Strategy Membership idea

Remove this Banner Ad

I have had a quick search on whether this idea has been floated before so I apologise of it has.

I would like to see an opt IN option for an extra $5 per year whereby that collective $5 is used to purchase junior memberships for Huddle kids, local area and those less privileged.

If only 1000 members say yes that's $50,000 worth of Junior memberships at say $100 each for an Access Junior membership, that's 500 extra kids being introduced to our great club.

Probably reasons why this wouldn't work and if it's already been raised before then Mods, do as you please with this thread

Lol, I used a calculator too. Suddenly my idea looks average.

Anyway I have this idea to raise 50 memberships....... arr forget it. :D

Forget any hypothetical figure for the moment. That can be worked out.

Looking at the idea for what it is - I think it's a sensational idea. Progressive idea thinking about and investing in not only the next generation, but those less fortunate too to continue to make our club the most accessible of any in the AFL.

One of the biggest weaknesses of a few AFL clubs is the membership facet - some get complacent and lose sight of members' importance. People want to feel like they're part of something, and I as many others probably do. That's what a footy club is - a community that not only embraces its existing members but welcomes new folks from all ranks of society - and that can never be a bad thing.

Forget any hypothetical figure for the moment. That can be worked out.

Looking at the idea for what it is - I think it's a sensational idea. Progressive idea thinking about and investing in not only the next generation, but those less fortunate too to continue to make our club the most accessible of any in the AFL.

One of the biggest weaknesses of a few AFL clubs is the membership facet - some get complacent and lose sight of members' importance. People want to feel like they're part of something, and I as many others probably do. That's what a footy club is - a community that not only embraces its existing members but welcomes new folks from all ranks of society - and that can never be a bad thing.

I always feel "part of the club".

Id put in annually for something like this. The more kids we introduce to the club, the stronger the membership base will become and likely remain.

About memberships, how do i give my ticket/s to someone in Melbourne to use as i dont go to any games but still get full memberships?

Id put in annually for something like this. The more kids we introduce to the club, the stronger the membership base will become and likely remain.

About memberships, how do i give my ticket/s to someone in Melbourne to use as i dont go to any games but still get full memberships?
To your first point I agree, the more kids we get the better... I think the club already do a great job presenting themselves in a great way to children. Unfortunately club support is generally generational, but bringing in new comers to the sport is smart planning for the future, despite the lack of instant gratification.

To your second point, I guess if you are giving them to someone you know, posting them would work best.

I have had a quick search on whether this idea has been floated before so I apologise of it has.

I would like to see an opt IN option for an extra $5 per year whereby that collective $5 is used to purchase junior memberships for Huddle kids, local area and those less privileged.

If only 1000 members say yes that's $50,000 worth of Junior memberships at say $100 each for an Access Junior membership, that's 500 extra kids being introduced to our great club.

Probably reasons why this wouldn't work and if it's already been raised before then Mods, do as you please with this thread
I like it. It's pretty hard to convert an adult but to offer this to a child could 'hook' him in for life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've witnessed this first hand. A number of my kids friends, local kids with African backgrounds that were new to the area, use to get free tickets to home games from the huddle. Now those kids are late teens, early twenties and are mad North fans with their own memberships.

great way for these kids to feel part of the community and area too

So you have been the bloke selling buckets of chips at Etihad all this bloody time at 10 X the amount.

Great idea, but i would expand it to include North fans who would go but can't afford to buy memberships or attend individual games.

I'd like to imagine 5000-10000 fans out there whom are doing it tough and can't justify a membership as they would have to forgo food, ciggies, shards etc

The dogs have a pay it forward campaign, i'd certainly be happy to contribute under this type of scenario.

Believe it works by "me" nominating 5 "broke" lapsed members and paying for their membership who in turn nominate 5 for 2016 and they for 2017 and so on.

Could see us doing it better than them as that's how we usually roll.

If only.....

Good idea, Bigeasy. With painless automatic deductions and some promotion of the benefits you'd get a lot more than 1,000 members and $5 per person I reckon.

You should have used easier numbers, such as 4327 members each agreeing to pay an additional $15.78 and you wouldn't have been confused by all the zeros.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back