Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millewa Football League

players come and go and so does money.
Obviously Bamb$ll were so embarrassed
with not making finals (yet paying players well) last year, they have to do something.

Bambill did make the finals last year and were knocked out by Cardross in the first week.

Bambill did make the finals last year and were knocked out by Cardross in the first week.

Making the top four in a 7 team comp is not hard, even more so when you consider the quality of the bottom two sides.

Bambill Should be upset at finishing 4th when they are paying a fair bit out.

Nangi will have to shell out some coin this year to get the players back and for the new coach they picked up.

Werrimul usually throw a bit around as well.

Making the top four in a 7 team comp is not hard, even more so when you consider the quality of the bottom two sides.

Bambill Should be upset at finishing 4th when they are paying a fair bit out.

Nangi will have to shell out some coin this year to get the players back and for the new coach they picked up.

Werrimul usually throw a bit around as well.

No it isn't hard but they did struggle all year to fill a side and i'm pretty sure that they didn't dish that much out last year! Could be wrong tho!!!!!

Was only 6 teams in the comp last year too!!!! Which i spose makes it worse?

with regards to Nangi, most of good players went to Muringur, while nangi went carrot picking last year.
How are they going to get a clearance when that would make muringur struggle?
Clacker, would he go back to Nangi?
Macca, being the new league prez, has got his work cut out for him come clearance time.

with regards to Nangi, most of good players went to Muringur, while nangi went carrot picking last year.
How are they going to get a clearance when that would make muringur struggle?
Clacker, would he go back to Nangi?
Macca, being the new league prez, has got his work cut out for him come clearance time.

Don't think it would be that hard for Clacka as he was with Nangi for long time before they sat the season out.

spoke to someone from Cardy last night.
They have started training.
Seems like they have picked up alot of players from the same league.
It must be the club to play at this year with the new developments of the clubrooms and the Grand final play off , helps i suppose.
Some new players from outside the league as well.

spoke to someone from Cardy last night.
They have started training.
Seems like they have picked up alot of players from the same league.
It must be the club to play at this year with the new developments of the clubrooms and the Grand final play off , helps i suppose.
Some new players from outside the league as well.

Any Names????

i dont think i should share them on a public forum when it was a private chat btw friends.
Best you keep it that way mate, word is they have been poaching players all over the place and the coach is even looking to get some players from his original club.
Don't know how good that info is but time will tell, seems a lot of underhanded stuff is going on out in the millewa this year

"poaching players"
is that what you call underhanded?[/quot
i call underhanded a bloke tht lies,makes himself out to be somones his not,.. deep down really is a lil sissy n is not man enough to face up to his weaknessess, so takes the easy way out, work the rest out for ur self........

"poaching players"
is that what you call underhanded?[/quot
i call underhanded a bloke tht lies,makes himself out to be somones his not,.. deep down really is a lil sissy n is not man enough to face up to his weaknessess, so takes the easy way out, work the rest out for ur self........
Take it easy chugga, its obvious some guys can't cut it in the big league anymore so they chase cash and pretend they are somebody cos they think their old club owes them something, well no it just doesn't work like that, everyone here know who the guys are who take the easy way out

Take it easy chugga, its obvious some guys can't cut it in the big league anymore so they chase cash and pretend they are somebody cos they think their old club owes them something, well no it just doesn't work like that, everyone here know who the guys are who take the easy way out
The easy way out of what?

do i sence sour grapes here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best you keep it that way mate, word is they have been poaching players all over the place and the coach is even looking to get some players from his original club.
Don't know how good that info is but time will tell, seems a lot of underhanded stuff is going on out in the millewa this year

"Poaching Players" a practice Merbein are all to familiar with Wellsy! Not that anyone would go out there these days.

Poaching Players is the term used by the people who have lost blokes to another club .......... good recruiting is the term used when you are the club picking up the new blokes.
It is part of footy and everyone does it!

To get upset about it is hypocritical because and some stage your club will benefit from 'poaching'.

Very very quiet lads!!!!!

Whats happening out in the MFL? Nothing is being said about The Roos. Is Isaacs still coaching or did Aaron Walder get the job, which he wanted last year?

Steven Bowden is Coach of Euston.
Good that Euston has a coach but will he be able to attract the players needed to compete with the likes of Golly/Werrimul/Bambil and co?
Has coached Robinvale 2s and has some good contacts at both Rob & Sth but getting them cleared is the difficult part.
Great bloke, hope he goes well!!:thumbsu:

Steven Bowden is Coach of Euston.
Good that Euston has a coach but will he be able to attract the players needed to compete with the likes of Golly/Werrimul/Bambil and co?
Has coached Robinvale 2s and has some good contacts at both Rob & Sth but getting them cleared is the difficult part.
Great bloke, hope he goes well!!:thumbsu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkie
Has any1 else heard that steve bowden is coaching euston? I was told by several robinvale lads that he had signed to coach the bombers and had promised them he would be able to bring som handy players with him

Well they will certainly need the players....... I heard they were very shakey to even get a side together this year. Not sure where he will get the players from, could not see too many people putting their hand up to play out there.
Thanks for the update, again I can't see them having any joy this year no matter who these contacts are. Agree a good bloke and good luck to him, but he is jumping onto a sinking ship. Euston will not be around for much longer.

A Clarke/P Marciano & T Best all following Bowden from sths to Euston with the later apparently travelling at some time.
Pretty handy inclusions if cleared?

A Clarke/P Marciano & T Best all following Bowden from sths to Euston with the later apparently travelling at some time.
Pretty handy inclusions if cleared?

Seeing Besty and Chopper are from Euston you think they would have no problem getting a clearance.

I'm sure south will try to convince clarkey to stay at the kennel seeing he has the potential to play senior footy.He just has to decide whether he wants to have a real crack at it and get fit enough.

Reading on the Sunraysia thread that Mal Miller is going to Euston with Bowden.

Been told that Miller has signed with ouyen for 2007. Thank god as most teams in the Millewa would need to put 2-3 players on him just to contain him. I've seen him make some very good defenders in sunraysia look silly

Been told that Miller has signed with ouyen for 2007. Thank god as most teams in the Millewa would need to put 2-3 players on him just to contain him. I've seen him make some very good defenders in sunraysia look silly

Miller has definitely signed at Ouyen. Trained last night.

Great!
now we can put the "Miller saga" in the solved basket.
i was starting to lose sleep over that.

It appears most clubs have or are about to start Preseason training, can anyone share some of the new faces into the league. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back