Deboer for fyfe
Suban for Weller
Ibbo for grey
C.Pearce for sheriden

I think is about right .
If we want to give a Pearce a rest
Maybe hannath for him .:D

No learning bad habits for the kids.

Yep. Better send the kids to the WAFL for a few years until we are back on top of the ladder. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

I don't think Dawson will be gone so soon, so with A Pearce and Collins you have your KPDs covered. It is the other end, where we need Apeness to emerge that we are thin.

Dawson turned 30 in Feb this year...

Just how long do you think he will last?

He's the kind of player who even a slight slowdown will render him ineffective. It's ultra athletic or nothing with him. He hasn't got the skills or talent to fall back on.

Collins is still a speculative, late 3rd round pick who was overlooked in the AFL draft for many years. He's hardly a lock in replacement KPD. That's what we've done: we haven't invested our higher draft picks on better rated KPPs, instead we've tried to pull a rabbit out of the hat with throw-away late round picks. And it hasn't worked.

I hope it works out with Collins but the statistics are not on his side.

As someone else has mentioned around here: we've got a 'best available' drafting model and that nearly always means we draft midfielders/flaky half forwards, because they are nearly always the players who look the best at drafting age. Maybe this model needs a looking at. We just don't have the guts , flexibility or inclination to pull the trigger on a Franklin over a flashy midfielder, who looks good, but it perhaps not what we need atm.

This draft where we'll likely have a high draft pick will be very, very interesting indeed.

Let SOS and Collins share this spot for the foreseeable future - johnsons injury isn't a short term one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawson turned 30 in Feb this year...

Just how long do you think he will last?

He's the kind of player who even a slight slowdown will render him ineffective. It's ultra athletic or nothing with him. He hasn't got the skills or talent to fall back on.

Collins is still a speculative, late 3rd round pick who was overlooked in the AFL draft for many years. He's hardly a lock in replacement KPD. That's what we've done: we haven't invested our higher draft picks on better rated KPPs, instead we've tried to pull a rabbit out of the hat with throw-away late round picks. And it hasn't worked.

I hope it works out with Collins but the statistics are not on his side.

As someone else has mentioned around here: we've got a 'best available' drafting model and that nearly always means we draft midfielders/flaky half forwards, because they are nearly always the players who look the best at drafting age. Maybe this model needs a looking at. We just don't have the guts , flexibility or inclination to pull the trigger on a Franklin over a flashy midfielder, who looks good, but it perhaps not what we need atm.

This draft where we'll likely have a high draft pick will be very, very interesting indeed.

It was a while ago, but Franklin was pick 5 and ISTR the only reason he wasn't an out and out top pick was because of some doubts on his mental application/discipline to make it at AFL level. I know what you're saying, and kind of agree, but if another "Franklin" is available to us, we'd pick him I'm sure of it.

I have serious question marks over our fitness staff. These aren't just minor injuries. How in the hell can you send a bloke back onto the field when he has these problems? Same with Fyfe in the same game. Plenty of other things in the past which has made me wonder about their competence.

When Ross called it this in his presser he at first pronounced it Anus Horribilis.

It was then I knew this season had truly descended into farce.

Yes, I heard that as well.

Safe to say this season has turned into anus :eek:

Johno went alright in my opinion. Hard though, minimal options to go to. He has been a champion and I hope he can get through the year to help out in a transition period, which will hopefully be short term.

Sadly it's becoming all too clear that this will be MJ's last year, just hope he can get back and play some good footy before the season is out. Injuries have just been piling up one after the other for the poor guy over the last few years. today is not a good day

Sadly it's becoming all too clear that this will be MJ's last year, just hope he can get back and play some good footy before the season is out. Injuries have just been piling up one after the other for the poor guy over the last few years. today is not a good day

Isn't he contracted for next year? Another payout coming?

Isn't he contracted for next year? Another payout coming?

He's not going to be there for our next tilt and if we're serious about rebuilding then...

Possibly too harsh (and expensive) but I can't see him playing many more games. Hope I'm wrong and his body holds up because we definitely need him out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending on whether he can recover within the year, it might be worth keeping him around to provide some leadership in the backline if he still has it in him to go on. We'll have a few to cull at the end of the year to go deep into the draft this year, so we don't necessarily need to cut him or encourage him to call time.

He may decide to call time himself, though, which is another story all together.

69% of the time it works everytime. Anyone can make a stat to support an argument. Tabs had 18 touches also - was his game good?

Johnson is a shadow of former self and needs a massive H2 to justify next season

Johnson was the sole shining light in the backline disposal-wise until he got injured on Sunday.

Some of you guys are just throwing darts blindly and hoping some will stick.

Johnson was the sole shining light in the backline disposal-wise until he got injured on Sunday.

Some of you guys are just throwing darts blindly and hoping some will stick.

Some of us can see he's been sliding for 12 months, his leg and lower back injuries have reduced his assets in mobility and explosive run from the back line.

We all love johno for what he's done but this injury addition to his major hammy issues last year could pull his retirement forward 12 months - that's reality

Hopefully Irish gets going after the bye.

So much this. MJ was forced to play too much in the defensive role rather than letting him be the rebounder and with his ageing body that is not good.
Those saying Collins is our saviour have obviously not seen him at Peel where he is clearly behind Silvagni and most criticise SNOS for some reason.

Apart from any defenders we pick up in trade like Hooker, we need to get as many games as we can into AP and Hurley who both show promise of being able to both defend and rebound.

So much this. MJ was forced to play too much in the defensive role rather than letting him be the rebounder and with his ageing body that is not good.
Those saying Collins is our saviour have obviously not seen him at Peel where he is clearly behind Silvagni and most criticise SNOS for some reason.

Apart from any defenders we pick up in trade like Hooker, we need to get as many games as we can into AP and Hurley who both show promise of being able to both defend and rebound.
Collins is not a saviour but neither he is worse than Snos at his age, we need to give some of them the opportunity. I don't mind putting him on against team like GWS, Melbourne, tiger ,collingwood, essendon for his learning experience.

As good as Johnno has been for us I can't believe we signed a 30+ year old like him on anything more than 1 year contracts.

He wasn't exactly in huge demand by other clubs from what I recall in 2015.
Too bad we did, so as spurr who is 2 year younger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back