Traded Mitch McGovern [traded to Carlton in a three-way trade involving Sydney and McAdam]

Remove this Banner Ad

You're sounding pretty desperate now.
I, like most crows supporters, couldn’t care less really.. would rather a trade didnt occur and Mitch stayed a crow.

The ones that reek of utter desperation are the Carlton supporters in here... keep telling us how they don’t really want him, or if they do get him they don’t wanna see Carlton pay overs blah, blah, blah... they’ve been carrying on like this page after page in this thread...

But as soon as someone suggests he might go elsewhere, or he might simply end up staying at the crows, they start panicking and foaming at the mouth carrying on about him not wanting to play at that club or he’ll be disgruntled if he stays at adelaide!..

It’s actually hilarious...

Obviously they forget chasing Gibbs.
Ahh, nope... another Carlton fanboi trying to rewrite history again I see..

Gibbs approached Adelaide in the 2016 trade week to see if they would be interested in trading for him... gibbs and his manager should’ve told SOS of his intentions first.. and that’s not Adelaide’s fault that he didnt..

But Adelaide never initiated the Gibbs trade saga.

Why not... he’s a wa lad... and all you Carlton supporters keep telling us apparently how mentally fragile he is at adelaide and how desperate he is to get it of there... you’re the one’s make it sound as if he’ll do anything to get out, not us crows supporters.. are you backflipping on this now?..

It’s gonna be interesting if he does pick Carlton, it will pretty much confirm that they have been chasing him since their mouthpiece McClure broke the news mid season.. and if the other rumours about Carlton offering him $700-800k are true too and they then aren’t willing to pony up at the trade table and follow through with the trade then their are gonna be some very pissed off people including McGovern himself.. he and his manager will be filthy on Carlton for a start.

Then the crows would have every right to go to the AFL and lodge a formal complaint about another club not only chasing one of their players mid season (given the unsettling effects this would have) but then, after doing so, not going through with the trade.. it’s getting bad enough with clubs approaching free agents mid season let alone starting to do it with players that still have two years to run on their contracts.
Lels

Ahh, nope... another Carlton fanboi trying to rewrite history again I see..

Gibbs approached Adelaide in the 2016 trade week to see if they would be interested in trading for him... gibbs and his manager should’ve told SOS of his intentions first.. and that’s not Adelaide’s fault that he didnt..

But Adelaide never initiated the Gibbs trade saga.

Reid was into Gibbs from the time he was appointed the Crows list manager.

I, like most crows supporters, couldn’t care less really.. would rather a trade didnt occur and Mitch stayed a crow.

The ones that reek of utter desperation are the Carlton supporters in here... keep telling us how they don’t really want him, or if they do get him they don’t wanna see Carlton pay overs blah, blah, blah... they’ve been carrying on like this page after page in this thread...

But as soon as someone suggests he might go elsewhere, or he might simply end up staying at the crows, they start panicking and foaming at the mouth carrying on about him not wanting to play at that club or he’ll be disgruntled if he stays at adelaide!..

Huh..we’re foaming?!
Laughable!
Pretty sure it was you just moments ago suggesting the crows go to the AFL if Carlton pull out of getting him. :think:
Anyone in their right mind can read through this thread and work out for themselves who are the supporters from any team who have a decent take on the topic.
No need to generalise one entire supporter group over a few individuals you disagree with.
‘Utter desperation’...what... Carlton supporters for McGovern? Get a grip!
Crows supporters are salivating over the prospect of what you could gain for the trade just as much as Carlton (and other team ) supporters are working out what he is worth to their team to gain.
Making it into a schoolyard tantrum just reflects on you.

If he goes elsewhere you’re prob gonna be in the same boat, late first round pick... What are you getting so worked up about? Coming to Carlton would prob be the best result for the crows so long as we get a mid round priority pick. If he chooses Hawthorn their first will be pick 15 at best assuming there is no more priority picks.

