Millewa 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are a fu@#ing tool! Send me a private msg and we will meet some where so i can STOMP your face into the ground:mad:

Don't worry E7, us blokes down at Bambill think the same of him. Yeah it's nice to have a couple wins on the board, and to be playing some good footy, but in no way are we getting ahead of ourselves and carrying on like BBBS.

Anyhoo, what are peoples thoughts for this weekends round of games?
Should be a cracker out at the Lake with the Pies and Golly.

Don't worry E7, us blokes down at Bambill think the same of him. Yeah it's nice to have a couple wins on the board, and to be playing some good footy, but in no way are we getting ahead of ourselves and carrying on like BBBS.

Should be a cracker out at the Lake with the Pies and Golly.[/quote]
On what grounds? The Pies were terrible against what i believe is an average side in Cardy last week and to compound things they have even more outs then the week before. (Sounds like excuses i know but it's not, every team has injuries, good teams deal with them)
No biggie though, it will be nice to get a look at Golly because it's a long season and I reckon the Pies will improve big time later in the year. I wonder if Belly will suit up, apparently he did against Cardy but didn't go on.
Bambill Vs Meringur match of the round for mine.

Should be a cracker out at the Lake with the Pies and Golly.[/quote]
On what grounds? The Pies were terrible against what i believe is an average side in Cardy last week and to compound things they have even more outs then the week before. (Sounds like excuses i know but it's not, every team has injuries, good teams deal with them)
No biggie though, it will be nice to get a look at Golly because it's a long season and I reckon the Pies will improve big time later in the year. I wonder if Belly will suit up, apparently he did against Cardy but didn't go on.
Bambill Vs Meringur match of the round for mine.

hmm...... i wouldn't say average... they showed you lot up. your lot were simply out played. :|

If Bell was to play, who would play on him?
Vandy away this week at a family show in Melbourne.
Rumours around Tim Robertson out for the season? (work committments?)

Not a easy task for any backman but idealy it would be Phil Gourlay or James Graham. Even then he would still kick a few purely on his size and ability no matter who ya put onto him. What about the other 3 who can kick goals to as this is the problem you need to stack your backline but then you sacrifice your own game by doing that. :confused::cool:

It is the delivery that is the key and if you can limit that then you are half way there from stopping Belly/Vadj/Sherwell & Bruhn getting to many. Not likely though........:eek::thumbsdown:

Regardless of whos not playing they have the depth to cover these loses as they have talent/height/pace/experience & they are fit. :footy:

Will take a very discipline side to beat them or they may just have a bad day!!!!!:mad:

If Bell was to play, who would play on him?
Vandy away this week at a family show in Melbourne.
Rumours around Tim Robertson out for the season? (work committments?)
Probably wouldn't matter would it, he was near impossible to stop in SFL so i can't see much changing.
Tim Robertson out for the season hey..... I heard he was really looking forward to playing against me after my comment i thought he was overrated. Apparently going to "knock my block off". Join the list champ! Oh well ,only rumours at this stage, he may still play. Hopefully he does and gets his the chance later in the year:thumbsu:

Not a easy task for any backman but idealy it would be Phil Gourlay or James Graham. Even then he would still kick a few purely on his size and ability no matter who ya put onto him. What about the other 3 who can kick goals to as this is the problem you need to stack your backline but then you sacrifice your own game by doing that. :confused::cool:

It is the delivery that is the key and if you can limit that then you are half way there from stopping Belly/Vadj/Sherwell & Bruhn getting to many. Not likely though........:eek::thumbsdown:

Regardless of whos not playing they have the depth to cover these loses as they have talent/height/pace/experience & they are fit. :footy:

Will take a very discipline side to beat them or they may just have a bad day!!!!!:mad:

Either way Gol Gol with one leg in the air!! (with Bell perched on the pine)
Seems that you're recruiting may have come up a little short of the mark!

