Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Drafting for fit at the pointy end of the draft is crazy... so because it's the horncats, maybe you're right 😂
You’re right 😂😂 although…

NCAA tournament aside.. Miller has good claims to be the 2nd best prospect in this draft class.. the ceiling is higher than scoots as 6’2 scoring guards don’t generally win you titles. I’d say scoots floor is about as high as a draftees can get. But a 6’9 wing who can do almost everything will be a very appealing to pair with Melo

Can someone who has any idea what the * NBA salary rules mean explain what our cap situation is?

I.e. how much can we offer Naz/NAW, what is likely to be left for perimeter moves without going into tax, etc.
It's all about Bird Rights, if you have drafted them or traded them in you are able to offer more than other teams. How much is based on the length of time they have played with your team.

A team gets a player’s full Bird Rights if they spend three years with their team without leaving in free agency.

Once a player becomes a free agent their Bird Rights reset.

Taking the over on the wolves this season, 45-50 wins
Tim Connelly is by far the best executive they've had since I've followed the team and pretty safe to assume before then as well.

Pumped for this year. Bench has plenty of depth and options. Hopefully Kat and Rudy have worked out their spacing, some good signs in the pre season. Weird feeling reading some media predicting top 6 finishes.

This. Didn't take long.
Certainly not an ideal start. Bench was horrendous. KAT fluctuated between great and disgustingly bad. Ant's decision-making was awful. Gobert was great but one of very few.

There are stretches where it all looks to come together...then we stop moving off the ball and lose all offensive flow and panic on defence and suddenly we're down 10. Always the same story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to laugh when I saw Toronto couldnt hit anything from 3 against the Bulls. Thought the Wolves were unlucky against them, they shot the lights out

Its finally on

Cannot trade KAT soon enough, huge statement win where everyone else played great and he capitulated again.
Gobert trending towards DPOY, Naz looking like 6th man of the year and Edwards looks like the face of the league.

Tim Connelly has built two contenders in from small markets

I havent put much thought into what they might get back for him, so this might not even make sense but I'd love to replace him with Gordan Hayward(looks amazing atm). Would kind of double up on the Anderson Point forward role, more insurance if Conley gets hurt.
Don't really lose KATs floor spacing but on court IQ and temperament goes way up.
This team has everything, its just Towns' stupid decision-making potentially holding them back.

Need to see it sustained, Finch has said as much himself. KAT is the biggest concern moving forward though yes. Nearly gave the game away yesterday in the 4th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back