball returns to the center*
Walls:............................................................Bradshaw kicks a goal.

Even those in Perth who would get the game on a three-hour delay have already firgured that out before Walls has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dwayne "i know every players path to AFL football" Russell and who they use to play for previously under 18's or SANFL, brings these stories out 3 times a quarter.

How could you leave out Anthony Hudson? Not only is he annoying and bias (Every Swans game he commentates) he has a HUGE head!

I cannot think of too many commentators that I actually like, they all annoy me in fact Kelly Underwood was one that I found less offensive to listen to. Hudson particularly irritates me, Robert Walls too. Michael Christian bores me with his droning voice there's more personality in a Cyberman. Being from the West I'm going to commit heresy and also put Cometti in my list of worst commentators the amount total nonsense that man talks is off the scale..

I Agree where's "the inspirational coach of west perth, lol " Dennis Cometti , i remember his days at the cardies , he was crap . The jokes he makes are clearly pre rehearsed , his only saving grace is his soft spot for the dee's . Voted Malcolm Blight , arrogant , arrogant man .

How could you leave out Anthony Hudson? Not only is he annoying and bias (Every Swans game he commentates) he has a HUGE head!

:thumbsu: Exactly his the worst by far. Stupid annoying and bias little ompa lumpa.

The last 3 weeks I have noticed 2 things.

1. Lynch cannot seem to say a complete sentence without stumbling at least once. Once i noticed this, I couldn't stop noticing it from then on. EVERY sentence has an "err" or a mispronounced word that he has to correct himself on.

2. Liam Pickering has missed EVERY substitute in every game he has covered. The weekend just gone, I heard the substitution announced over the PA (through the tv) a good 5 minutes prior to Pickers' expert and in-depth reporting of it. And the term "any danger" being added to the start of his sentences before he says what someone isn't doing seems to be in vogue. Ie. "Any danger of Melbourne having someone in their forward line?"

Just my observations of commentators annoying me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back