:thumbsu:
Seems that you're recruiting may have come up a little short of the mark![/quote]

I think u are a little off the mark FW!:eek:

Out injured or unavailable were: Ryan Tierney/Francis Kelly/Matt Leader/Brendan Marr/Phil Gourlay/Lowan O'Connor & Jamie Keenan along with 2 others. Our whole spine were missing along with some very handy footballers. :D:thumbsu:

Golly were near full strength an we just ran out of legs in the last half but we were more than competitive plus we entered inside 50 just as many times thanks largely to a BOG performance from Paul Jenkins but didnt have anyone to take a grab because of our outs.

Remember its only round 6 and there is plenty of footy an injuries to happen between now an then. Who knows.......??:confused:;)

Seems that you're recruiting may have come up a little short of the mark![/quote]

I think u are a little off the mark FW!:eek:

Out injured or unavailable were: Ryan Tierney/Francis Kelly/Matt Leader/Brendan Marr/Phil Gourlay/Lowan O'Connor & Jamie Keenan along with 2 others. Our whole spine were missing along with some very handy footballers. :D:thumbsu:

Golly were near full strength an we just ran out of legs in the last half but we were more than competitive plus we entered inside 50 just as many times thanks largely to a BOG performance from Paul Jenkins but didnt have anyone to take a grab because of our outs.

Remember its only round 6 and there is plenty of footy an injuries to happen between now an then. Who knows.......??:confused:;)
Don't you hate when you get smashed by 13 goals and you come up with who you had out, oldest and lamest trick in the book Big Rig...Full strength, well lets add Ashley Pullman, last years captain Lee Crane, Clinton Cook from Mildura, Brent Johns, Alex Barber and Dallas Bailey but hey that would be near full strength and then maybe Belly might actually play where he may hurt sides.....But you go with the fact you had more out than us if it makes you sleep well at night....:thumbsu:

Don't you hate when you get smashed by 13 goals and you come up with who you had out, oldest and lamest trick in the book Big Rig...Full strength, well lets add Ashley Pullman, last years captain Lee Crane, Clinton Cook from Mildura, Brent Johns, Alex Barber and Dallas Bailey but hey that would be near full strength and then maybe Belly might actually play where he may hurt sides.....But you go with the fact you had more out than us if it makes you sleep well at night....:thumbsu:

Another FW on the site spruiking how Golly has it already rapped it up!!:thumbsdown:
Yes the score suggests we got flogged an yes no excuses on the day but as i said we have some quality players to come back in an will be far more competitive next round. Never said we would beat ya or would the win flag just pointing out some facts. Just replying to Sonny who was nice enough to point out the recruiting had come up short in Rd 6.:thumbsdown::confused:

The players you have to come in will only give you what you already have on the field now no superstars just blokes that will be solid like saturday.

We had blokes on saturday that play a few games a year an fill in when we need them an the blokes we have to come in are spine players an quality users of the ball plus forwards that can mark & kick goals.

Oh well to knowavale apparently so we will aim for 2011 hey Fwits!!:eek:;)

Another FW on the site spruiking how Golly has it already rapped it up!!:thumbsdown:
Yes the score suggests we got flogged an yes no excuses on the day but as i said we have some quality players to come back in an will be far more competitive next round. Never said we would beat ya or would the win flag just pointing out some facts. Just replying to Sonny who was nice enough to point out the recruiting had come up short in Rd 6.:thumbsdown::confused:

The players you have to come in will only give you what you already have on the field now no superstars just blokes that will be solid like saturday.

We had blokes on saturday that play a few games a year an fill in when we need them an the blokes we have to come in are spine players an quality users of the ball plus forwards that can mark & kick goals.

