Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton fans are setting themselves up for disappointment thinking anything like pick 25 and a SANFL player will get the deal done.

They will get us a top 10 pick or miss out on the player they have courted so heavily. Either way Adelaide win...

If I was Reid, I'd run a repeat of the Cameron trade i.e. just set a high price, sit back and wait it out. Carlton won't want to miss out on two high profile trades in one year.
Imagine if the Crows held out. The Blues supporters might even raise an angry snarl

#BigFish
#EmptyNet

So you can’t answer the question? It’s a simple question isn’t it? Especially with the carry on you’ve got like you know more than others about Adelaide

No it's a stupid question and a cheap debating trick.

Divert attention from the issue at hand by asking a question with an unknowable answer, then dance the victory dance.

Just a reminder. The issue at hand is: does Adelaide football Club have a significant morale problem?

Divert attention from the issue at hand by asking a question with an unknowable answer, then dance the victory dance.

Just a reminder. The issue at hand is: does Adelaide football Club have a significant morale problem?

And you have no idea what has happened at Adelaide so it’s probably time to stop pretending like you do

Right. So complain about asking a question with an unknowable answer then asks a question with an unknowable answer

Its an ill-defined question. You first have to state what parameters define general trade movement v get me out of here . Sure requesting a trade to Carlton is indeed a big red flag get me out of here move but it can be replied by ' its only 1 player'

Define morale and your parameters and I'll answer

Asking if Adelaide has a morale problem is an unknowable question too unless you work at the club. I'd suggest morale is pretty good considering our player retention this year but it's impossible to really know for sure.

So many big statements about the trade that will eventuate if one does of course. I'll definitely be watching keenly to see who turns our to be closer.

Trade radio just said something like McGovern will sit out of the game for 2 years, if not traded to Carlton

Is this true or did I hear incorrectly?

Trade radio just said something like McGovern will sit out of the game for 2 years, if not traded to Carlton

I didnt hear it but how does that help McGovern in 2 years time? Sure it hurts the Crows having to carry him and look for ways and means to get him to play . But if McGovern is of a mercenary bent then it doesnt help him at all.

Imagine him sitting out for 2 years??? If his metabolism is the same as his brother then here is at Carlton’s preseason training in 2020

74391EC6-E099-4C11-A441-75F2E1D98C23.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right. So complain about asking a question with an unknowable answer then asks a question with an unknowable answer

Its an ill-defined question. You first have to state what parameters define general trade movement v get me out of here . Sure requesting a trade to Carlton is indeed a big red flag get me out of here move but it can be replied by ' its only 1 player'

Define morale and your parameters and I'll answer

Only one player? Short memory you have.

Morale. Players and club staff pulling in the same direction. Lack of division and or conflict. Absence of both public and private dissatisfaction. An environment where employees feel valued, and are motivated to excel.

You can tap dance as much as you like. Won't change the widely held opinion (pretty much universal outside the club's supporters) that Adelaide is in deep strife in the areas of coherence and morale. And that this is both the primary reason for the catastrophic slide in results, and the greatest challenge faced by the club.

I didnt hear it but how does that help McGovern in 2 years time? Sure it hurts the Crows having to carry him and look for ways and means to get him to play . But if McGovern is of a mercenary bent then it doesnt help him at all.
I may have heard wrong but they were talking McGovern and sitting out of the game.

I personally think it is a tactic from McGovern to make sure crows trade him.

Not many players follow through with threats.

Luke Ball did go into draft after not being traded. I know McGovern still contracted so a different situation.

And if he did... after two years out of the game... any club that wants him would still have to trade for him!... he wont be a free agent at the end of his current contract.

Adelaide would still ask for a first rounder for him which would force him into the draft.. and he could end up anywhere.

This “he’ll sit out” talk is the same thing tgey said about charlie cameron... funny that both players have the same manager.

I may have heard wrong but they were talking McGovern and sitting out of the game.

I personally think it is a tactic from McGovern to make sure crows trade him.

Not many players follow through with threats.

Luke Ball did go into draft after not being traded. I know McGovern still contracted so a different situation.

It was Barrett brought it up in response to a caller.

Only one player? Short memory you have.

Morale. Players and club staff pulling in the same direction. and are motivated to excel.
Like playing in a GF last year? That kind of excelling? Give me shit morale any day over 5 pick 1s

So you'd be happy to force him to stay out of spite and then lose him for nothing at all?

Rose colored glasses are part of supporting football. But even through that tint have you not noticed that your club has a morale problem approaching catastrophic? I've seen happier groups of Seven Eleven employees.

It's generally agreed in football that disaffected players should be moved on for whatever the market will pay (which is not the same thing as what supporters want the market to pay). Of all clubs, I would suggest Adelaide more than any can not afford any more discontent,
Not out of spite. Out of value to the club. I still think he's capable and professional enough to honour his contract and play well.

If I knew that things were at catastrophic levels as you say (from your non biased view of course), then yes I would say let him go and get our shit together. We have problems but not too the level you want them to be.

The club also needs to consider the fact that they can't become a club (we may already be there) who develops players well but will let them go cheaply even under contract.

We should let him go for the right price. There is no need to let a contracted player go cheaply regardless of their issues with the club.
I agree.

However his value may diminish if he wants out that badly.

I still think he gets to Carlton but I have no idea how it gets done. Maybe a very late deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back