Teams Minnesota Vikings - Skol Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH when contrasted with last years match vs Eagles, this was a better performance

Yeah, can't be overly upset at it, I feared the worst and at one stage it looked like it was going to happen.

Some glaring issues to sort out obviously with early play calling, turnovers, OL, particularly in the run game & of course the Run D was horrible today to name a few haha.

Horror schedule this year, Ekeler and Kelley would be licking their lips watching that as well, so they better find something quickly :sweatsmile:

Yeah, can't be overly upset at it, I feared the worst and at one stage it looked like it was going to happen.

Some glaring issues to sort out obviously with early play calling, turnovers, OL, particularly in the run game & of course the Run D was horrible today to name a few haha.

Horror schedule this year, Ekeler and Kelley would be licking their lips watching that as well, so they better find something quickly :sweatsmile:
Yeah, we were in it during the first half but kept fumbling. I feel like there are more bad OLs in the NFL then good ones tbh, especially given the injuries that always happen in their position.

Run D was horrible but overall I thought D was OK, but yeah got pretty tired by the 3rd quarter and the offence couldn't hold possession. At least the pass D is significantly better than last year :tearsofjoy:

I listened to the preseason podcast posted earlier in this thread, and basically as they said: we will play better this year, but lose more (granted I didn't watch last week's game so might've played worse). Fixture is bloody tough too so playoffs will be unlikely :(

Yeah, we were in it during the first half but kept fumbling. I feel like there are more bad OLs in the NFL then good ones tbh, especially given the injuries that always happen in their position.

Yeah, Darrisaw down to Udoh is not something we ever need.

About Time GIF

Good to get a win finally.
Didn't watch the game but saw the highlights - good defensive plays in the second half seemed to turn the match in our favour. Akers cameo appearance also got some decent gains.

Still don't think we are much of a chance in terms of making playoffs (esp. w/ KC to come this week), but I'll take the wins when they come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kirk Cousins is expected to remain with the Vikings for the rest of the 2023 season, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Cousins is not expected to waive his full no-trade clause, so even if the Vikings wanted to move him it would not be possible. Speculation has been abound about his future with the team, as he is in the final year of his current contract and Minnesota is 1-4 entering Week 6 -- three games out of first place. Adding in the absence of Justin Jefferson (hamstring), it appears that it's a longshot for the team to make a run at the postseason. Nevertheless, Cousins appears set to play out his contract in Minnesota.

Kirk Cousins is expected to remain with the Vikings for the rest of the 2023 season, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Cousins is not expected to waive his full no-trade clause, so even if the Vikings wanted to move him it would not be possible. Speculation has been abound about his future with the team, as he is in the final year of his current contract and Minnesota is 1-4 entering Week 6 -- three games out of first place. Adding in the absence of Justin Jefferson (hamstring), it appears that it's a longshot for the team to make a run at the postseason. Nevertheless, Cousins appears set to play out his contract in Minnesota.

Can't think of anyone who would trade for him , would need an injury to a Superbowl contending teams QB at this point I reckon.

Giants would potentially be the sort of team who would be interested, but with Jones' contract I doubt they could fit him in.

Seem like the two most likely ones. Even if Jones' contract is an albatross, can they eat it?

Maybe with a bit of shuffling contracts, they have an out on Jones' deal after two years I know that.
Tannehill is on an expiring contract, could potentially see that working. Tannehill+ picks for Cousins. Vikings let Tannehill walk at the end of the season, only there so the contracts balance out.

They aren't bringing in Cousins with Rodgers having no desire to retire.

Rodgers isn’t playing again this season and cousins is only under contract for this season so they would get compensation when cousins leaves next off season. It’s jet only shot at making the playoffs.

Rodgers isn’t playing again this season and cousins is only under contract for this season so they would get compensation when cousins leaves next off season. It’s jet only shot at making the playoffs.

Tell me how you think Rodgers would react if they did? All youre doing is creating a controversy and divide within the organisation.

The offence wouldn't be doing much better than it currently is if Rodgers was playing, so no point bringing in Cousins

Looks like Richardson is done for the year for colts are they a destination for cousins for this year only ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back