Oh well to knowavale apparently so we will aim for 2011 hey Fwits!!:eek:;)
I would hate a member of my committee calling a rival club fwits???? Didnt think you would stoop that low to label a rival club fwits, not even going to get into a slinging match as I like most blokes at your club even skeeterman but as a member of your committee labelling another club fwits, you have problems. And just for the record I never had a go at your recruits or what you have on the park, just sick of clubs saying who they have out when they get belted....chins up

I would hate a member of my committee calling a rival club fwits???? Didnt think you would stoop that low to label a rival club fwits, not even going to get into a slinging match as I like most blokes at your club even skeeterman but as a member of your committee labelling another club fwits, you have problems. And just for the record I never had a go at your recruits or what you have on the park, just sick of clubs saying who they have out when they get belted....chins up

Get over it just a friendly banter between 2 competitive sides who hate losing an want the best for both clubs. Take it on the chin bigboy i reckon you have been called worse than that in your times??:D:thumbsu:

I will spell out in black an white so u understand where im coming from.
If you had eight or so outs on a weekend like we did the similar players would be: Sherwell/Penny/McIverney/Anderson/Vandenberg/Robinson/Johns an a few fringe players. How would you guys go without them??:eek:

Anyway will leave at that so enjoy your premiership this year an we will just keep plodding along an see if we can win a few more games during the year.........;):rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: 2010 season

Thats right no excuses, I could say we have Jamie Keenan , Matty Leader Phil Gourlay to come back into the side and Sam Curran in another month if his knee comes up alright. Also Simon Prymke could be moving home and I'm sure i'll find a spot for him in the side.

But.... you put your best side on the field each week and thats how you get judged.. as coach I wasn't happy with our second half of 3 goals 11 behinds, as we should of won by 10+ Goals. I'm sure next time we meet both line ups will be near full tilt and should be a cracker match.

Hope you can put Prymke and Curran on the park some time soon!
Like you've said no excuses (but we had a few out)

Get over it just a friendly banter between 2 competitive sides who hate losing an want the best for both clubs. Take it on the chin bigboy i reckon you have been called worse than that in your times??:D:thumbsu:

I will spell out in black an white so u understand where im coming from.
If you had eight or so outs on a weekend like we did the similar players would be: Sherwell/Penny/McIverney/Anderson/Vandenberg/Robinson/Johns an a few fringe players. How would you guys go without them??:eek:

Anyway will leave at that so enjoy your premiership this year an we will just keep plodding along an see if we can win a few more games during the year.........;):rolleyes:
Your right we do want the best for our clubs but I hope noone from our club, let alone our Committee would label your club fwits!!!! Do you think that wont rub a few blokes the wrong way...

Your right we do want the best for our clubs but I hope noone from our club, let alone our Committee would label your club fwits!!!! Do you think that wont rub a few blokes the wrong way...

Yeh maybe wrong term just get sick of blokes bagging me for something i do for nothing an that i am passionate about.:thumbsu:

Why write the shit like GOT THE VIBE SONNY did as it is arrogant an rubs people like myself up the wrong way.:thumbsdown:

All i was doing was defending myself as i think we will be a far better team the next time we meet an in a way i defending the players on saturday who did a terrific job in trying conditions.:thumbsu:

Yeh maybe wrong term just get sick of blokes bagging me for something i do for nothing an that i am passionate about.:thumbsu:

Why write the shit like GOT THE VIBE SONNY did as it is arrogant an rubs people like myself up the wrong way.:thumbsdown:

All i was doing was defending myself as i think we will be a far better team the next time we meet an in a way i defending the players on saturday who did a terrific job in trying conditions.:thumbsu:
Look I agree and you blokes did a good job on satdy and Jenkins is a gun and where you have come from is great but as for slagging off opposition clubs with shit like Go$$y and Bambi$$ and calling them fwits, I am not sure why that makes you feel better....Both us and the saints recruit to be the best we can as you do, why is it that the top dog always get slagged when all clubs try and recruit to win a flag...what do u want us to just be the same as last year???? we all want to improve and bambill have done it well over the last few years, Euston have been good and I hope we will always improve, dont need clubs in our league slagging each other off......

