Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2022

Cup winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who decides to say that they've backed the winner here with no previous mention of it on the board will be given a week holiday

Amelias Jewel oh boy

Very plain for a horse the sandgropers were saying was an everest horse

I mean the list of WA hype horses that would apparently dominate Australian racing if only sent west is longer than the list of shit rides by international jockeys coming to Oz for the Spring.

Didn't look like it handled the wet or get the trip - but at the $4.60 think there was more than enough juice in the price to find out on the day. Against that - getting passed by utter walkers like Emissary and Huge Emocean suggests solidly dissapointing.

If it stays in Oz still think it will be a monster 2000-2400.
For me I think it needed the run,didn't look fit enough. Everything that went past it was 4th and 5th up.

For me I think it needed the run,didn't look fit enough. Everything that went past it was 4th and 5th up.

Nah thats Austalian thinking - European trainers dont need to run them 4 or 5 times in races they cant win to get them fit. He got passed because he didn't see out the trip

Early Oaks thoughts?

Liked the run of Renaissance Woman at Caulfield 2 starts back. Had plenty of horse at the finish it looked. By Reliable Man, it suggests it will likely run the trip. $8 currently seems a good bet.

I mean if the fave stays I think she will do a Samantha Miss gap job on them - has all the form and SP advantages over the entire field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean if the fave stays I think she will do a Samantha Miss gap job on them - has all the form and SP advantages over the entire field.

By Extreme Choice. Not overly familiar with the breeding but it’s not a noted staying pedigree is it? It did finish off at Randwick pretty impressively having said that.

By Extreme Choice. Not overly familiar with the breeding but it’s not a noted staying pedigree is it? It did finish off at Randwick pretty impressively having said that.

Breeding doesn't bother me when it comes to Oaks/Derbies - you can bolt them in on class alone.

Mum was a great stayer. Ran into delicacy and ina derby and gapped a Caulfield cup winner over the 2400 from memory.

anyone got any theorys on what happened to DL? paraded so well.. soft track? to much distance? i thought it was looking real good just before the turn when it started moving into 4th 3rd... great run by all the 3 place getters , unreal for high emocean connections

So I'm assuming PVL paid Frankie a sizeable bag of cash under the table to fly across the globe to ride that plodder Hosier into last on the Big Dance

Embarrasing he thought bringing him over would get people through the doors

anyone got any theorys on what happened to DL? paraded so well.. soft track? to much distance? i thought it was looking real good just before the turn when it started moving into 4th 3rd... great run by all the 3 place getters , unreal for high emocean connections

For me it just didn’t stay the trip. Needed a cart for longer into the straight if it was going to have any hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back