Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 - 2015 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Mof has to fulfill my desires

Is Shaun Hampson punching above? I'm not a homosexual or anything (not that there is anything wrong with that) but he is a pretty attractive person

Watch out Mofra the 48%ers are coming for you

hawk.jpg

Last edited:

Player #22 - Dimitri "Jimmy" Toumpas

Pictured: Your atypical Melbourne first round draftee, excited to wear the jumper

Jimmy Toumpas is a Melbourne midfielder drafted at pick #4 in the 2012 AFL Draft. He was selected just before Jake Stringer, Jackson Macrae and Ollie Wines. Next year's pick #4 was Marcus Bontempelli. Jimmy's impact on the AFL world, in contrast to the other players mentioned, is underwhelming to say the least.

I want to preface this next section by saying this: I like Melbourne. A couple of mates are die-hard supporters, their colours are the best in the AFL (if you include the white of their sponsor's logo) and their supporters are obsessed with the Bulldogs because they secretly love us. I also love Melbourne because this year they've done part of my Bottom 50 write up for me - this is actually Jimmy's bio on the Melbourne website:

Shapes as an important year for the No. 4 selection from the 2012 NAB AFL Draft. He has played 18 games, but just four in 2014. He had his appendix removed midway through the season, but had done little to excite before then. The question remains whether Toumpas can show the attributes he displayed at under-18 level in AFL football. The Demons need a player with Toumpas' characteristics, running and carrying the ball, and the 20-year-old needs to make himself that man.
Source: Melbourne Football Club

So Melbourne themselves refute any injury excuse to Jimmy's underperformance thus far.
How did his 2015 pan out? A pretty good game against cellar dwellers St Kilda, and not much else. Plenty of time in the outer suburban paradise known as Casey Fields, and a mention in dispatches with other first-round luminaries such as Jack Watts, Lucas Cook, Jordan Gysberts, Luke Tapscott and Sam Blease.
Jimmy completes Melbourne's 6 or so years of first round blunders that are as statistical an anomaly as Starburns_ and Shawt ever appearing on the same mod team.

Pictured: Bay 13 mod meeting circa 2014

Jimmy is an AFL community ambassador for the Greek community in Melbourne, the world's second largest Greek city. Despite his career trajectory mirroring his ancestral home's finances, it is worthy of mention for the valuable service to the city that the Greek community provides:
upload_2015-10-21_12-36-39.jpeg
Pictured: Saving lives at 2am since 1978

At the end of 2015 Toumpas was traded to Port Adelaide as part of the most underwhelming 4-team trade in AFL history. Never have so many interested parties been involved for so little actual output since Mao's Great Leap Forward program of 1958-1961. That really does make sense. Google it.

Anyways thanks Jimmy for keeping a modern tradition alive (Melbourne first round busts) and good luck in the SANFL in 2016.

Always nice to place a context around the Toumpas draft choice (who came after him - Stringer and Macrae; Bont at P4 next year).

Dees fans must feel sick whenever this comes up.

Keep up the good work

Oh and I feel like a souvlaki.

Nice touch with the 2am Souvlaki :)
True story - I wandered in there once (around 2am) and asked for one with heaps of crispy bits, as I generally like the crispy bits of meat in my Souvo.
The helpful staff obliged.
What I ended up with was a souvo-jerky wrap that sucked the remaining 0.2% of moisture out of my body and into my life-saving paper-wrapped food-object of normally life saving goodness. If someone had offered me a drip filled with baboon urine I was so dry I would have said yes.

Moral of the story: Don't mess with the classics, they know what they're doing.

Even if he's a total bust at Port, he's the reason that Ollie Wines slid to us so he's already done more for the PAFC than most. And now we've somehow ended up with both of them. lol Melbourne.

Melksham traded, Carlisle traded, Seedsman traded, Lamb traded, Hampton traded, Giles traded, Toumpas traded, selwood signed as free agent, Bastinac, Black, Yarran on the block, Karnezis and Melbourne spudsretired.

Should be a bloody flogstradamus.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not you, judging by your views on homosexuals I would think you're a 50 something baby boomer who votes Liberal?
What have you got against Liberal Voters? I think you're being a bit discriminatory. Us, Liberal voters are human and have feelings too! :)

Melksham traded, Carlisle traded, Seedsman traded, Lamb traded, Hampton traded, Giles traded, Toumpas traded, selwood signed as free agent, Bastinac, Black, Yarran on the block, Karnezis and Melbourne spudsretired.

Should be a bloody fligstradamus.

Of he did his bottom 50 in January 2015, then sure flogstradamus, not sure you get the tag for simply reporting what your eyes have seen...

Of he did his bottom 50 in January 2015, then sure flogstradamus, not sure you get the tag for simply reporting what your eyes have seen...
Maybe he is slow this year because he's involved in negotiations with list managers for the master list of the 50 so that the clubs can get best value out of their spuds now.

What have you got against Liberal Voters? I think you're being a bit discriminatory. Us, Liberal voters are human and have feelings too! :)
Greed, gluttony, thrifitiness, disdain and heartlessness do not count as feelings.

Probably not you, judging by your views on homosexuals I would think you're a 50 something baby boomer who votes Liberal?
I'd say that I'm extremely attractive and I think you'd probably agree, regardless of your persuasion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 - 2015 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back