News Michael Voss departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how Voss started talking like he'd been there for years...

'Our club this' 'Our supporters that'......
They all do it as soon as they put on the club polo and give their first video/ attend their first presser.

My favourite part of the reporting is how everything has related to his career at the Lions. It's like he has been cryogenically frozen for the past five years.

Interestingly he is already talking about getting Nigel Lappin as an assistant coach. Wonder if he ever mentioned him to Ken over the years?

I am not an inner sanctum guy or have any particular stroke at the club - but every time Voss had a chance to wave, say hello, or take a photo with one of the nieces or nephews he did. Never seemed burdened by this interaction (they were all at football events) and was so positive with the kids.

I’m grateful for that and grateful he appeared to give his all whilst here. It didn’t work out, but there are certainly no hard feelings from my end.

I am not an inner sanctum guy or have any particular stroke at the club - but every time Voss had a chance to wave, say hello, or take a photo with one of the nieces or nephews he did. Never seemed burdened by this interaction (they were all at football events) and was so positive with the kids.

I’m grateful for that and grateful he appeared to give his all whilst here. It didn’t work out, but there are certainly no hard feelings from my end.

I remember heading over to the MCG with a couple of mates for the grand final that shall not be named and we saw Vossy walking there. We carried on like kids, Vossy mate, Vossy! And he grinned at us and said How are you going lads, like we were perfectly normal people. :tearsofjoy:

I love how Voss started talking like he'd been there for years...

'Our club this' 'Our supporters that'......
In all honesty what would you expect someone who has just been appointed head coach to say at his first presser? Anything less would be a debacle, he has a new club and members to satisfy now to keep his big fat pay check.

Ollie Wines would be a marriage made in heaven for Carlton. I think Carlton would be mad not to throw the bank at him, having Voss already there and what i think is a sense of disillusionment about his chances of winning a flag under hinkley, would we see him look further than living under the stinking armpits of a coach who is sitting on and shitt*#ng on and stifling this clubs growth and development???

Ollie Wines would be a marriage made in heaven for Carlton. I think Carlton would be mad not to throw the bank at him, having Voss already there and what i think is a sense of disillusionment about his chances of winning a flag under hinkley, would we see him look further than living under the stinking armpits of a coach who is sitting on and shitt*#ng on and stifling this clubs growth and development???
Let’s see what next year brings hey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right they don't have to be from Port but they need to be obsessive about Port doing well.

Like a Foss or a Choco or a Clarko.
Clarko was so obsessive about Port winning that when he was last here, in the lead in to a must win finals series after three years of choking, he was off doing job interviews for another club.

I remember heading over to the MCG with a couple of mates for the grand final that shall not be named and we saw Vossy walking there. We carried on like kids, Vossy mate, Vossy! And he grinned at us and said How are you going lads, like we were perfectly normal people. :tearsofjoy:

I ran into Simon Black as I was heading back to my room after breakfast. Same reaction.

“He’s had a huge presence, very personable and very impressive. They got Aaron Hamill in as an assistant and interestingly enough, both have similar qualities in driving standards and culture but they’re now looking for a tactician.

“They’re now looking for an assistant coach to be a tactician, who is going to be the guy that drives the way that they play.”

That last one would concern me.

“He’s had a huge presence, very personable and very impressive. They got Aaron Hamill in as an assistant and interestingly enough, both have similar qualities in driving standards and culture but they’re now looking for a tactician.

“They’re now looking for an assistant coach to be a tactician, who is going to be the guy that drives the way that they play.”

Geez I hope we get one first 🤣🤣🤣

Monty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back