Metal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all. Haven't made a thread on here before but anyway here goes for anyone who wants to talk METAL!! + guitars,drums,tatts and just general metally s**t.
I know you're out there. Back in the day at KP there was always heaps of metal heads walking around & I remember the "AbletticA bow down to the messiah" sign which I thought was so fuken awesome as a youngen.
Anyway Myself am into a variety of metallness from older bands like Slayer, Megadeth etc, through to Pantera,Sepultura,Down etc,through to Straping,Meshuggah, through to Mastadon,Dillenger etc
Plus 100's & 100's of death metal, black metal, grindcore, hardcore and some punk bands.

Anyway stay classy. Here is Dime doing floods.

What was that abortion. Get out.
See the thing is if you listen to groups such as Jedi Mind Tricks or Army of the Pharaohs you have to be intellectual to have any clue what they mean but these two groups have the best beats the world has ever seen in any genre.

Disrespectful on your part though considering these artists are known metal fans.

• Banned
See the thing is if you listen to groups such as Jedi Mind Tricks or Army of the Pharaohs you have to be intellectual to have any clue what they mean but these two groups have the best beats the world has ever seen in any genre.

Disrespectful on your part though considering these artists are known metal fans.
Guess I'm not an "intellectual" then, cause they just seem like w***ers.

Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden (some of their stuff) all favourites of mine.

Funnily enough, I actually listen to Jedi Mind Tricks and Necro. Both have collaborated songs with well known metal guitarists.

I am a metal/Hard Rock fan...well some metal. Note a fan of the growl!

Check out "F*ck the Fitzroy Doom Scene" and their album - Facing the Ruin. https://f*ckthefitzroydoomscene.bandcamp.com/ (change the * to the appropriate letter).

CH31 show - 'The Hard Rock Show' talks about metal and hard rock. Does reviews etc. Saturday's at 11pm.

• Banned
Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden (some of their stuff) all favourites of mine.

Funnily enough, I actually listen to Jedi Mind Tricks and Necro. Both have collaborated songs with well known metal guitarists.
Love all those bands. Missus was gonna get me tickets to Maiden for my birthday but reckons they were like 300$ so no go. Might get to go to Megadeth if there's still tickets.
Guess I'm old school, but try as I might I just can't get into white boys rapping. Just can't.
However I don't mind a bit of of NWA, Public enemy and absolutely loved Black Sunday from Cypress Hill when I was a kid.

• Banned
I am a metal/Hard Rock fan...well some metal. Note a fan of the growl!

Check out "F*ck the Fitzroy Doom Scene" and their album - Facing the Ruin. https://f*ckthefitzroydoomscene.bandcamp.com/ (change the * to the appropriate letter).

CH31 show - 'The Hard Rock Show' talks about metal and hard rock. Does reviews etc. Saturday's at 11pm.
Have seen that show a few times. Also there's a guitar god show or something like that on there which is alright.
Don't mind heck the Fitzroy Doom Scene.
They sort of remind me of Corrosion of Conformity, Clutch and Kyuss rolled into one. All of which are favourite bands. Especially Kyuss. Love em.

However I don't mind a bit of of NWA, Public enemy and absolutely loved Black Sunday from Cypress Hill when I was a kid.

What about the ill fated Body Count?:D

They sort of remind me of Corrosion of Conformity, Clutch and Kyuss rolled into one. All of which are favourite bands. Especially Kyuss. Love em.

I like QOTSA. Will I like Kyuss?

I probably have a narrow number of metal bands I like. Never got into the death metal scene.
Here's one which is doom metal ala Sabbath.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the ill fated Body Count?:D

I like QOTSA. Will I like Kyuss?
He he I forgot about Body Count. I remember they got in all sorts of s**t for that cop killer song. Wasn't really a fan though.
Kyuss songs aren't really as catchy as QOTSA and their a bit slower and heavier. Josh Holmme also doesn't sing. They're hard not to like but

I probably have a narrow number of metal bands I like. Never got into the death metal scene.
Here's one which is doom metal ala Sabbath.....

