Toast Mitch Duncan - 200 Games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another game, another milestone.

Congrats to Mitch on his 200th game. While his recent form is down on his normal output, he has regularly flown under the radar compared to teammates like Selwood, Danger, Gaz and more recently Tim Kelly, but has been a valuable member of our midfield for at least the last half a dozen years. :thumbsu:

Another game, another milestone.

Congrats to Mitch on his 200th game. While his recent form is down on his normal output, he has regularly flown under the radar compared to teammates like Selwood, Danger, Gaz and more recently Tim Kelly, but has been a valuable member of our midfield for at least the last half a dozen years. :thumbsu:
Consistently under-appreciated by supporters, media and club.
One of the few who kept going in the last quarter last week.

Congrats to Mitch on 200 games - not a bad effort for a player whose been linked with a return to Perth pretty much every off-season

Guess he actually likes it here in Geelong

Getting grumpy? He's played 200 AFL games. Mostly bloody good ones. Let him enjoy it. ;)

No .. not at all ..but the game will have a focus beyond just his game.. different how it might have been if we had been winning. The 200 games will not be as much of a game inspiration .. maybe thats for the best anyway..

Mitchy has been great for us overall.
Moved around over time to accomdoate other players coming to the club and has just gone about it.

Told WA to piss off too, much to the chagrin of some here that were adamant he'd leave

Been a solid building player with great skills for the most part - I think is 2017 year was his best av about 30 touches a game and was clear A grade and bordering on Elite that year - unlucky to not be AA IMO.

Has been shuffled around again since GAJ arrival and output has changed as a result - still a best 22 player and a great asset to the GFC
I will always remember in 2011 GF Darcy commentating saying he's had no effect on the game whilst Mitch stream forward thru 55 and nails on on the run to get us going again.

Congrat Mitchy.

Go Catters

Seems like his career will always be underappreciated, based on the midfield giants he's had to team with along the way.

Still, at his best, just about the best attacking user of the footy by foot in the competition. I simply won't mention what that becomes when he's at his worst...

Seriously, though, 200 games is a fantastic achievement for yet another interstate player who has settled brilliantly well into a long career at the Cattery. And another long bomb from outside 50 in this year's GF (reminiscent of his 2011 effort) would be a very welcome addition to the career highlights reel.

Given his durability, he could still have a few years of good footy left in him as well.

So congrats to TDS (Two Ducks Swimming) and here's to a stellar finish to the year.

my personal favourite Mitch Duncan momement was when myself and the poster formally known as Nakia(and many other things) made up talk of a medical with Freo and it took off last year :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

also i met him out in Geelong one christmas and he was a really really good fella, when i expected him to be a bit arrogant.. so that was good.
I also loved the goal he kicked on the run in the 2011 GF.

Should be the best kick in our side, just needs to drop those silly little nothing passes and use his great attributes.
Good solid run at it though, touch wood but geeze he has been durable... 200 has come around very very quickly

Should be the best kick in our side, just needs to drop those silly little nothing passes and use his great attributes.
Good solid run at it though, touch wood but geeze he has been durable... 200 has come around very very quickly

Just had a quick look. By my calculations, he's only missed about 20 games over the journey since he became a regular under Chris Scott.

I read this article a couple of days ago and was trying to work out where to post it - didn't feel like starting a new thread just for it, and now feel that Duncan's 200th thread is a good spot:

Of the players to register at least 10 shots from outside 50 this season, Geelong's Mitch Duncan is the most accurate player with a stunning 75 per cent conversion rate.

Duncan's accuracy has been remarkable, with nine of his 12 long bombs being on target.

Taking a look at Stats Insider's goalkicking chart, Duncan has missed just one shot out of 12 on the run this year.

Long kicks are clearly his strength and needs to be his go to - hopefully we see more of it over the remainder of the season

I read this article a couple of days ago and was trying to work out where to post it - didn't feel like starting a new thread just for it, and now feel that Duncan's 200th thread is a good spot:

Long kicks are clearly his strength and needs to be his go to - hopefully we see more of it over the remainder of the season

he is an absolutely beutiful kick on the run, and one of those players where he makes it look effortless... he looks a bit rigid and pokes it when trying to go short and either overcooks it or looses his accuracy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he is an absolutely beutiful kick on the run, and one of those players where he makes it look effortless... he looks a bit rigid and pokes it when trying to go short and either overcooks it or looses his accuracy
Always has been, I remember one fantastic goal in 2011 vs the Pies..

It's a good point regarding Duncan's durability. This is only his 10th season on the list, so to be playing his 200th means he is going at over 20 games per year across his whole career - which includes his first year where he only played 8, and 2015 where he played 11 before injuring his foot.

It's very noticeable when you compare it to the other 3 players we took in Duncan's draft, that are still on an AFL list - Menzel (77 games), Vardy (68) & Christensen (129).

A very consistent and often underrated player (I'll ignore the odd shank that has crept into his game for the purpose of this thread!) and, having only recently turned 28, still has plenty of high quality footy left in him.

my personal favourite Mitch Duncan momement was when myself and the poster formally known as Nakia(and many other things) made up talk of a medical with Freo and it took off last year :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

also i met him out in Geelong one christmas and he was a really really good fella, when i expected him to be a bit arrogant.. so that was good.
I also loved the goal he kicked on the run in the 2011 GF.

Met Mitch many years ago with Scottland jnr, he got down almost on his knees to look him in the eye and talk to him face to face. Was a great moment. I’ll never forget what he said “get out of my house you stalker”. Got his autograph on a restraining order too.

Congrats to Mitch on 200 games - not a bad effort for a player whose been linked with a return to Perth pretty much every off-season

Guess he actually likes it here in Geelong

Yep. He's been a very good servant of this footy club. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

He's the sort of player who wins Norm Smith medals. While there are bigger names in the side that everyone 'expects' to win it, he's the type of player who can somewhat unexpectedly have a game-changing influence (e.g. 30 disposals, 3 goals). If we make the GF, he's my pick for NS.

He will always be "Geelong Premiership player". Well done Mitch. I remember when he debuted in the pre-season comp in 2011(?) and he stood out amongst the newbies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back