Mid Gippy 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Why is it a no brainer to go to under 18.5 and under 16.5? Why not change to 19s and 17s if they want to change? Seems strange to me to change by half a year.

It is strange to change age groups Traralgon juniors have changed age groups to under 9s,11s,13s,15s don’t think
many kids coming out of under 15s will be ready for 3rds/U18s

Why is it a no brainer to go to under 18.5 and under 16.5? Why not change to 19s and 17s if they want to change? Seems strange to me to change by half a year.
I think it goes hand in hand with changing the qualification. When I played juniors under 15 was turning 15 after July 1, so similar to school. Now under 14.5 is turning 15 after July 1.

I think the age group change is for 1 year only because of no footy this year. It will help a lot of kids who would go from 1st year thirds players straight into senior football by missing their last year of juniors. It will be changed back at end of year. Good move i think

I think the age group change is for 1 year only because of no footy this year. It will help a lot of kids who would go from 1st year thirds players straight into senior football by missing their last year of juniors. It will be changed back at end of year. Good move i think
I'm starting to think in 12 months time there will be no juniors and not much left of MidGippy.
Teams coming from Alberton won't be anywhere near six.
It's nothing short of a cluster heck.

I'm starting to think in 12 months time there will be no juniors and not much left of MidGippy.
Teams coming from Alberton won't be anywhere near six.
It's nothing short of a cluster fu**.
I think they're saying final eight. I think alot of mid gippers underestimate the alberton teams. Some will be very competitive. Hill end should win it by a mile though going by the amount of money they are spending

Sad news I've just heard for Mid Gippy followers was the passing of Robby Sapkin from Traf FC.
One of the truly good people in football. R.I.P Sap.

I think they're saying final eight. I think alot of mid gippers underestimate the alberton teams. Some will be very competitive. Hill end should win it by a mile though going by the amount of money they are spending
There will lucky to be eight starters.

No idea why Ur in this thread other than to annoy people. Take Ur negative bullshit elsewhere just quietly
There is enough idiots on Big Footy without you adding to it.

Always positive on Mid Gippy surviving untouched but, with whats happened over the last month or two my opinion is country football in our area is ****ed.
Never once have I said I was happy about it.
Come back at me when the season kicks off and see where it stands.

From what of heard Cowwarr will accept them how do you think others will vote
will be good for comp to have another side to test out
Ive heard it will be an unanimous decision to accept them. Thinking if any teams encounter trouble in next 5-10 years will still have numbers to be viable comp. I think now yyn & traf gone gone the last 2 premiership teams mid gippy will become a mickey mouse who cares league & others will be gunning to get out too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive heard it will be an unanimous decision to accept them. Thinking if any teams encounter trouble in next 5-10 years will still have numbers to be viable comp. I think now yyn & traf gone gone the last 2 premiership teams mid gippy will become a mickey mouse who cares league & others will be gunning to get out too

Who do you think someone told me about 3 years ago he had heard that Hill End where thinking of North Gippy wonder if this will peak there interest again

Who do you think someone told me about 3 years ago he had heard that Hill End where thinking of North Gippy wonder if this will peak there interest again
Im in close there & never heard nth gippy mentioned but there has been a bit of chat about ellinbank. Wouldnt be surprised if a race between yinnar, mor east & newborough occured would think nth gippy would want a max of 12 teams

By rights Mirboo Nth and Newborough should dominate.

Yallourn officially affiliated with the NGFNL.
Good to see, should be a good year of footy ahead in the region.
Any news on player pickups/signings?

Son of an old Moe team mate has been signed up to play for Hill End - Ben ‘the Bull’ Kerrigan. Ex Officer - Beaconsfield - Moe.

Still to hear if Jibba has identified Moe fringe players that can play a role at Newborough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back