Memo Collingwood supporters: a team with some heart?

Remove this Banner Ad

mtffafl

Debutant
Dec 22, 1999
I'm not meaning to overstate our side here (staggy...)

And I still don't think we will get above 10 to 14 on the ladder.

But wasn't it great to see a collingwood side show some heart and put in all day, something we haven't done for a long time.

A lot of the players aren't blessed with talent (Kinnear, Presitigacomo on the backline)... and many don't have great skills (Betheras, Orchard, Licuria)

But the way those players, plus Lockyer (BOG in my books) and many others put in, especially in the last quarter, was great to see.

And for the record, 2 of the umpires were completely incompetent, and the third (number 3) was a blatant cheat.

Even worse than the normal bunch. Hopefully none of them will ever get to umpire a senior game again.

I am not whinging about the umpiring as an excuse, at least the first 2 were incompetent for both teams. The third cheater was obviously paid by Adelaide on the side though.

Matt

yep, it was.

although i don't really like the woods all that much (as you may have picked up
smile.gif
), a collingwood side playing well is good for the competition as a whole - and i agree, it was great to see them play well yesterday.

did i actually just say that it was great to see collingwood paly well?? I think i might be coming down with something.....

oh, and for the record, as much as i despise collingwood, there is one team i hate more, and you're playing them this week. So i do wish your team all the best this week and i hope you kick those blueboys' arses all the way back to lygon street.

cheers
staggy

------------------
2000: year of the bomber

Bucks also emphasised that the 2000-model Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," he said. "Everything we do now is as a team."

This was taken the official COLLINGWOOD site

Remove this Banner Ad

Back