Isn’t the reason his going to Victoria to do with his GF and her studies? This rules out WA dosn’t it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh..we’re foaming?!
Laughable!
Pretty sure it was you just moments ago suggesting the crows go to the AFL if Carlton pull out of getting him. :think:
Anyone in their right mind can read through this thread and work out for themselves who are the supporters from any team who have a decent take on the topic.
No need to generalise one entire supporter group over a few individuals you disagree with.
‘Utter desperation’...what... Carlton supporters for McGovern? Get a grip!
Crows supporters are salivating over the prospect of what you could gain for the trade just as much as Carlton (and other team ) supporters are working out what he is worth to their team to gain.
Making it into a schoolyard tantrum just reflects on you.
Well said!

What ever happens is gonna happen no matter what us plebs think. Going back and forth with other posters is just a waste of time, in every trade ever discussed on bigfooty both teams supporters have obviously argued in favour of their own team. No amount of arguing is ever gonna change that.

Wasting your time unless you are just doing it to troll.

Spending a lot of time on stuff you don't care about. :'(

Well said!

What ever happens is gonna happen no matter what us plebs think. Going back and forth with other posters is just a waste of time, in every trade ever discussed on bigfooty both teams supporters have obviously argued in favour of their own team. No amount of arguing is ever gonna change that.

Wasting your time unless you are just doing it to troll.
Look, i’ll Admit I get caught up in debates but there is a point of no return.

What can we agree on:

1. MM is contracted so there's a premium on his regular value. Regular value would be end of 1st, so he'll likely go for around 12-16. If Adelaide want to get a top 5 pick they'll need to do more work for it. MM won't get them there.

2. MM has announced very early he wants out. Hardly any player in the history of AFL trades who has announced an intention to leave this early has not got his wish.

3. MM will announce his club of preference between now and trade week. Hardly any player in the history of AFL trades who has announced a preference has not got his wish.

4. Adelaide have some serious issues they need to address. Partly this appears to stem from the camp, but perhaps there are other issues to do with the leadership, coaching or management that need to be addressed.

What can we agree on:

1. MM is contracted so there's a premium on his regular value. Regular value would be end of 1st, so he'll likely go for around 12-16. If Adelaide want to get a top 5 pick they'll need to do more work for it. MM won't get them there.

2. MM has announced very early he wants out. Hardly any player in the history of AFL trades who has announced an intention to leave this early has not got his wish.

3. MM will announce his club of preference between now and trade week. Hardly any player in the history of AFL trades who has announced a preference has not got his wish.

4. Adelaide have some serious issues they need to address. Partly this appears to stem from the camp, but perhaps there are other issues to do with the leadership, coaching or management that need to be addressed.

Why do i constantly laugh when i see a Carlton Supporter post anything that starts with MM :D:D:D:D:D

Look, i’ll Admit I get caught up in debates but there is a point of no return.

Understandable though the guy is one eyed crow. Everything he brings up is so heavily favoured in his teams favour.

Gibbs situation was he approached them and SOS was a knob for not letting him go... Couldn’t possibly be that they knew Gibbs contract was back ended and that a move back was just as financially motivated as McGovern’s.

McGovern situation is SOS has approached him and offered ridiculous money... couldn’t possibly be that they have actually done some wrong by McGovern and his girlfriend has to move for career opportunities.

Collective minds was all good nothing to see... couldn’t possibly be that the whole thing was a **** up and it actually has effected some people.

He could be right but it could quite easily be the other way to.

Understandable though the guy is one eyed crow. Everything he brings up is so heavily favoured in his teams favour.

Gibbs situation was he approached them and SOS was a knob for not letting him go... Couldn’t possibly be that they knew Gibbs contract was back ended and that a move back was just as financially motivated as McGovern’s.

McGovern situation is SOS has approached him and offered ridiculous money... couldn’t possibly be that they have actually done some wrong by McGovern and his girlfriend has to move for career opportunities.

Collective minds was all good nothing to see... couldn’t possibly be that the whole thing was a **** up and it actually has effected some people.

He could be right but it could quite easily be the other way to.
Yep, just goes around in circles.

Why do i constantly laugh when i see a Carlton Supporter post anything that starts with MM :D:D:D:D:D

We've also got Marc Murphy. I do baulk when I do it but it's a lazy thing.

This is the aspect posters don't get .....they think we want to push him out the door & therefore are desperate ....it couldn't be further from the truth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back