Millewa Football League 2009 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league must put something in place because it really is getting ridiculous. Salary Cap would never work as it's to hard to police so a points system is probably the only viable alternative. Surely through VCFL contacts the powers that be could investigate what has worked in other leagues, perhaps it's in the to hard basket.
Points for Senior games played is one option. We could grade each surrounding league and if you played a more senior then reserve games in your last season you qualify as a senior player therefore say 4 points and 2 as a reserve grade player and so on. Interstate recruits would just be 2 points across the board. Each year a player goes down by one point and clubs would have a pro rata rating dependent on ladder position at the end of the season. Each team is only allowed to field a side valued at 'X' amount of points per game.

Not perfect but clearly better then what is in place......NOTHING!

The problem would be clubs could then look at recruiting younger players from other leagues which wouldn't be popular.

There is no perfect system but if the league and club Presidents don't pull there fingers out and stop being selfish the league will not be here for the long term.

As Hill said the power clubs are in a perfect position to embrace this now as they have alreayd stocked there playing lists and it wouldn't be back dated so they would continue to sit pretty at the top for years to come.

The league must put something in place because it really is getting ridiculous. Salary Cap would never work as it's to hard to police so a points system is probably the only viable alternative. Surely through VCFL contacts the powers that be could investigate what has worked in other leagues, perhaps it's in the to hard basket.
Points for Senior games played is one option. We could grade each surrounding league and if you played a more senior then reserve games in your last season you qualify as a senior player therefore say 4 points and 2 as a reserve grade player and so on. Interstate recruits would just be 2 points across the board. Each year a player goes down by one point and clubs would have a pro rata rating dependent on ladder position at the end of the season. Each team is only allowed to field a side valued at 'X' amount of points per game.

Not perfect but clearly better then what is in place......NOTHING!

The problem would be clubs could then look at recruiting younger players from other leagues which wouldn't be popular.

There is no perfect system but if the league and club Presidents don't pull there fingers out and stop being selfish the league will not be here for the long term.

As Hill said the power clubs are in a perfect position to embrace this now as they have alreayd stocked there playing lists and it wouldn't be back dated so they would continue to sit pretty at the top for years to come.

I can so no reason why a points system couldn't be back dated. It would simple mean an examination of existing lists. Top clubs could have a handicap of a lesser points total bottom clubs more points. The sooner it kicks in the better the league.

can someone answer my 3 questions?

1. any recruits at werrimul ive herd a few merbein boys going that way?
2. what are your predictions for the ladder?
3. what is happening at bomberland are they going to fill a side this year?

Really! Thought there could've been a bit more to it thats all. So seems to be divided at Cardy again.Rolfe coaching, who's his assistant?
Easty is assistant and yeah your right, they just can't seem to keep anything together out there, always some sort of upheavel, a real shame because there is potential for the club with it being close to Mildura and Red Cliffs for example.

They have had over 20 players to each training session so far so thats a good start this time of year.

Usually it' bsecause the other guy gets more votes;), In this case it was because he got 1 more vote
Im sure it would of been by more if proxies hadnt been forgotten.
Unfortunately I believe the old committee sort of peeted out towards the end with many changes throughout the year as well.
With all positions now filled ,many hope that it will now stabilize the club for the future

Im sure it would of been by more if proxies hadnt been forgotten.
Unfortunately I believe the old committee sort of peeted out towards the end with many changes throughout the year as well.
With all positions now filled ,many hope that it will now stabilize the club for the future
Many have hoped, for many years, I guess you have to be optimistic though:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many have hoped, for many years, I guess you have to be optimistic though:)

Couldn't agree more Skeet! I'd say there are more of the old crew there than you suggest. I believe it's a case of not being able to let go for many people out at Cardy. They just don't like change for some reason.
Also, what the hell is happening with the rooms out there? Weren't they suppose to be finished midway through 07'?

this statement is completely false
Less????? :eek:
Either way good luck to them, they certainly had the player numbers last year, hopefully this season they can get a few more wins on the board and i'm sure players like Ransome will definately contribute to that.
But in all seriousness i would love to be able to shower out there after a game, it makes standing around the fire enjoying a frothy a bit more pleasant when we don't all stink.

Less????? :eek:
Either way good luck to them, they certainly had the player numbers last year, hopefully this season they can get a few more wins on the board and i'm sure players like Ransome will definately contribute to that.
But in all seriousness i would love to be able to shower out there after a game, it makes standing around the fire enjoying a frothy a bit more pleasant when we don't all stink.

Think that smell might be the No.10 from the lions!:D:D:D

Have heard 1 Brad Duscher has lost a heap of weight and is very fit. Could go alright for werrimull if he plays there this year. Has the skill but is the deication there? I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back