Look I agree and you blokes did a good job on satdy and Jenkins is a gun and where you have come from is great but as for slagging off opposition clubs with shit like Go$$y and Bambi$$ and calling them fwits, I am not sure why that makes you feel better....Both us and the saints recruit to be the best we can as you do, why is it that the top dog always get slagged when all clubs try and recruit to win a flag...what do u want us to just be the same as last year???? we all want to improve and bambill have done it well over the last few years, Euston have been good and I hope we will always improve, dont need clubs in our league slagging each other off......

I think you will find that the slagging is most likely jealousy an am guilty of it myself but remember that what you & Bambill have done in the past is also not that great for the league.

OK yes you want to win a flag but this is at a cost to the league as it has been that onesided that other clubs lose interest an dont have the funds or players to compete.

I think time will come that either points or a cap will be introduced an this will come via the SFL as they are struggling to compete with some of the cash that is being thrown around in the Millewa & the 2's is almost shot.

Look dont get me wrong i wish we had the players/funds to win a few grannys in a row but for us it is not sustainable as we want to be competitve every year not every second or third.

Euston have the money they just cant get the palyers.
Meringur have recruited strongly but are struggling for cash!
Cardross were close to going into recess this year as they have no funds thanks to their change rooms fiasco but seem to be spending a fair bit this year so next yr who knows?
Nangiloc are struggling financially & also finding it hard to recruit.

So reading into that you would say that the league might have a used by date if these clubs continue in the fashion they are in.

I think you will find that the slagging is most likely jealousy an am guilty of it myself but remember that what you & Bambill have done in the past is also not that great for the league.

OK yes you want to win a flag but this is at a cost to the league as it has been that onesided that other clubs lose interest an dont have the funds or players to compete.

I think time will come that either points or a cap will be introduced an this will come via the SFL as they are struggling to compete with some of the cash that is being thrown around in the Millewa & the 2's is almost shot.

Look dont get me wrong i wish we had the players/funds to win a few grannys in a row but for us it is not sustainable as we want to be competitve every year not every second or third.

Cardross were close to going into recess this year as they have no funds thanks to their change rooms fiasco but seem to be spending a fair bit this year so next yr who knows?

So reading into that you would say that the league might have a used by date if these clubs continue in the fashion they are in.
True we want to win a flag, doesnt everyone. Behind the scenes we work our ass off to secure sponsors and try and do the best by everyone at our club, much like Bambill do and hence why its hard for anyone to leave as they all get treated well as well as having some success along the way, and remember we aint won a flag since 1996....

True we want to win a flag, doesnt everyone. Behind the scenes we work our ass off to secure sponsors and try and do the best by everyone at our club, much like Bambill do and hence why its hard for anyone to leave as they all get treated well as well as having some success along the way, and remember we aint won a flag since 1996....

golly havent won one since 96?....except for 99, 01, 04, 05 and 06

Re: 2010 season

Thats right no excuses, I could say we have Jamie Keenan , Matty Leader Phil Gourlay to come back into the side and Sam Curran in another month if his knee comes up alright. Also Simon Prymke could be moving home and I'm sure i'll find a spot for him in the side.

A Jamie Keenan is playing here in Broken Hill at the moment, presume it is the same player.

So Gol Gol and Bambill shouldn't strive to win flags because it not good for the league? Perhaps the commitees shouldn't work so hard either?

Oh my god i nearly fell off my chair!!! Thanks... i think..... but don't say that to loudly or you'll probably be dumped from your club;)
Good to see a bit of chat on here at least.
I had a look at the ladder today and Bambill are slowly moving up. They have the lowest score against besides Golly and seem to be getting players healthy again. Only problem i see is that the same names are always in the best.
Consistency is great but you need new blood coming through and some support for the old stages, do they have that?
Hope in a few weeks we can both have our best teams on the park, it will be good to see how we match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back