Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt say our win wasnt impressive.. it was...

However our 2nd half was absolute pants and we were lucky to hold on.

For me that took a fair bit of shine off the win. Our second half we played like scared little kids waiting for the big bad wolf to blow our house down, nearly blowing a 49 point lead

Gold Coast broke even for the first quarter and a half but then put the foot down and put them to the sword so yeah for me their win is more impressive than ours
The bigger shine off for me was the ridiculousness after the game. We didn't look at all like a premiership contender, we look like an also ran that's just happy to win a H&A game.

Of the 4 quarters played last night both teams won 2 of them. Our win last week was bloody amazing
ok so the 2 quarters Geelong won last night it was
Geelong 5-0 to Gold Coast 4-3 (+3)
Geelong 7-3 to Gold Coast 7-1 (+2)

Last weeks "Geelong" quarters were
Geelong 6-2 to Port 2-3 (+23)
Geelong 3-3 to Port 1-3 (+12)

We were 48 points at the 9 minute mark of the second quarter
From that point until the end of the game... so the next 87 minutes of football....
Geelong 11-7 to Port 4-8

yep 4 goals in the 87 minutes of football. Regardless of what we did early in the game.. that is woeful

Yep celebrate the win. Absolultely... the first 40 mintues were "bloody amazing" but you cant just brush off that last 87 minutes of footy. It was as bad as anything we have done this season

Yeah well have a look at Essendon. Kind of makes our absolute embarassement of them look even more impressive.
Mind you, certain teams just have a day out occasionally. North Melbourne smashed Port by 92 points in round 8, 2004 - where did they finish that year?

If Port were to play Essendon again in the next few weeks, I'll wager that the margin would be a lot less than 69 points.

If Port were to play Essendon again in the next few weeks, I'll wager that the margin would be a lot less than 69 points.
Absolutely. Bombers are playing some really good footy. They drew with Collingwood just a week after Collingwood belted us. They knocked off the crows at AO two weeks before the crows embarrassed us at the same venue, and last week they comfortably beat a team many were tipping for the flag

I wouldnt at all be surprised if we played Essendon tomorrow if they knocked us off

Absolutely. Bombers are playing some really good footy. They drew with Collingwood just a week after Collingwood belted us. They knocked off the crows at AO two weeks before the crows embarrassed us at the same venue, and last week they comfortably beat a team many were tipping for the flag

I wouldnt at all be surprised if we played Essendon tomorrow if they knocked us off
Our team cannot be trusted. All down to coaching in my opinion.

Except that we beat Geelong at Kardinia Park after a 17 year drought. That has to be worth celebrating.
Not by the guy who is largely responsible for that 17 year drought.

The fact that the 17 year drought ever existed is a blight on Hinkley. The fact that he celebrated ending it in a home and away game like he'd just won a GF is another indictment on him.

Mind you, certain teams just have a day out occasionally. North Melbourne smashed Port by 92 points in round 8, 2004 - where did they finish that year?

Plus we were missing 6 or 7 premiership players including hard nuts Carr, Hardwick and Byron, which you needed against North back then.

Essendon 100% would knock us off today. Probably after they finished playing North as well

Here we go, the Victorian media are telling us Hawthorn were robbed...

Jon Ralph says, “(There’s) nothing they can do now – it’s not an official error – but gee, those Hawthorn fans they would’ve loved that 20 seconds to be taken off the clock.” So it is an unofficial error Jon? Official or otherwise why should we give a rat's what Hawthorn fans would like?

It has taken the Victorian biased media a day and a half to come up with this whinge about an 'unofficial' error. No one appeared to question the time on call at the time. In hindsight we are to believe that Hawthorn were robbed by an umpiring mistake, gimme a break Jon. As I posted previously there was at least one holding the ball and a foul after disposal that might have gone Port's way in the last few minutes.

:p

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph says, “(There’s) nothing they can do now – it’s not an official error – but gee, those Hawthorn fans they would’ve loved that 20 seconds to be taken off the clock.” So it is an unofficial error Jon? Official or otherwise why should we give a rat's what Hawthorn fans would like?

It has taken the Victorian biased media a day and a half to come up with this whinge about an 'unofficial' error. No one appeared to question the time on call at the time. In hindsight we are to believe that Hawthorn were robbed by an umpiring mistake, gimme a break Jon. As I posted previously there was at least one holding the ball and a foul after disposal that might have gone Port's way in the last few minutes.

Is he going by the on screen clock or the timekeepers clock?
I understand that they are not the same thing, correct me if I'm wrong. (not that it matters much in this situation) I guess)

The AFL has given its public approval of the decision by an on-field umpire to crucially stop the clock for 19 seconds in the last quarter of Port Adelaide’s comeback win over Hawthorn.

So what's the problem?

Sad Monsters Inc GIF by filmeditor

Cracking Up Lol GIF

They mentioned this on On The Couch last night, just after mentioning the crows having another sook about being robbed.

Presumably they have also examined all those games where Collingwood have won by under a goal in the last couple of years

The AFL has given its public approval of the decision by an on-field umpire to crucially stop the clock for 19 seconds in the last quarter of Port Adelaide’s comeback win over Hawthorn.

So what's the problem?

Exactly, if Mr Ralph and his Vic cronies bothered to look the Umpire spends a good deal of that 19 seconds clearing Hawthorn players out of the no go zone. Hawthorn were attempting to eat up time on the clock and it did not work- good umpiring from where I sit- and so say all us. :D

****ing whinging Victorians.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back