Mininera and District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2006
VIC
AFL Club
Fremantle
Noticed there is nothing on the Mininera League here.

I grew up in Penshurst and the old man played at Hawkesdale (just before the merger).

What's the current situation over there? Grounds ok to play on?

Anyone willing to post 2007 premiership odds?

Noticed there is nothing on the Mininera League here.

I grew up in Penshurst and the old man played at Hawkesdale (just before the merger).
What's the current situation over there? Grounds ok to play on?
Anyone willing to post 2007 premiership odds?

About time someone got a thread started on MDFL. Tattyoon would have to be favourites again, probably opening at odds of 3/1.

Also heard that the wheels have fallen off at Lake Bolac.....and a lot of players/committee are walking....

Any rumour on recruits at any clubs??

Yeah i heard that a few are leaving bolac and that they will struggle this year.
Neil Kelly from worndoo is going to lismore in a coaching role. Lehmann is going to caramut.
Any other news out there?
Tatyoon looking pretty strong again this year

Yeah i heard that a few are leaving bolac and that they will struggle this year.
Neil Kelly from worndoo is going to lismore in a coaching role. Lehmann is going to caramut.
Any other news out there?
Tatyoon looking pretty strong again this year

Would be surprised if Kelly leaves Woorndoo as he has family who are all involved there. Overated player in my opinion loved by the umpires. There is no way he was the best player in the league last year. He got three votes in round 18 last year when SMW Rovers thrashed them by 15 goals........mate of mine tells me he spent the second half on the bench injured!!
Whisper is the McGuiness's are not returning to Lake Bolac this year and a number of others are following that lead. Coach Leigh Russell is looking to go back to Rokewood.

Im pretty sure kelly is leaving - ass. coach at lismore and he approached them. Same against Tatyoon - only played half a game. Dean McGuinness is playing at Leopold in the geelong league. Most of their younger players are leaving too.
hear ewing and ferguson are leaving glen to play for imperials

Im pretty sure kelly is leaving - ass. coach at lismore and he approached them. Same against Tatyoon - only played half a game. Dean McGuinness is playing at Leopold in the geelong league. Most of their younger players are leaving too.

I heard that also about Glen, might be losing a couple to have a run in Hamilton. They tend to rescruit pretty well though

Without knowing much about club lossess and recruits I will throw in an early ladder prediction:
Tatty
Glen-Dunk
Rovers (Hurt by injuries last season / getting a few players back)
Wicky-Bolac (Will come back a few pegs )
Lismore-Derri (Hurt by injuries last season)
Penshurst

Caramut (Improving but lack class)
Hawksdale-Mac
Woorndoo-Mortlake (Need a quality coach & 10 players)
Moyston-Willaura (Will take ten years to recover)

my ladder would be:
Tatyoon
Glen
Lismore
Penshurst
SMW Rovers

Wicky
Hawksdale
Caramut
Moyston
Worndoo

Moyston have picked up a few ararat eagles players and will be a 10 goal better side - they werent far off for the first half in most games.
Lismore might be the dark horse

Who is coaching Penshurst and who are their gun players this year?

Jay Everall is Penshurst Coach. No word on players.

Dean Jenkinson (Jumbo) - is returning as coach of Glen-Dunkeld.

And an article in the Ararat Addy today says that Mick Jennings has taken over as coach of Wicliffe-LB.

my ladder would be:
Tatyoon
Glen
Lismore
Penshurst
SMW Rovers

Wicky
Hawksdale
Caramut
Moyston
Worndoo

Moyston have picked up a few ararat eagles players and will be a 10 goal better side - they werent far off for the first half in most games.
Lismore might be the dark horse

Who is coaching the SMW rovers? Do they have any gun recruits? It seems as though they only need 1 or 2 to give them a chance at the big one.

Who is coaching the SMW rovers? Do they have any gun recruits? It seems as though they only need 1 or 2 to give them a chance at the big one.

Mike Loader coaching again at Rovers, still to early to talk about recruits but whisper is they have a few coming back to the club. Mixed with a few of the young blokes coming through, this could top them up nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have any info on who is leaving clubs?
I heard that the keilers are leaving dunkeld along with ferguson and ewing.

Seems your mail on Neil Kelly was correct. Looks like he will be coaching at Lismore-Derri this season. Big move to turn his back on Woorndoo but I guess he is looking for some success. Is a good player but not sure if he has anything as a coach. Should add to Lismore's midfield strength anyway.

Have heard that a few good players from lismore are leaving and heading camperdown way. Tatyoon losing a few aswell

Yeah you are on the money leather magnet. Jarrod Blandford to england. Eric Fisher playing in geelong, Ash Bryant has gone to Shepparton. Should be some good inclusions though - Andy Tucker from Mildura, Rob Richardson might be pulling the boots back on and a few in the pipeline.

Yeah you are on the money leather magnet. Jarrod Blandford to england. Eric Fisher playing in geelong, Ash Bryant has gone to Shepparton. Should be some good inclusions though - Andy Tucker from Mildura, Rob Richardson might be pulling the boots back on and a few in the pipeline.

Is there any talk of the grounds situation in MDFL? i see taty is not looking to good and i heard bolac is stuffed! Can anyone giveme some details about Tim Mcdougall? what happened to him last year? also is the rumour that Damian Cameron is also leaving tatyoon, would be a big loss for taty, can't see Rovers pushing the top sideswith loader as coach! need a change i reckon

In regards to the ground situation - i believe that most grounds will be fine. Tatyoon and Bolac might not be right for the start of the season but it wouldnt take much rain to get them up. Tim McDougall missed about 10 weeks last year with hamstring problems. Ran around in the 2's for the finals just to have a kick - was never fully fit. Damian Cameron will stay at Taty but might miss some games due to work commitments. What else is news around the league - not long to go now!

In regards to the ground situation - i believe that most grounds will be fine. Tatyoon and Bolac might not be right for the start of the season but it wouldnt take much rain to get them up. Tim McDougall missed about 10 weeks last year with hamstring problems. Ran around in the 2's for the finals just to have a kick - was never fully fit. Damian Cameron will stay at Taty but might miss some games due to work commitments. What else is news around the league - not long to go now!

Well on reading the Ararat paper last friday i see bolac look to sign an ex afl player from warrnambool way! can tell you it is not Scott Turner as i was talking to him on saturday! My money is on Brad Scholl from Port Fairy! WIll the Loss of Sean McDougall to Rooster, Andrew Ward Jarrod Blandford and Andrew Mcdougall effect the team much??? Is there any 2's players who can step up??

.... can't see Rovers pushing the top sideswith loader as coach! need a change i reckon

Have to disagree with you here Rat. Loads is a fantastic coach and well respected at Mininera. Rovers will be the darkhorse this season. Signings will be unveiled shortly but a few quality players on the radar. Why do you think Rovers will struggle??

Is the rumour that Shane Hitchcock is not running around again this year true?? That will leave the Full FOrward position wide open! maybe room for Alex Mcdougall

Have to disagree with you here Rat. Loads is a fantastic coach and well respected at Mininera. Rovers will be the darkhorse this season. Signings will be unveiled shortly but a few quality players on the radar. Why do you think Rovers will struggle??

Just think they don't gel well as a team and there is a lot of onfield fighting and sooking once they start getting done! Wilson is a prime example!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back