Mod. Notice Mod Announcements - Please read latest posts

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t see the Non-Lions Discussion thread on the Lions board homepage when I am logged in. I can see it when not logged in, is there a reason for this?
Do you have the OP on ignore?

Please read and understand the guidelines below for posting on the Brisbane Lions Board. If unclear on anything please ask.

To All Posters

Please refrain from calling people idiots etc, if you disagree with what a poster has said debate the points raised with counter discussion points of your own do not debate the poster. If you make a comment, especially a controversial one, be prepared to back it up - try to avoid "hit and run" posts

Please try and use correct spelling and punctuation – it makes it so much easier for people to respond to you. This ain’t SMS. Use abbreviations sparingly if possible.

Opposition supporters

Constructive and friendly debate is more than welcome.

Please refer to our Sub-board called Roster Watch which should be able to answer any questions you may have regarding our current list. Or simply post a question there for the player you want more information on.

Joining in the spirit of existing satire and friendly banter may also be okay.

Saying you were only joking after you have been infracted = bad luck. If you are not sure and don't make it clear, then don't post it.

Calling us The Bears is only ever used in derogatory terms and even if you consider it a joke we don't, immediate infractions will be issued.

Opposition fans do not have the same right of reply as Brisbane fans.

Personal abuse by an opposition fan will meet with an infraction.

Disrespect towards Brisbane or its players will meet with an infraction.

The moderators reserve the right to interpret your intent as they see fit.

If you want to complain against an infraction via PM or on the boards, you may be rewarded with a further infraction.

The moderators may at any time decide to remove your access to the Brisbane board temporarily or permanently.

Brisbane supporters

You do have the right of reply against opposition supporters, however if your response far outweighs what you are responding to, warnings or infractions may be handed out. Let's remember kids post here too.

Abuse of fellow Brisbane supporters may incur an infraction or a warning.

If you are found to be an opposition supporter posing as a Brisbane supporter, your board access will be removed and enough infraction points retrospectively incurred for trolling posts, to ensure you spend a spell on the sidelines site wide.

We will not always catch everything and we may not act on everything, however the onus is on the posters to check their own behaviour, not the moderators to be 100% consistent (although that is our aim). If we spend a couple of hours cleaning up rubbish, then we may not be as forgiving of breaches as we would be if it had been quiet recently.
A long time reasonable poster may not incur the same punishment as a new poster who has always pushed the boundaries. You make your own reputation and may occasionally be judged based on that reputation. They are the facts of life.

Also on the unique side is the ability to meet up with fellow posters and form friendships and whilst this is great, carrying on as if in a conversation with each other can be exclusionary to other posters. If you make a comment that is an "inside" joke you must be prepared to explain it if asked.

Please don't quote posts from other boards on the Lions board because it's never done for a good reason but mainly done to take stuff out of context, even if it's not tagged/normally quoted. If you want to comment on a post, comment in the thread it was made in. If you don't feel you can make that comment there, maybe you shouldn't be making the comment.

Criticism is fine but personal attacks and name calling are right out. That includes both other posters and in general, including players.

Once more, if you are not sure ...don't post it. Or at the very least ask a moderator.

You are also required to abide by BigFooty.com posting rules which can be found here. It is your responsibility to know and abide by these rules. Playing the "I didn't know the rules" card is NOT an excuse.
Please read and understand the guidelines below for posting on the Brisbane Lions Board. If unclear on anything please ask.

To All Posters

Please refrain from calling people idiots etc, if you disagree with what a poster has said debate the points raised with counter discussion points of your own do not debate the poster. If you make a comment, especially a controversial one, be prepared to back it up - try to avoid "hit and run" posts

Please try and use correct spelling and punctuation – it makes it so much easier for people to respond to you. This ain’t SMS. Use abbreviations sparingly if possible.

Opposition supporters

Constructive and friendly debate is more than welcome.

Please refer to our Sub-board called Roster Watch which should be able to answer any questions you may have regarding our current list. Or simply post a question there for the player you want more information on.

Joining in the spirit of existing satire and friendly banter may also be okay.

Saying you were only joking after you have been infracted = bad luck. If you are not sure and don't make it clear, then don't post it.

