-VC-

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche, Melb Mustangs
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,18229932%5E2862,00.html

Here's the article. This one has been in the works for a while and it looks like they finally have a consortium.
"The consortium is yet to secure finance to build the centre, but has used private funding to pay designers here and in Canada to draw up detailed plans." This is a little concerning, that they haven't secured finances yet. But it's great that they're paying designers in Canada so hopefully if it happens it'll be done right, unlike our current rink (Oakleigh) which is pretty much a frozen swimming pool. A proper ice surface is meant to be half an inch thick.
I'm also not sure if there'll be any club hockey played there. The story says that it will host national and international ice hockey events and that it'll be open to the public for general skating, but will it be open to the hockey playing public for games? I imagine it will be but it'll cost too much for the league to regularly schedule games there.

All I ask is why? So the Winter Olympics is on, big deal.

Then again, if it encourages more chicks like Alisa Camplin to aim for the Games, I'm all for it.

It'd be great, but I dont really see why if they arent gonna play hockey. $60million just for an ice skating rink for the public? Where's the catch?

RoosterLad said:
wicked
$60million so some **** can wear tights and skate around like hoes
surely there is a better use for 60 ********ing million dollars!!!
Speaking of complex, how's that inferiority one going? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back