Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Member Profiles

Yeah, cheers for that..

Lighten up boy.

Height: 183cm
Weight: 100kgs
Bodyfat: Not sure, wouldnt mind cutting down to 95
Qualifications: Cert 4 Fitness, Level 1 S&C coach
Sports: Just Basketball whcih is pretty social, fun as hell though. Football next season thats why I'm wanting to cut a bit
Supplements: WPI, ZMA Creatine & Xtend

Lifts: Squat 190, Dead 215, Bench 120, Overhead 80.

Training: I lift 2x a week, strongman training 1x & sprints 2x

My Goal would be to be able to play footy comfortably next season and also raise my lifts to a respectable amount considering my weight.

Some very impressive pics on this thread, well done guys. Whomb I think a good goal of mine would be to get to that stage that you are in those pics. A hell of a job.
If I can be bothered I'll take some pics and post em.

Pezz I just saw those transformation pics, great effort! looking very solid now.

Massive potential, Ricky.

Seconded :thumbsu:

A bit of Pez dancing.

Froffing hard brah!!

Bodyfat: Not sure, wouldnt mind cutting down to 95
Sports: Just Basketball whcih is pretty social, fun as hell though. Football next season thats why I'm wanting to cut a bit

Training: I lift 2x a week, strongman training 1x & sprints 2x

My Goal would be to be able to play footy comfortably next season and also raise my lifts to a respectable amount considering my weight.

Some very impressive pics on this thread, well done guys. Whomb I think a good goal of mine would be to get to that stage that you are in those pics. A hell of a job.
If I can be bothered I'll take some pics and post em.

Pezz I just saw those transformation pics, great effort! looking very solid now.

Cheers mate, still a long way to go for me :thumbsu:

You sound like a big unit pushing some heavy weight around. Keep it up.

Thanks mate still not to flash considering my weight. Need to cut down a tad though with a bit if useless weight on me (fat). Slowly getting there, might post some pics soon, have to say a bit hard taking pics when your not content with the look.

use a motivation

1111fri.jpg

6'2 85kg.. Profile on first page.. Thoughts on bf %?

Here are some promised pics. Obviously not to happy with my condition but slowly getting there
Body fat: Obviously too much, maybe someone can estimate. wouldn't mind cutting down to 90-95kg for football
Sports: Just Basketball whcih is pretty social, fun as hell though. Football next season that's why I'm wanting to cut a bit

Training: I lift 2x a week, strongman training 1x & sprints 2x with some 200m runs.

My Goal would be to be able to play footy comfortably next season maybe in the midfield! and also raise my lifts to a respectable amount considering my weight. Pics, pretty relaxed besides bicep and lat in the first pic :)
IMG_0304copy.jpg

IMG_0303copy.jpg

sammy i wouldn't worry about your lifts,

at the moment your at the following:

bs 1.9 x bw
dl 2.15 x bw
bp 1.2 x bw

let's say you get in btw your goal wt at 92.5kgs now your at:

bs 2.1 x bw
dl 2.3 x bw
bp 1.3 x bw

all without an increase in any of your lifts

so just get that wt down, maintain where you're at and you'll better off relative strength wise which is what footy is all about

you should also translate those strength numbers into actual performance too (sprint speed mainly)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you're built for sprinting then use that as a strength and make repeated sprinting your strength as you'll probably never run marathons, without losing what you're natural at anyway

but again losing wt will enhance everything else you do even if you don't improve it (sprinting speed, endurance, relative power etc)

Hi guys just a bit of an update for anyone whos interested. I am now around 96kg weighing myself yesterday after a big saturday night at the races and city. Which hardly happens so I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself. I havn't noticed any drop in my lifts and the love handles are obviously going. Compliments are coming in which helps as well.

BF% says 15.6 on my scales at the gym but take that with a grain of salt I suppose.

I'm going to try the oxy elite pro fat burners after the new year to help shed the rest of the unwanted fat just in time for football.

Hi guys just a bit of an update for anyone whos interested. I am now around 96kg weighing myself yesterday after a big saturday night at the races and city. Which hardly happens so I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself. I havn't noticed any drop in my lifts and the love handles are obviously going. Compliments are coming in which helps as well.

BF% says 15.6 on my scales at the gym but take that with a grain of salt I suppose.

I'm going to try the oxy elite pro fat burners after the new year to help shed the rest of the unwanted fat just in time for football.
Good job mate, so that's 1kg each week for the last 4 weeks with no drop in strength. Sounds positive to me! :thumbsu:

It sounds like you're not trying to lose too much too quickly which will be good for keeping muscle mass/strength. Would you mind if your lifts suffered or is staple that they at least stay put?

Thought OxyElite Pro didn't get into Australia anymore? I tried it a while ago for shits and giggles and it worked quite well for bringing the abs out a bit. Wasn't lasting though due to my laziness. 100mg of caffeine per capsule is quite high in my opinion (although is it a new formula now?) so if you're sensitive to stims you might get away with taking 2 per day rather than 3. My side effects were peeing a lot, nausea and sleepless nights if I took 3 capsules.