I've never heard them before but I really like it. They remind me a bit of the Melvins if you've heard them.

Not for everyone but heck Steel Panther are fun to put on when you're drunk.

This is great. Asian chick gets up onstage during Asian Hooker.

There's no middle ground with this band. You either love em or hate em. Hard to separate them, Rush or Opeth as my favorite metal/hard rock band.

There's no middle ground with this band. You either love em or hate em. Hard to separate them, Rush or Opeth as my favorite metal/hard rock band.

Great musos. John Petrucci used to do lessons in Guitar World back in the day. I spent a lot of time attempting/failing to learn them.
I've never really heard Rush but know they've had a lot of influence on bands I really like.
I love Opeth. I still listen to Blackwater Park & My arms your hearse all the time. Put the headphones in at work and the day flys by.
I saw them once when there was about 50 people there. Got to sit down at a table with a few beers and chill out and watch them for about 2 hours. They were amazing. One of the best shows I've ever been too. Never forget it.

Prob fave Opeth song.

Brilliant musicians.

Not really metal but taking the missus to see The Tea Party.
Their doing a 20 year anniversary of Edges of Twilight. Was a great album. At Palais. Is close to being sold out.

Great musos. John Petrucci used to do lessons in Guitar World back in the day. I spent a lot of time attempting/failing to learn them.
I've never really heard Rush but know they've had a lot of influence on bands I really like.
I love Opeth. I still listen to Blackwater Park & My arms your hearse all the time. Put the headphones in at work and the day flys by.
I saw them once when there was about 50 people there. Got to sit down at a table with a few beers and chill out and watch them for about 2 hours. They were amazing. One of the best shows I've ever been too. Never forget it.

Prob fave Opeth song.

Brilliant musicians.

That is a fantastic track. What I like about Dream Theater and Opeth is their compositional approach. Both have the spirit of 70s progressive bands - Yes, ELP, Floyd & King Crimson - but have created totally unique, individual sounds.
Rush on the other hand are more rock orientated but have dabbled in the longer compositional style as well. Been around for over 40 years now and as musos individually and collectively brilliant. This is one of their more famous tracks.

That is a fantastic track. What I like about Dream Theater and Opeth is their compositional approach. Both have the spirit of 70s progressive bands - Yes, ELP, Floyd & King Crimson - but have created totally unique, individual sounds.
Rush on the other hand are more rock orientated but have dabbled in the longer compositional style as well. Been around for over 40 years now and as musos individually and collectively brilliant. This is one of their more famous tracks.

Wow! I think that's the biggest drum kit I've ever seen. That song sounded great. They seem to be really good live.
One thing I know about them is from a movie called I love you man.
2 guys become friends and start playing rush songs and go see them.
Is a hilarious movie.

Wow! I think that's the biggest drum kit I've ever seen. That song sounded great. They seem to be really good live.
One thing I know about them is from a movie called I love you man.
2 guys become friends and start playing rush songs and go see them.
Is a hilarious movie.
There's always arguments about who is the best at this and that. I never enter them as it is always down to opinion and personal taste.
All I can say about Neil Peart is that he is always high on most greatest drummers lists.
An example from the same concert.

He he I forgot about Body Count. I remember they got in all sorts of s**t for that cop killer song. Wasn't really a fan though.
Kyuss songs aren't really as catchy as QOTSA and their a bit slower and heavier. Josh Holmme also doesn't sing. They're hard not to like but

I have the cassette with Cop Killer on it, limited edition I am guessing as the track was removed within a month from all new sales.

I may have to "buy" some Kyuss and see what they sound like.

Not really metal but taking the missus to see The Tea Party.

Kyuss, Cypress Hill, The Tea Party...I can sense a general purple haze theme going on here.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back