Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

And?
750k for a 24 y.o. tall forward = top ten pick.
CONTRACTED = more.

giphy.gif

Yeah for sure.
But its 750k and tall forward so your post doesn’t really add anything.
He’s on 600-650k at Adelaide, he’s not taking a pay cut to go to the wooden spooner. He’s getting a payrise.
He's on around $550K at the Crows, but the rest of your post stands.

Yeah for sure.
But its 750k and tall forward so your post doesn’t really add anything.
He’s on 600-650k at Adelaide, he’s not taking a pay cut to go to the wooden spooner. He’s getting a payrise.
Next thing you will be telling me Jack Graham is a tall forward because he gets named at chf. How come when he plays for adelaide he starts on the forward flank? He's a medium forward every day of the week. If you can't see that then you have no idea about football.

Expecting a first rounder seems a bit rich. If we somehow get a pick around 15, then maybe.

Otherwise you arent hanging onto someone who doesn’t want to be there. Adelaide supporters are failing to recognize this as a big difference from Gibbs.
There's no difference to Gibbs. He desperately wanted to leave, and did so the first chance he could.

Meanwhile, he continued to contribute to the club he was contracted to. McGovern would do the same.

Gibbs didn’t want to be at Carlton, how is that any different?
Carlton fans maintain this fiction that Gibbs being professional = Gibbs not minding that he was still at Carlton, despite how that impacted his family.

It's completely nonsensical.

You are just guessing figures.
He was offered $750k by Freo. Was documented in media reports.

He re-signed for less. Let's say it's $550k, as that's the very least it would be.

He's leaving for money. How much would he need to disrupt his life? Surely, $200k, minimum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs partner was in the same city, MM will be in Adelaide his partner will be in Melbourne.
Don't know about you but to me that's a major difference.
Gibbs' family and his partner's family were in Adelaide, where they wanted to raise their child.

McGovern has a girlfriend doing a course in Melbourne. They'll make it work.

And?
750k for a 24 y.o. tall forward = top ten pick.
CONTRACTED = more.

That's basically saying NO to McGovern's request for a trade. Because 17 other clubs know damn well they won't be giving a pick of that value in return

Whether he signed a contract or not, something that as happened since has seen him upset with the environment. Therefore holding him against his will after such circumstances is a failure to consider player health and wellbeing.

Nobody is saying Adelaide can't demand for overs but as I said, the line will be drawn and any step over it will see the crows severely damage their reputation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gibbs' family and his partner's family were in Adelaide, where they wanted to raise their child.

McGovern has a girlfriend doing a course in Melbourne. They'll make it work.

Are you serious, Do you really believe the Crows will let him fly to Melb on a regular bases.
The extra travel, missed training and recovery sessions and team meetings.
They will put a limit on it which then creates a problem between MM, the Club and probably the playing group.

That's basically saying NO to McGovern's request for a trade. Because 17 other clubs know damn well they won't be giving a pick of that value in return

Whether he signed a contract or not, something that as happened since has seen him upset with the environment. Therefore holding him against his will after such circumstances is a failure to consider player health and wellbeing.

Nobody is saying Adelaide can't demand for overs but as I said, the line will be drawn and any step over it will see the crows severely damage their reputation.
Wtf

Adelaide have declared 24 and 25 wont do it we all know that, I dont care what the bullies did with stronger they arent adelaide

They set a line in the sand last year with CC and said if a trade cant be done he stays family or not.

GOV is worth around pick 10 they wont budge, or he stays

Its really not hard the blues will need to do some trading to satisfy adelaide or he stays the only one that will lose is Gov if the blues cant do it

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've not known a thread to go around in circles so many times. I've read the same arguments for the past 200 pages.
It all comes down to what Adelaide is willing to accept so gov is allowed to break his contract

Maybe we just listen to what adelaide have to say as the ball is well and truly in their court on what they will accept

And the fact the director of footy has spoken publicly helps you would think

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wrong.
SOS had a tantrum over the presser and raised the price of Gibbs to an unreasonable amount in order to save face with Carlton fans.
This tantrum is coming home to roost with the McGovern trade - Adelaide will request more than he is worth. Given SOS’s lecturing on a contracted players worth, Adelaide think SOS will understand.
Stop acting like you have the slightest clue.

I haven't followed this thread closely but is there any chance that McGovern will change his mind and stay at the crows if a deal can not be struck and would the crows welcome back McGovern into the group? Is the relationship too fractured?

We’d damage his health and well being? The poor love, I’m sure his mum will give him a hug to make up for the medieval torture he was put through.

What Crows reputation will be damaged? Being pussies at the trade table? I hope it is damaged.

Typical Adelaide supporters response, a poster tries to explain how they are wrong with the things the sprout, and their reaction is ‘you don’t know what you are talking about’

Listen up your Adelaide drones, yes mcgovern is contracted to you for 2 more years, but we pay what we think he is worth, and if you don’t like it then keep him, we don’t give a shit. We got other more important trades for midfielders we need to focus on
For someone who doesn't care, you post a lot about it .....yes, you care

Hahaha the reason clubs draft on potential is because:

1: The kids are 18 and many years from their prime years

2: They have no exposed form at the top level to measure them.

So so different to basically a 24 year old with 5 years in the system. That's why Jack Watts wasn't traded based on his potential. He was taken at number 1 based on his potential.

I hope you understand the difference otherwise you may be very disappointed with how Carlton assess what he is worth.
You do understand, since you seems to be on top of things ....that it's the seller that dictates the worth, the buyer either pays or the item is not sold ....basic commercial reality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back