Calling us The Bears is only ever used in derogatory terms and even if you consider it a joke we don't, immediate infractions will be issued.

Opposition fans do not have the same right of reply as Brisbane fans.

Personal abuse by an opposition fan will meet with an infraction.

Disrespect towards Brisbane or its players will meet with an infraction.

The moderators reserve the right to interpret your intent as they see fit.

If you want to complain against an infraction via PM or on the boards, you may be rewarded with a further infraction.

The moderators may at any time decide to remove your access to the Brisbane board temporarily or permanently.

Brisbane supporters

You do have the right of reply against opposition supporters, however if your response far outweighs what you are responding to, warnings or infractions may be handed out. Let's remember kids post here too.

Abuse of fellow Brisbane supporters may incur an infraction or a warning.

If you are found to be an opposition supporter posing as a Brisbane supporter, your board access will be removed and enough infraction points retrospectively incurred for trolling posts, to ensure you spend a spell on the sidelines site wide.

We will not always catch everything and we may not act on everything, however the onus is on the posters to check their own behaviour, not the moderators to be 100% consistent (although that is our aim). If we spend a couple of hours cleaning up rubbish, then we may not be as forgiving of breaches as we would be if it had been quiet recently.

A long time reasonable poster may not incur the same punishment as a new poster who has always pushed the boundaries. You make your own reputation and may occasionally be judged based on that reputation. They are the facts of life.

Also on the unique side is the ability to meet up with fellow posters and form friendships and whilst this is great, carrying on as if in a conversation with each other can be exclusionary to other posters. If you make a comment that is an "inside" joke you must be prepared to explain it if asked.

Please don't quote posts from other boards on the Lions board because it's never done for a good reason but mainly done to take stuff out of context, even if it's not tagged/normally quoted. If you want to comment on a post, comment in the thread it was made in. If you don't feel you can make that comment there, maybe you shouldn't be making the comment.

Criticism is fine but personal attacks and name calling are right out. That includes both other posters and in general, including players.

Once more, if you are not sure ...don't post it. Or at the very least ask a moderator.

You are also required to abide by BigFooty.com posting rules which can be found here. It is your responsibility to know and abide by these rules. Playing the "I didn't know the rules" card is NOT an excuse.
Why is it so hard to read? It looks mostly black except for some paragraphs in white and one word in read (i.e the link to the rules page). I had to ask Siri to read it.

Edit: by the way the link is broken. Also I still can’t make forum threads (the button is still not showing).

Why is it so hard to read? It looks mostly black except for some paragraphs in white and one word in read (i.e the link to the rules page). I had to ask Siri to read it.

Edit: by the way the link is broken. Also I still can’t make forum threads (the button is still not showing).
I've fixed up the colouring and the link. Should work fine in dark mode or the light now.

Just FYI in case anyone was wondering, given the prominence of AFLW now - especially with the success of our team - we've noticed we're all really using the main board for AFLW just the same as any other part of the club.

Given that, we'll be shutting down Lions Women's Football with player related threads moving to Roster Watch and other threads moving to the main board.

I can’t see the Non-Lions Discussion thread on the Lions board homepage when I am logged in. I can see it when not logged in, is there a reason for this?
oh i have just noticed this myself in the last few days.

I have no one on ignore that i know of and surely with average of 120 posts a year - im not on anyone's ignore (might be though) :) .

Chief any ideas please?

I have no one on ignore that i know of and surely with average of 120 posts a year - im not on anyone's ignore (might be though) :) .

Chief any ideas please?

Chief any ideas please?

Since you can't see the thread to check - the OP for the non-lions thread is pulpdriver :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief that bonzai add completely ****s up BigFooty on my desktop. Can't scroll down or read any page, and if I try dragging the side bar down, I just get a black and white flashing screen, and that was the closest I've ever come to an epileptic fit, and I did a sh!t load of substances at raves in the 90's.

Chief that bonzai add completely ****s up BigFooty on my desktop. Can't scroll down or read any page, and if I try dragging the side bar down, I just get a black and white flashing screen, and that was the closest I've ever come to an epileptic fit, and I did a sh!t load of substances at raves in the 90's.
Refresh the page and get a different ad.