I also have an update for you guys which I will post tonight along with a picture that I'm very proud of. :) Might mean I don't have to take a can of Whiskers to the pub with me anymore. That's usually how I reel in the pussy anyway... :p

I got them today, 120 for 2 bottles. It had discount party wares on the front lol. Was a breeze through customs. I got them from eBay. Lifts moving wouldn't be a massive deal but it would be great if they don't go down. I'm always been a fast sprinter so the more power the better.

Weight: 79kg (last photo was at 80kg but before I started my mini-keto-cut I got up to about 81.3kg)

Body fat: No idea, estimates are welcome - I'd say between 10 and 15%. I'm typically not a vascular person but I can still grab enough surface fat to suggest that I'm above 10% (I'd think).

I know keto diets should be longer than 2 weeks but I just did it to see what stresses it put on my body and how I reacted to moving into ketosis. I was very surprised at the difficulty of the first week and the end results (but this is a story for another time).

Here's my current photo:

393519_10150408480908174_681068173_8453330_2061801020_n.jpg

Also, I feel a lot stronger coming out of keto and going back onto carbs. Can do sets of 12 reps on bench now of what I was doing 8 reps of just a fortnight ago. Weird. :)

supercompensation of glycogen storage

No doubt. And I'm softer now after being back on the carbs for 5 days now than I was on Thursday night when the photo was taken. But some of the effects are lasting. My serratus anterior are more visible now than a fortnight ago and my abs are slightly better too. But yes, definitely softer now that I'm eating carbs again. And I know that for every carb your body will store 2.7mL of water. In that photo I was super dry. By the end of the week, I was getting dehydrated very easily. Water was running right through me, getting me very annoyed at my bladder.

In any case, I'm happy with the experiment and will probably do it again for 4 or 5 weeks sometime down the track (hopefully 10kg down the track). And it's also good to have a picture of that as a reference for when I am considering to cut again. It's by far the best I've ever looked and I've inspired myself to go one better again.

If you're conscious about the way you look, bulking up to 90kg isn't really for you, in the short term anyways, as it would most likely come with a fair bit of body fat.

Contrary to popular belief, you can stay fairly lean 10-12% and make good gains if you're on a good diet. It also makes you appear a lot bigger due to actually seeing the muscle.

No doubt. And I'm softer now after being back on the carbs for 5 days now than I was on Thursday night when the photo was taken. But some of the effects are lasting. My serratus anterior are more visible now than a fortnight ago and my abs are slightly better too. But yes, definitely softer now that I'm eating carbs again. And I know that for every carb your body will store 2.7mL of water. In that photo I was super dry. By the end of the week, I was getting dehydrated very easily. Water was running right through me, getting me very annoyed at my bladder.

In any case, I'm happy with the experiment and will probably do it again for 4 or 5 weeks sometime down the track (hopefully 10kg down the track). And it's also good to have a picture of that as a reference for when I am considering to cut again. It's by far the best I've ever looked and I've inspired myself to go one better again.
Forget this, cptkirk ^^^. I didn't understand the statement and assumed you were talking about results being better on the final day because I was 'dry'. It wasn't until I got home to have a read about supercompensation that I realised you were talking about my lifts. Are you suggesting that they will decrease after having experienced the glycogen supercompensation? Is there away to utilise it and build on it for improvement or breaking through plateaus? It's new to me and opens up some research opportunites! BRB reading everything on the net about this phenomenon.

If you're conscious about the way you look, bulking up to 90kg isn't really for you, in the short term anyways, as it would most likely come with a fair bit of body fat.

Contrary to popular belief, you can stay fairly lean 10-12% and make good gains if you're on a good diet. It also makes you appear a lot bigger due to actually seeing the muscle.
Nah, not really conscious about how I look. I've never had abs and it never bothered me. My ex girlfriend put the challenge to me to get some and I took it. We broke up but I was keen to still see how I went dropping some fat. My end goal will be about 85kg at 7-8%. I figure the quickest way to get there is to disregard abs (bodyfat) and consider them the final piece of the puzzle by overshooting the goal then cutting back.

Nice work, mate.
Thanks mate. Looks weird not seeing Whomb attached to your posts. Was very confused at first! :confused:

Good to see your face has healed Ricky.​
Yeah got it sorted out. Was looking worrying for a moment there.

Thanks for your comments guys. It's good to finally start getting some good compliments on something that seems like has taken forever! :thumbsu:

Forget this, cptkirk ^^^. I didn't understand the statement and assumed you were talking about results being better on the final day because I was 'dry'. It wasn't until I got home to have a read about supercompensation that I realised you were talking about my lifts. Are you suggesting that they will decrease after having experienced the glycogen supercompensation? Is there away to utilise it and build on it for improvement or breaking through plateaus? It's new to me and opens up some research opportunites! BRB reading everything on the net about this phenomenon.

if your lifts went up after the glycogen load then they probably will decrease a little but hopefully they will still be heavier then normal

supercompensation is really an underrated factor in training but probably the most effective

for strength you'd purposefully overtrain a movement or 2 at 1 time until you're 10 - 20% off your regular max then back way off

so if you could bench 100kgs for 1 rep then you'd do singles everyday until you were temporarily overtrained and could only do singles at 90kgs, take a week off (it will depends how many days it took to get down to 90 though) then retest

definitely worth a few cycles if you're keen enough..i could set it up for you

for hypertrophy it's basically the same but the reps would be higher

Remove this Banner Ad

Back